Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nothing they seem to be annoucing is enough for me to switch.

WebOS has more potential in my eyes than the current version of Mobile OSX.

But these two phones will co-exist just fine. In its 1.02 versoin of the software it impresses me more than the G1 and the Storm....and in a lot of regards, the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Hope it's ok to ask... figure some have to be thinking the same thing...

So now you have your pre or are waiting to hear about first impressions...
    Some will post that they love the Pre and those will most likely stay...
    but for those that do not feel it was a homerun out of the box or with issues...
    if the WWDC presentation show a 32GB iPhone with front camera, etc.,
    and whatever new tricks besides what's been said (cut n paste, etc...)
    you gonna cancel and get the iPhone?

Guess we'll get better idea after the WWDC presentation.
    Wasn't really comfortable paying $140+ for 900 minutes... att can kiss my ***, I don't care if they got a 30gen iPhone that blows your nose and wipes your ***, the network is crap and that is the end of that. What good is a iPhone of any gen if the network can't deliver? I know in some areas, it's att FTW, but here in Albuquerque, att can go "fly a kite"

Like I've stated, I love the iPhone, but the one problem with it is... att.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    At&T sucks. The iphone sucks because it is on their network. Doesn't matter how great the phone is, it could be the perfect phone. But with constant dropped calls and unreliable 3g who cares about the iphone.
    So, by this logic the Pre sucks since the phone has been bouncing from 0 bars to 5 and back when I'm in my house. When I use my iPhone it doesn't do that and I never drop calls. We had 3G problems twice here in the Metro Detroit area last year. I'm not saying the Pre sucks but if you use that logic, well then...
    I like the Pre a lot. The 1st one was horrible, it had dead pixels, screen distortion along the bottom, crashes, over heating, not charging correctly, and no system sounds. I took it back and exchanged it. The one I have now has been great no major problems except for the signal going from 0-5 bars and back up. Anyway to answer the OP's question, If the new iPhone is a big upgrade then yes I would switch but if it's as little as the iPhone to 3G then no. Another reason to switch back would be if Sprint or Palm can't figure a way to stop my signal from fluctuating. I intend to use as much of the 30 day trial as I can to make a good decision.
    As far as this moment is concerned I'm planning on keeping my Pre and upgrading my iPhone 3G to whatever new is announced tommorow so that I can have the BEST of both worlds. The ONLY thing that woud make return the Pre and stick with just the iPhone would be if the new iphone the following..

1). Complete Pre-like Multitasking (Not likely at all given Apple's stance on battery drainage)

2).Front Facing Camera for Video Chat (the inner gadget freak in me SCREAMS for something so cool, but AT&T's network would be absolutely raped under the almighty piping that such a feature would do to them)

3). 5 megapixel Camera with Autofocus and flash (early rumors and reports point to a 3.2 megapixel sensor in the new iphone, which is fine with me, but 5 megapixels would put it on par with my ex-girlfirends Behold which takes awesome pics)

4). Flash Support (again, geek dream, not gonna happen until probably next generation device.

5). Lower Plan Prices (Once again not gonna happen, I actually don't mind paying the extra $30 for data but I feel as if for that price some amount of texting be included. Having to pay an EXTRA $20 bucks for unlimited texting when Sprints everything data plans INCLUDE text and mms just makes sprint the better deal.

So of course none of those 4 things are liable to happen, however, What DOES seem to be in store (ram boost, storage boost, ect.) wold be enough for me to stay with AT&T and let upgrade to the new generation instead of splitting and porting my number over.

It All Goes down tommorow gadget lovers
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    In the interest of full disclosure, I made a point not to purchase any goods or services from ATT after it came out that they were illegally tapping all traffic through their servers for the NSA so I'm biased but ignoring that I still don't see the iPhone as offering anything to justify the higher priced plans.
    I am the same way. No ATT for me. Just can't trust them. Plus I hate that noise that comes out of speakers when an ATT (GSM) phone gets close.
    if they announce a new iphone for verizon.. then yes
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbizzle View Post
    I probably will. My Pre doesn't seem to have good enough battery life to actually be used as a primary cell phone. On my iPhone 3G i was having 6+ hours of actual usage (~20 hours on standby) and it was not even at the 20% warning. I had to charge my Pre at 3 PM today only after using it for a few emails, texts, about an hour of web browsing, and one 15 minute phone call.
    weird thing is I'm getting the exact opposite in battery life.....with my iPhone 3g I would get the 20% warning around 4-5 pm, with the pre I'm getting it at 10:30/11 PM. There are plenty of variables obviously....but I think you will find different usage with everyone.
    For the record I think it is supreme at least software wise but that is what people said about the BB Storm, "Give it 90 days it will be amazing", thing is still a piece of junk. The thing I wish to gain the most with time would be applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid_MTB View Post
    nope this phone is only 1 day old in 3 months this phone will be supreme!
    Last edited by JoshH37; 06/08/2009 at 12:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post

I love my Pre, but the build quality bothers me. It wiggles or gives too much. Do the back gesture? The top layer wiggles. Sometimes doing certainly moves on the screen do it too. It's enough to really annoy me.
    My phone never wiggles or gives too much when I do anything. Kind of like my ex-wife. But seriously I haven't had any issues with the build quality at all, although I do agree that the USB door will break sooner or later. To answer the OP's question, I have never owned an Apple product and don't see myself doing so in the near future.
    I have the Pre. I have some gripes, but heck it's the first WebOS device out of the starting gate. I'm going to make up my mind in about 20 days. Remember, Palm probably made the decision to launch the PRE a couple days before Apple's WWDC iPhone announcement.

