Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    At&T sucks. The iphone sucks because it is on their network. Doesn't matter how great the phone is, it could be the perfect phone. But with constant dropped calls and unreliable 3g who cares about the iphone.
    That was my experience as well about a year ago.

I had heard that ATT has been working to massively improve their service. So,
    I started re-asking my iPhone friends how the service has been.

Thus far, they all said it's been great and no drop outs... one even said it was better than the old Verizon coverage (that I still can't believe).
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Buddy of mine still has these issues. I mean to be fair it could be regional, but in the Southeast. At&T sucks.
    If the iphone was on sprint I get a iphone.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Do the back gesture? The top layer wiggles.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Unless you're pushing down with an unnecessary amount of force, this should not happen. You should definitely get a replacement.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    I am if it's cool enough (ex: if rumors of front facing camera, instantly sharing files during phone call, faster, multitasking are true).

I love my Pre, but the build quality bothers me. It wiggles or gives too much. Do the back gesture? The top layer wiggles. Sometimes doing certainly moves on the screen do it too. It's enough to really annoy me.
    I've had no such issue (I can't even picture what you're describing in terms of "give"). I recommend exchanging.

Anyways, the iPhone is a non-option for me no matter what. Why? AT&T. Phone's no good if I can't use the network reliably in half my city. I've observed zero improvement from them. My first 2 days of freedom from AT&T have been fantastic to the point that I wonder why I waited for the Pre to make a switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post

I have no idea what you're talking about. Unless you're pushing down with an unnecessary amount of force, this should not happen. You should definitely get a replacement.
    Mine does too, only when the phone is in the closed position. When preforming back gesture does not wiggle but go the opposite way(swipe to the right) and it moves a bit. However when open the screen is solid as a rock(or should it be pebble? stone?)
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    We'll there were rumors that ATT will have different plans and a cheaper plan... we'll find out tomorrow.
    So they will attract even more people to their already steamrolled network infrastructure? No. Never again.

Why do these phone manufacturers agree to these stupid exclusivity contracts, anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadrap View Post
    At&T sucks. The iphone sucks because it is on their network. Doesn't matter how great the phone is, it could be the perfect phone. But with constant dropped calls and unreliable 3g who cares about the iphone.
    I guess I should be happy my Centro is 2G only on AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    But I have no intention of buying an iPhone. It's PIM apps are, in general, as weak as the Pre's. And I have no desire to switch to AT&T. Guess I'll keep using my Treo until Palm fixes the Pre, or something else comes along.
    A couple of the standard PIM apps are missing on the iPhone, Tasks and Memos. OTOH At least the Calendar and Address book can sync directly with a PC. The Pre provides no way to sync the Memo app and can only sync tasks via exchange.

Unlike you, I have no desire to switch from AT&T which removes any temptation to buy a Pre and live with its many limitations.
    I've never wanted an iPhone and am savagely unlikely to go back to AT&T, but without even knowing what Apple's announcing tomorrow, it's premature to ask if people plant to switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    I've never wanted an iPhone and am savagely unlikely to go back to AT&T, but without even knowing what Apple's announcing tomorrow, it's premature to ask if people plant to switch.
    Not really in light of the responses. People make plans with varying amount of information. Myself included.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am if it's cool enough (ex: if rumors of front facing camera, instantly sharing files during phone call, faster, multitasking are true).

I love my Pre, but the build quality bothers me. It wiggles or gives too much. Do the back gesture? The top layer wiggles. Sometimes doing certainly moves on the screen do it too. It's enough to really annoy me.
    If mine did what yours sounds like it's doing I would have it replaced. I have seen none of the issues that you describe and I've been messing with this for two straight days. If anything, the usb cover is easier to use than when I first used it.

Responding to the OP: No way man! I love this phone.
    I need applications. It's quite boring rite now, but when the applications come in, this phone will rock. Dont know bout the rest of you guys with issues but, my pre is pretty sturdy and the keyboard isnt as bad as all the other posts said. Even better, it's hard to get away from sprint when I needed them they were there, as in today, I was on the road and couldnt finish the french open at home, so i watched it live on my pre and I also watched the patriots game on nfl mobile on my treo while i was stuck somewhere else w/o a tv 2 years ago. Now hurry up w/ them applications!!!
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Its not impossible but Apple would have to show something amazing (like it was coming to Sprint or maybe a multicore processor). Otherwise the thing would have to be absolutely stupendeous to make me switch back to AT&T.
    I will buy the next gen ipod touch and keep my pre. The touch does everything the iphone does except take pictures and make calls_ so I will keep my pre, get a touch and have the best of both worlds. Iphone could never be my primary phone due to lack of keyboard. I also like that I can see what kind of apps come out for the pre and get those plus apps forr the touch. I'm also planning to get sprints mifi portable wifi device tomorrow, so i'll even be able to use my touch on the go. No reason at all to get an iphone.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Agreed 100%. I've had my Touch since day 1, and I certainly plan on keeping it around for all the killer iPhone apps and media player duties.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm constantly on the lookout for the better phone. However as of right now I think the Pre has more potential than the iPhone. Apple locks their system down too much. I like being able to customize my phone. ie wallpaper... The iphone's version is really a joke. Also being able to drag and drop ringtones at will. These are just some of the benefits of an open system.
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    I will definitely be paying attention tomorrow. I need $10 off a month from the current cheapest plan, and something that wows me. AT&T is no biggie for me...live in a area with population 6 million and Wifi basically everywhere I go...so video chat would be pretty cool.
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior View Post
    If the iphone was on sprint I get a iphone.
    I suppose the service depends where you live like every other carrier. I had AT&T for couple of years and cannot complain about their service. I have not yet ported my number yet waiting for tomorrow but if it's not what I expect I am sticking to the pre. Maybe I will switch back anyway and when the Pre is updated and I see apps rolling out I will switch back.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast