Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Ok just got a reply from Sprint. All of that about the Spending limit is true. The way the math breaks down is just weird is all because their computer doesn't adjust the account until the next bill cycle. They said that even though it still shows me owing a balance for this month, on the due date I don't have to pay anything and the $105.99 will be credited toward it automatically. They said to save the email reply though just in case it messes up and charges a late fee or something, and to reply directly to the email.

As far as getting one for free along with lifetime free service, it can definitely be done. If they give it to you for free forever depends on why they think you're asking for it. You have to play the cancellation game. I had written them an email just simply telling them I couldn't do another 2 years of not being able to make calls from home, and asked them details about what I needed to do to cancel my contract and return my phone to Best Buy. Retentions called me up, and the lady called herself retentions so it still exists, and I played dumb like I didn't know that anything like the airave existed. If you flat out ask for it you might get lucky, but they'll be suspicious that you're bluffing, and won't make the deal as sweet. If you aren't bluffing and actually start the cancellation process with them, they'll usually say something like "You know what hold on a minute and let me check with my supervisor to see if there is something he can do for you". The nicer you are the nicer they will be to you, so don't play the angry customer game.

If you already got stuck with only the 1 year of free Airave service, at the end of the year call them back up and complain saying you thought it was always free. Just tell them you're trying to be a good customer, but if you don't get the airave service free that you won't use it, and will always be using the stronger roaming signal, costing Sprint more money than they bring in from you. Chances are they'll continue the service for free. IF they don't, you can get out of your contract and cancel with out getting an ETF because of lack of service.
    Just got of the phone with Sprint. My Airave's on the way. My signal had been doing the Cha cha up and down the bars whenever. In my home I go from EV on to EV off to no EV at all to 1x and from all bars to 1 bar WHENEVER and WHERE EVER. Boy, was I sick of this. Prior to the Pre, I had the 755p and during the last 2 months with that phone, calls would drop back to back.

I had received to OTA PLR upgrades, which had limited effect. I hope this works. I spent too much money on 1) a new 2 yr. contract, 2) a new phone, and 3) new toys related to the phone.

Sprint is crediting the $99 cost of the unit, the $18.0 upgrade fee for the unit, and the monthly service charge. The rep. warned me about the email that might arrive stating that I'm being charged, but he is emailing me our agreements. He was very nice, but the whole task lasted about 1.5 to 2 hrs.

I also made sure I wasn't charged the 18.00 upgrade fee from the Best Buy transaction. I should see a credit for that on my next bill, as well.

Thanks everyone.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Quote Originally Posted by christopheralake View Post
    By the battery and Signal indicators there is a 1x. What is this?

Thanks
    Great question!
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Spent a few miserable hours on the phone with sprint and finally got handed to retentions. The key thing is to gripe about updating your plan for a Pre and expecting it to work. Free Airave, 24 months service.
    Guys, Ive been trying to tell u all that I have the Airave & it doesnt help with the jumping signal issues. Its something screwy going on with the phone itself & it doesnt seem to care how good your coverage is.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Guys, Ive been trying to tell u all that I have the Airave & it doesnt help with the jumping signal issues. Its something screwy going on with the phone itself & it doesnt seem to care how good your coverage is.
    Not all of us have an issue with that, some, like me, just have bad service at home. I always have with Sprint. Not all of the Pres have signal issues.
    My friend had the same problem with the Sprint Touch when it came out. Signal was jumping all over the place and killing the battery.

He went through several phones. Not sure what finally fixed it.

My Pre is doing this too.
    Quote Originally Posted by wessock View Post
    Not all of us have an issue with that, some, like me, just have bad service at home. I always have with Sprint. Not all of the Pres have signal issues.
    Yeah, but heres the thing. I too have bad Sprint coverage at my house (which the Airave DOES help with), but the issue is you're mistaking your bad Sprint coverage with the signal jumpiness the Pre is doing.

Trust me, the signal on your Pre will still jump around once you have the Airave. Not as much obviously since you will improve your coverage, but the jumps remain. Even if youre sitting right next to the Airave.

This is something Palm needs to fix, not Sprint. Again, the Pre doesnt seem to care how good your coverage is.
    what dept did you all talk to? Tried tech support and they said 99$.
    Last edited by PeterGibbons; 06/09/2009 at 12:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Yeah, but heres the thing. I too have bad Sprint coverage at my house (which the Airave DOES help with), but the issue is you're mistaking your bad Sprint coverage with the signal jumpiness the Pre is doing.

Trust me, the signal on your Pre will still jump around once you have the Airave. Not as much obviously since you will improve your coverage, but the jumps remain. Even if youre sitting right next to the Airave.

This is something Palm needs to fix, not Sprint. Again, the Pre doesnt seem to care how good your coverage is.
    But I'm not mistaking anything. My Pre is lucky enough to not be a jumpy signal Pre, never said mine was. It behaves everywhere else. It sucks that yours doesn't seem to work right, but mine does. Again, people like me are what the Airave is meant for. If you have a faulty jumpy signal Pre, or any faulty phone, nothing will help except a new Pre or fix of some kind.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGibbons View Post
    what dept did you all talk to? Tried tech support and they said 99$.
    Call Sprint and go through the menu choosing all the options saying you want to cancel. That will get you through to retentions, who are the only ones who will give you the Airave. I'd play dumb and say you've complained about the problem, but all they did was offer to charge you more for what you're paying for already, and say you need to cancel because what you pay now is all your budget can allow.
    Got my FREE airwave and FREE service. On the website when I put my zip in, it did say airwave wasn't available in my area... but they are sending me one, so it must be... VERY pleased with how Sprint handled me on the phone and everything. Even gave me a $50 credit... I think it is something to do with renewing my contract, but I'm not really clear on why I got it...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have also been very disappointed with the degraded service with my new Pre compared to my Treo 755p. I called Sprint and told them their service was so consistently good with my Treo I was considering dropping my landline and now I couldn't do that because the Pre gave me spotty coverage. As a result, Sprint is sending me an Airave for free and not also charging me a monthly service fee. They said I can configure it for any number of users. I can also opt to pay $10 a month if I decide to drop my landline and have all calls routed through the Airave. (Not sure what that means yet.)

As a longtime Palm and Sprint loyalist, I am pleased with the phone and Sprint's customer service. However, I am surprised that Palm -- the leaders in personal info management -- did not devise a more elegant data migration system. I am unhappy with the imperfections with Google calendar, the thousands of unimportant contacts that were drawn from all my email accounts, and the lack of memo and task transfer. I know these same concerns were voiced in the multitude of forum threads (and I have found some great advice, suggestions and tips!) so I'll save my more detailed thoughts on this for more relevant conversations.

Robyn
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123