PALM probably would have wanted to release Pre with everything that people are screaming for on these boards, but they probably needed at least until July to deliver all the software needed to enhance the Pre.

Bottom-line, I think they released it a bit prematurely to ensure AAPL didn't steal their thunder.

I think PALM needs to stick around to at least ensure AAPL engineers to stay on top of their game. Go Palm.
    DaleDC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    if they announce a new iphone for verizon.. then yes
    A Verizon iPhone would be a slam-dunk for Apple. That's what I'm hoping for in tomorrow's WWDC announcement.... If not then I'm going with a Pre. There's no phone great enough to get me back on AT&T's god-awful overpriced network.
    I kept my AT&T line open after switching to Sprint. We'll see how the iphone turns out. I might just get it to play with it. I do love the Pre despite this yellow circle on the bottom left of the screen.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshH37 View Post
    For the record I think it is supreme at least software wise but that is what people said about the BB Storm, "Give it 90 days it will be amazing", thing is still a piece of junk. The thing I wish to gain the most with time would be applications.
    I think the big difference is that BB took the BB OS and tried to make that work with a touch interface. With webOS we have a completely new OS designed from the ground up to provide a great touch, mobile, multitasking experience.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    No matter how good the iPhone is tomorrow, it won't have:

- Synergy
    - User Controlled Multitasking
    - Unobtrusive Notifications
    - External Keyboard that doesn't take up have the screen
    - Gestures

I've been using the iPhone for 2 years now - it's not bad but it is slow and buggy.

Just wait till you get a pop up SMS while browsing the web and the only way to view it is to quit the app, launch the sms, reply, quit the app, go back to browsing...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    Yes, rumors are better battery life, cheaper plans, 50% faster for the iPhone.

Cheaper plans and improved battery alone would be a huge uptick in sales I suspect...

Fact is, everyone is developing for the iphone (like the iPod). It has become the defacto standard for portable computing, BB are still the email corporate king, but you want to remote control your TV... yeah, there's probably an app for that
    I guess it depends on what you use it for. I don't use my phone to control my TV. The only reason I'm keeping away the iPhone is because of ATT. It's not the product (I own a Mac, and an ipod touch), its the network.

I will still give the Pre 3 weeks to see how it goes, but it has started quite well for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggi View Post
    As far as this moment is concerned I'm planning on keeping my Pre and upgrading my iPhone 3G to whatever new is announced tommorow so that I can have the BEST of both worlds. The ONLY thing that woud make return the Pre and stick with just the iPhone would be if the new iphone the following..

1). Complete Pre-like Multitasking (Not likely at all given Apple's stance on battery drainage)

2).Front Facing Camera for Video Chat (the inner gadget freak in me SCREAMS for something so cool, but AT&T's network would be absolutely raped under the almighty piping that such a feature would do to them)

3). 5 megapixel Camera with Autofocus and flash (early rumors and reports point to a 3.2 megapixel sensor in the new iphone, which is fine with me, but 5 megapixels would put it on par with my ex-girlfirends Behold which takes awesome pics)

4). Flash Support (again, geek dream, not gonna happen until probably next generation device.

5). Lower Plan Prices (Once again not gonna happen, I actually don't mind paying the extra $30 for data but I feel as if for that price some amount of texting be included. Having to pay an EXTRA $20 bucks for unlimited texting when Sprints everything data plans INCLUDE text and mms just makes sprint the better deal.

So of course none of those 4 things are liable to happen, however, What DOES seem to be in store (ram boost, storage boost, ect.) wold be enough for me to stay with AT&T and let upgrade to the new generation instead of splitting and porting my number over.

It All Goes down tommorow gadget lovers

Wow, high expectations? Why don't you add that Santa Claus has to personally delivery your iphone while steve jobs is holding the reins in the sled?

BTW, I really dont get this desire for video conferencing on a portable device. Real neat idea in theory, in practice has absolutely no appeal.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The moment I started typing on the keyboard was the moment that I said I'm not likely to be going to an iPhone anytime soon. Love having a physical keyboard again.
    Quote Originally Posted by qone View Post
    I guess it depends on what you use it for. I don't use my phone to control my TV. The only reason I'm keeping away the iPhone is because of ATT. It's not the product (I own a Mac, and an ipod touch), its the network.

I will still give the Pre 3 weeks to see how it goes, but it has started quite well for me.
    I should have been more clear. The point was not whether or not you want to control your TV, the point is that you CAN do so it has become so much the defacto standard for a portable computing device. Which is why likely will get either an iPhone or iTouch eventually..
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I tried AT&T once and my coverage experience was so bad that I broke contract to leave. Signal was horrendous for me. I'm very leery of trying it again now.

With the Pre now and my first time with Sprint, I'm not so sure I like the coverage with them either. I will give it close to the 30 days before bailing. Hopefully Palm will release some updates by then as well.

This phone has so much potential.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Have had an 3g since they came out with it (amongst other phones) will be selling now, very very happy with the pre.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast