Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. Paterick's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
       #1  
    Just wondering if anyone has tried pairing the Pre with a vehicle equipped with Ford SYNC. I have a 2010 Fusion and hope that when I get a Pre it will work with my car.
    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Just tried it in a 2009 Fusion, all worked well.
  3. Paterick's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
       #3  
    Cool, thanks!
  4. #4  
    IIRC you'll be able to get the updated SYNC with the turn by turn nav through your phone, since the 2010 Ford models all have GPS recievers inside the vehicles. The Pre is a great phone to pair with SYNC.
  5. #5  
    Works well with the GM OnStar 8.0 Bluetooth system as well. The only thing.. it shows UNAVAILABLE on the car's display when making outgoing calls, but I can care less since it does show the correct Caller ID numbers for incoming calls. Also, you can answer on the handset instead of the BT just by pressing answer on the phone instead of the steering wheel (just like the iPhone).
  6. #6  
    i have a 08 fusion with sync, haven't tried it yet. i wonder if it will play pandora??? i'm also wondering if you plug it into the usb port in the center console (for the ipod and mp3 hookup) will it charge the phone??
  7. #7  
    I have a self installed HU, Pioneer AVIC F Series. This has the same Voice control software as Sync uses. I did not even have to buy a new Explorer to get it! ii

    Anyway it works great with it. All the contacts DL-ed into it and I had problems with my Treo 755p.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

    Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

    Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
  8. DDD
    DDD is offline
    DDD's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Paladin View Post
    I have a self installed HU, Pioneer AVIC F Series. This has the same Voice control software as Sync uses. I did not even have to buy a new Explorer to get it! ii

    Anyway it works great with it. All the contacts DL-ed into it and I had problems with my Treo 755p.
    +1. Works well with my F-90BT
    Also Known as 3_D
  9. Miner's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmare View Post
    Just tried it in a 2009 Fusion, all worked well.
    Can you expand on 'all worked well', please?

    I'll make it easy for yuh:
    Battery Strength Indicator?
    Audio Streaming ?
    Auto Phonebook Download ?
    Call History Download ?
    Ring Tone Transfer ?
    SMS/Text Messaging ?...
    -- Spoken Voice to Text Msg
    -- Received Txt MSg to Sync's Voice
    These seem to be the features that are least compatible across all phones that work with Sync.
  10. #10  
    I have an 08 MKX and mine fails to sync. I can use the phone to call through Bluetooth but I cannot download any contacts or music which makes the Sync system pretty much useless so far :-(
  11. #11  
    Works very well with my 2009 Fusion as well. No problems here. BT audio sounds crisp, the only thing is it doesn't support the text message feature. It didn't support text on my old BB Pearl either so I don't really care.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  12. Foxman2k's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    Works very well with my 2009 Fusion as well. No problems here. BT audio sounds crisp, the only thing is it doesn't support the text message feature. It didn't support text on my old BB Pearl either so I don't really care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    Can you expand on 'all worked well', please?

    I'll make it easy for yuh:
    Battery Strength Indicator?
    Audio Streaming ?
    Auto Phonebook Download ?
    Call History Download ?
    Ring Tone Transfer ?
    SMS/Text Messaging ?...
    -- Spoken Voice to Text Msg
    -- Received Txt MSg to Sync's Voice
    These seem to be the features that are least compatible across all phones that work with Sync.

    Audio Streaming - Yes, works great w/ Pandora, when an incoming call comes in, mutes pandora automatically and pauses it. Answer the call, talk, when you hang up Pandora resumes where it left off.

    Additionally, the steering wheel controls allow you to skip back and forth between songs! This does NOT work on my Ipod Touch connected via bluetooth.

    Autdo Phonebook Download - Yes

    Call History Download - Yes

    Ring Tone Transfer - I'm not sure what that does?

    Text Message - Not supported

    This is in a 2009 Mercury Milan w/ SYNC.

    It's a great system and the Pre works very well with it!
  13. Miner's Avatar
    Posts
    156 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxman2k View Post
    Ring Tone Transfer - I'm not sure what that does?
    FYI, the ring tones you use in your phone transfer/are played through Sync's speakers when a call comes in. If not enabled, you get the phone playing it's ringtone and Sync playing it's ringer.


    Quote Originally Posted by Foxman2k View Post
    Text Message - Not supported
    This is a very cool feature, that I have yet to see work, and I hope they get it going. They = Palm, not Ford.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    FYI, the ring tones you use in your phone transfer/are played through Sync's speakers when a call comes in. If not enabled, you get the phone playing it's ringtone and Sync playing it's ringer.



    This is a very cool feature, that I have yet to see work, and I hope they get it going. They = Palm, not Ford.
    Unless my phone ringer is louder than my phone, only my SYNC ringer rings when I get a call, I def want to transfer my ring tones though. The generic ring tones for SYNC are really annoying to me. lol
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
  15. #15  
    I have an 08 Explorer, the BT for the phone works great. Mine is sketchy about the contacts, sometimes they are there, sometimes they're not. I think I may need an update for Sync, I'll have to check that out. Pandora works great, SprintNav works great, haven't tried text messages but sounds like that doesn't work (from posts above).
  16. #16  
    I just got a 2010 Fusion tonight and am agog at the voice dialing after it inhaled my Pre's phone book. Can't wait to try Pandora and SprintNav.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    I just got a 2010 Fusion tonight and am agog at the voice dialing after it inhaled my Pre's phone book. Can't wait to try Pandora and SprintNav.
    Pandora, the music app, sprint nav, and all other apps with audio work great on the ford sync via BT. I am always using Pandora or the music app while driving. The sound is excellent. In addition, all your contacts, call history, etc are downloaded to you sync system. You can even use the voice activated feature in SYNC to dial numbers and make calls from a contact.

    I tried using the voice control feature in SYNC to switch songs from the music player like I used to do with the iPhone paired, but apparently, that was the only thing that did not work. Therefore, I have to change songs through the pre, but can pause and play via the NAV/SYNC system.

    Edit 11:06 AM 7/7/09 - I just noticed that you cannot change albums but you can switch songs using the keys on the steering wheel.
    Last edited by MikeYuse0406; 07/07/2009 at 10:07 AM.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeYuse0406 View Post
    Edit 11:06 AM 7/7/09 - I just noticed that you cannot change albums but you can switch songs using the keys on the steering wheel.
    I had the same problem with my MP3 player but it was fixed in Sync patch 1.3
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paterick View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has tried pairing the Pre with a vehicle equipped with Ford SYNC. I have a 2010 Fusion and hope that when I get a Pre it will work with my car.
    Thanks.
    Mine worked on my wife's new Ford Escape.
  20. santos's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #20  
    I use my Pre successfully with my 3 week old 2010 Fusion. I wish the thing would read my texts though.

    Once annoyance that I have noticed is that Sync tells me "Bluetooth Disconnected" after syncing my Pre successfully. At first I thought it was an issue with Sync, but a quick look at the Pre and its Bluetooth thinks it's still connected! This doesn't happen every time... maybe 2-3 times out of 5. A simple fix is to turn off Bluetooth on the Pre and turn it back on.

    Anyone else notice this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions