Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    By the battery and Signal indicators there is a 1x. What is this?

Thanks
    1x as in 1xrtt. Means you're not getting and EVDO signal.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  3.    #3  
    is there a way to fix this?
    chris call customer service and tell them your strength is extremely weak. They will offer you an airave for free and wave the monthly fee. Mine was shipped friday and should be here Tuesday. Hope this helps!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    chris call customer service and tell them your strength is extremely weak. They will offer you an airave for free and wave the monthly fee. Mine was shipped friday and should be here Tuesday. Hope this helps!
    Thanks! Will do!

Anyone else having this problem? I live in a metropolitan area so just wondering.
    I called and was about to get the airwave and the month fees waved until they saw that I had the 27% discount from being a chase employee. They said they cannot give the free airwave deal to "corporate customers". I am considering canceling my service. I literally have no bars in my home. I wonder if the rep was giving me a line of bull. It was supposedly a manager in the retention department.

The only thing that keeps me hanging on is that I plan on moving this summer to a "metro area". They said the problem was that I am too close to a towe, 1.5 miles. Anyone ever heard of that? I've heard of being too far but too close..
    Last edited by TechFirstAid; 06/07/2009 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    I called and was about to get the airwave and month fees waved until they saw that I had the 27% discount from being a chase employee. They said they cannot the free airwave to "corporate customers". I am considering canceling my service. I literally have no bars in my home. I wonder if the rep was giving me a line of bull. It was supposedly a manager in the retention department.
    Call again, you'll get somebody else. With Sprint, if you call enough times you can get just about anything done.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    I called and was about to get the airwave and month fees waved until they saw that I had the 27% discount from being a chase employee. They said they cannot the free airwave to "corporate customers". I am considering canceling my service. I literally have no bars in my home. I wonder if the rep was giving me a line of bull. It was supposedly a manager in the retention department.
    I am having the same probably too. No bars. My calls are going straight to voicemail because of the poor service. Text messages and emails are delayed.

I called customer service today and the rep didn't even mentioned Airave. She said that I could cancel within 30 days is the service did not improve. If I can get Airwave for free, I will return the phone and cancel the contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by purplecharm View Post
    I am having the same probably too. No bars. My calls are going straight to voicemail because of the poor service. Text messages and emails are delayed.

I called customer service today and the rep didn't even mentioned Airave. She said that I could cancel within 30 days is the service did not improve. If I can get Airwave for free, I will return the phone and cancel the contract.
    Airave will not help with Data services..... Only voice services

Wow... That's sad of that rep. Just force it upon them that you need it for service. Last thing sprint needs is the loss of a contract customer.
    Are you a current sprint customer or did you switch from another provider? If you are a Sprint customer (pre Pre), did you have good signal strength where you're getting the 1x now? I'd do a little more troubleshooting before flying off the deep end. And I know I get good signal strength when I'm on my sister's deck, but when I walk into the house I get next to nothing.

But that's overall strength. Where you're at it's just showing you don't have the signal for the higher speed EVDO. Are you getting this at home? Does it change when you walk outside? Do a *2 and talk to CS and see if you have EVDO coverage where you're at. Maybe the phone itself is to blame. You could have a lemon.

There could be lots of different reasons you're not getting an EVDO signal.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.

Just tell them u were told you were told about the airave promotion when you purchased the pre and you definitely want it and there you go!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Wow... That's sad of that rep. Just force it upon them that you need it for service. Last thing sprint needs is the loss of a contract customer.
    Yes Sprint should be trying their best to ensure there customers are happy at this point. This is do or die time for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Call again, you'll get somebody else. With Sprint, if you call enough times you can get just about anything done.
    Everything was all good until the final moments. The chic on the phone had to get her manager because they noticed I was a "corporate customer". She told me there was nothing she could do unless I removed the 27% discount (in person at a store). I got on the phone with her supervisor and told him that I was not going to buy this devices that is supposed to make my service better because that is what I was paying $129/month for, otherwise I would go with att/verizon (which is great in my area). He told me with my account having the corporate discount that the computer would not let him give it to me for free. He said my options were to buy it for $99 + $5/month service fee or return the phone and to end my contract (I was out of contract when I bought the pre).

Do you think he was bluffing? I figured the $35/month savings I get from the "corporate discount" is better than a free airwave.
    Sprint is overnighting my Airave and waving all costs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Sprint is overnighting my Airave and waving all costs.
    Can they wave the location requirements? The website says airave is not avaliable in my area.
    She did ask me what my zip code was and then said that since it was available that I could have it free of charge. I do not think you can get it if they don't support it in your area... sadly. Sorry.

However, I would try calling CS and make sure that is accurate information as well.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I'd love to have an Airave where I work (I'm the IT Guy, so I can get it on the public Internet .. no biggy there). Problem is, it has to get a GPS lock. Where I need it the most, there is NO GPS coverage (there's no cell, mostly, either). So it wouldn't lock and thus wouldn't work anyhow... :/ *lame* !!
    FYI, I decided to call back today and without getting retentions I was told I was eligible for a free Air wave and 12months of service for free as well. Darth pooh, did they say you are getting 12 months free? You might want to see, I thought I read someone said they got it waved for a lifetime, if so.. I might need to call back
    What's Airave? Is it some kind of a signal booster?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast