View Poll Results: Having used my Pre for at least a few days, I think...

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Palm made the right compromise in battery size vs device thickness

12 26.67%
  • Palm should have given us a bigger battery even if it adds 2-3mm thickness

22 48.89%
  • Palm should have copied Apple with a non-removable battery, giving 30% more battery

5 11.11%
  • Waaahhh... why can't I have the PERFECT battery... Waaahhhh!

6 13.33%
  1.    #1  
    Happens with every new smartphone device release... No one is ecstatic... some-many-most are content, the balance is unhappy-angry...

So go ahead and second guess Palm, which of the quite constrained choices that the Palm engineered undoubtedly faced would you have rather Palm went with?
    Once everyone starts using their Pre like they normally would once the newness wears off the battery will be just fine.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  3.    #3  
    I should have noted that there is *always* the option for Palm or 3rd parties, to offer extended batteries for the Pre, presumably with backs that make the device thicker... I'm certain this will happen... nevertheless...

(and of course this raises the possible problem that such backs may not work with the TouchStone)...
    Quote Originally Posted by neurocutie View Post
    I should have noted that there is *always* the option for Palm or 3rd parties, to offer extended batteries for the Pre, presumably with backs that make the device thicker... I'm certain this will happen... nevertheless...

(and of course this raises the possible problem that such backs may not work with the TouchStone)...
    From what I have read, Seidio is already working on this. Touchstone compatibility is unknown at the moment.
    Sounds like there's a market for a new Touchstone case and larger battery combo.
    I will be ecstatic with palm's choice...once I start getting the same performance as the best performers here. And I'm confident I'll get to that performance with some more help from Palm/Sprint, but until I get something fixed, I'll hold off on voting.