Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hope it's ok to ask... figure some have to be thinking the same thing...

So now you have your pre or are waiting to hear about first impressions...
    Some will post that they love the Pre and those will most likely stay...
    but for those that do not feel it was a homerun out of the box or with issues...
    if the WWDC presentation show a 32GB iPhone with front camera, etc.,
    and whatever new tricks besides what's been said (cut n paste, etc...)
    you gonna cancel and get the iPhone?

Guess we'll get better idea after the WWDC presentation.
    nope this phone is only 1 day old in 3 months this phone will be supreme!
    I am if it's cool enough (ex: if rumors of front facing camera, instantly sharing files during phone call, faster, multitasking are true).

I love my Pre, but the build quality bothers me. It wiggles or gives too much. Do the back gesture? The top layer wiggles. Sometimes doing certainly moves on the screen do it too. It's enough to really annoy me.
    I love the Pre. I wouldn't trade it for an iPhone anyday. Plus I don't want to be carrying a phone around that nearly every High School kid uses :P
    I used an iphone for two years prior to the Pre and won't go back for the third revision.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    I am if it's cool enough (ex: if rumors of front facing camera, instantly sharing files during phone call, faster, multitasking are true).

I love my Pre, but the build quality bothers me. It wiggles or gives too much. Do the back gesture? The top layer wiggles. Sometimes doing certainly moves on the screen do it too. It's enough to really annoy me.
    Jonathan can't you exchange it for a new one? Mine seems to be working flawless and seems pretty solid to me!
    well lets face it, the iphone is hot theres no question about it, but the pre is refreshing something new.. give it a little while to gets it foot in the door with the apps, and firmware updates, and it will be a true contender to the throne!
    Even when my Treo would constantly upset me I still stuck with Sprint. ATT needs a more competitive subscription before I can even consider them. I'm not really about latest and greatest, but like trying new things.
    It'd be a cold day in hell.

All you have to do is look at the potential of the new Palm Web OS.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Even when my Treo would constantly upset me I still stuck with Sprint. ATT needs a more competitive subscription before I can even consider them. I'm not really about latest and greatest and trying new things.
    Exactly. That and reliable service. I don't know about you, but being dropped constantly is not one of those daily routines I like going through... The Pre seems solid though and I haven't had any serious build issues save for a stuck pixel but I got that replaced in a jiffy.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Not a chance...I love my Pre!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Been thinking about it. Love the Pre OS but damn the iPhone has so many apps right now and so much accessory support. The plans are whats stopping me. If I went to the iPhone I would miss the Pre as an OS.
    For an Iphone, possibly. For ATT's service and plans, I wouldn't switch. If the Iphone was Verizon, that would be a easier decision.
    I waited until I could read owner reports here before deciding whether to buy. Based on what I've read, I will not be buying a Pre until many of the bugs (and "features") are fixed, and the missing features I use every day are added. IF that ever happens.

But I have no intention of buying an iPhone. It's PIM apps are, in general, as weak as the Pre's. And I have no desire to switch to AT&T. Guess I'll keep using my Treo until Palm fixes the Pre, or something else comes along.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I cancelled ATT with my 3G iPhone running 3.0 beta so I could get a pre and get a fair assessment before tomorrows announcements.

I will cancel sprint and move right back if the video is as cool as I'm starting to guess.

There is a lot of flexibility to the pre that I dig but a lot of user interface inconsistencies and odd little nits are leaving me with a ho hum feeling.
  16.    #16  
    We'll there were rumors that ATT will have different plans and a cheaper plan... we'll find out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Even when my Treo would constantly upset me I still stuck with Sprint. ATT needs a more competitive subscription before I can even consider them. I'm not really about latest and greatest, but like trying new things.
    I probably will. My Pre doesn't seem to have good enough battery life to actually be used as a primary cell phone. On my iPhone 3G i was having 6+ hours of actual usage (~20 hours on standby) and it was not even at the 20% warning. I had to charge my Pre at 3 PM today only after using it for a few emails, texts, about an hour of web browsing, and one 15 minute phone call.
    Nope. ATT's plans cost a good deal more for unlimited data and text and I just can't justify that for a phone that does less of what I want. iPhone has some bells and whistles that Pre doesn't have at the moment but I feel like Pre has more of the key features I need in a smart phone.

In the interest of full disclosure, I made a point not to purchase any goods or services from ATT after it came out that they were illegally tapping all traffic through their servers for the NSA so I'm biased but ignoring that I still don't see the iPhone as offering anything to justify the higher priced plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    We'll there were rumors that ATT will have different plans and a cheaper plan... we'll find out tomorrow.
    Yes, rumors are better battery life, cheaper plans, 50% faster for the iPhone.

Cheaper plans and improved battery alone would be a huge uptick in sales I suspect...

Fact is, everyone is developing for the iphone (like the iPod). It has become the defacto standard for portable computing, BB are still the email corporate king, but you want to remote control your TV... yeah, there's probably an app for that
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    At&T sucks. The iphone sucks because it is on their network. Doesn't matter how great the phone is, it could be the perfect phone. But with constant dropped calls and unreliable 3g who cares about the iphone.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast