Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    For those wanting video chat, I would be very very surprised if those rumors are true.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I would never get an iPhone, and the reasons are the same now as they were when the thing first came out:

-No physical keyboard (I've tried to type on the touch keyboard, and it's awful. I made a mistake every other letter.)
    -You can't easily go from one thing to another without closing the first thing.
    -AT&T blows.
    -I've been with Sprint since my very first phone, and I have never had ANY problems with coverage or dropped calls. Ever. Since the late 90s.

So yah, the entire idea of the iPhone would have to change for me to like it.

I can't wait for Pre apps! That will really make me happy.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    I still have my 2G iPhone activated on AT&T, I'm not totally sold on the Pre yet. I like it a lot, but I'm concerned about build quality.

So yeah, I am still sitting on the fence. I have dropped my iPhone a handful of times and it's been pretty durable. It also slides in and out of the pocket a little easier and creates less of a bulge.

-n8
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    I still have my 2G iPhone activated on AT&T, I'm not totally sold on the Pre yet. I like it a lot, but I'm concerned about build quality.

So yeah, I am still sitting on the fence. I have dropped my iPhone a handful of times and it's been pretty durable. It also slides in and out of the pocket a little easier and creates less of a bulge.

-n8
    When you say build quality, do you mean the actual parts of the phone? Like the plastic, etc. to build it? (Sorry...new to all this smart phone stuff.) Cause my Pre feels pretty good. I haven't dropped it, but I have gently tossed it on tables, and it holds up. Also, even though the keypad (the one that slides out) is quite slim, it is pretty sturdy. And no problems with the upper portion of the phone.

And I think it fits well in the pocket (and I'm female, so I have smaller pockets).

But I'm glad you are weighing the options.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I have used an iphone, and no amount of tricks will change how the experience is. Sure the new phone will be nice with tons of storage, but the new iphone will be an iphone and I've been there done that. Plus I'm sure excited for the new Zune to come out, that thing looks hot, and that will be my next mp3 player
    Well, we will see after today what the new iPhone 3.0 offers and can make a good comparison with the Palm Pre. I see advantages and disadvantages between the two phones, so I'm still sitting on the fence whether to switch from Verizon to one of these two phones.
    cohoman

Palm Apps:

jVault and jChecklist
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    For those wanting video chat, I would be very very surprised if those rumors are true.
    AT&T's network is just too crappy and slow to do it well. If anyone tried to implement that feature on AT&T's network it would be a pretty crappy experience.
    Well, new iphone was about as expected. Now what to do, will try the Pre again.
    iphone is just so darn pricey compared to Sprint
  9.    #69  
    I'm not sure what I am going to do... there are a lot of nice upgrades and features in both software and hardware listed in other thread. the phone is getting more and more refined... but guess i was expecting something evolutionary.

gonna give it time and probably will get excited... play with the 3.0 software and the new features like push... and will probably start getting excited about new features i can use on the new phone like tom tom and ad2p.

what i really want to see is first hand is the 2x speed increase and hear about the battery.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234