Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    CS told me airave would help the data connection too.
    Thats not correct. The Airave does do data just in 1x and not in EV.

Quote Originally Posted by AZwldcats View Post
    Airave will not help with Data services..... Only voice services
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    So Airave might "give me more bars" and less dropped calls but won't help going from 1x to Ev? What's the point of requiring a data plan if 3g network isn't available in the areas in which Sprint's own map claims it's strong? I'm so confused.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Sprint is overnighting my Airave and waving all costs.
    Ugh! I bought mine from a local store, $100 + $5/month. I was all excited because I'm currently paying $54/month for a landline and only plugging the landline in when the cell strength is too dead to use. I'm now saving $50/month, so I'm still happy, but not as happy as I could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    What's Airave? Is it some kind of a signal booster?
    Its called a femtocell and it uses the cable\dsl connection in your house.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    So for anybody else who has gotten one given to them for free, how exactly did it work as far as the "free" part. I called up and the lady was very nice and offered it and the service for free. She said that I just had to give her a credit card but that the charge would be credited right back along with a $5/month credit for the service. Well my card was charged but the money hasn't been put back yet. On the Sprint website when I check my account, there is a $105.99 charge and then a $105.99 credit, so they cancel each other out, but my card was still charged so I'm still out the price of the Airave. It's also still showing my monthly balance as due so it wasn't applied towards my regular service fees. So is this how it was done for others and the full process hasn't finished yet? Because I'll be pretty pissed if I have to call them up again and sort this out.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    If this only helps for 1x data, what happens if my phone shows it is in EVDO but there are no bars? Sometimes emails don't push to my phone because of the poor signal but it stays in EVDO mode...
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Preman, thanks for the info. I just called a little bit ago and got them to send me one for free with no monthly charge as well. The guy said that the waiver for the monthly fee would keep on going on until I decided to cancel my account. So thank you very much sir for this info. Oh and I was not charged anything up front like the other person did in this thread. I would make sure to give them a call if it remains on your account in the next couple of days.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Machjuan View Post
    Preman, thanks for the info. I just called a little bit ago and got them to send me one for free with no monthly charge as well. The guy said that the waiver for the monthly fee would keep on going on until I decided to cancel my account. So thank you very much sir for this info. Oh and I was not charged anything up front like the other person did in this thread. I would make sure to give them a call if it remains on your account in the next couple of days.
    Did you have to ask for it for free or they just offered it?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Pdawg, All you have to do is play it dumb. All I said was "I have been very poor phone reception in my house since I have been with Sprint, but this was never the case with your choice of rival carrier here, but a friend who was having the same problem recently told me that he or she was offered something called an airave or airwave(play it dumb) to better improve his or her signal for free with no monthly cost. And there you have it, a free Airave.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    If they offer the unit to you just remember to say "oh but I heard there is a monthly charge for it" and then they will offer to waive it off. Its pretty simple just say that your home is the only place where you have had very poor reception.
    Are you guys sure you are getting the fees waved for the life of your contract? I wish that the case but am a skeptic. I was told they can only do 12 months, should I call back or wait a while?
  13. enjoyingsilence
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    chris call customer service and tell them your strength is extremely weak. They will offer you an airave for free and wave the monthly fee. Mine was shipped friday and should be here Tuesday. Hope this helps!
    Just an addendum to this: In my case, and likely others, if you have a 150$ spending limit, account services/rententions cannot bill the device to the account and do an instant credit. You will have to give them a credit card number to order the device, then see the 99.99 + shipping credit on your bill.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    If thats the case I'll cancel it after the year is over.
    I'll cancel it as well, I just can't imagine them giving it to anyone for life. I would call but I don't want to push my luck. In the past two days I got an airwave + free fees, -$65 as well as the "pick 3" for both my lines. Stack that with the two $70 credits and the $100 rebate I have coming and my 27% monthly discount (google it) and I think anything more might be asking too much (who knows times are tough, didn't someone say something about a $100 credit for resigning their 2 year 2 days after signing up with their pre.. lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    If this only helps for 1x data, what happens if my phone shows it is in EVDO but there are no bars? Sometimes emails don't push to my phone because of the poor signal but it stays in EVDO mode...
    My understanding is that it will continue to try to use the EVDO no matter how weak the signal if it is still detecting an EVDO signal. However, I thought I read about a way to turn off 3G/EVDO and force 1xRTT, which would definitely go through the AIRAVE.
    If you're close enough for the signal from AIRAVE, then I'd think you're close enough for wifi... you do have wifi don't you?

And from the looks of the icons on the pre, when it gets wifi it drops the EV signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    If you're close enough for the signal from AIRAVE, then I'd think you're close enough for wifi... you do have wifi don't you?

And from the looks of the icons on the pre, when it gets wifi it drops the EV signal.
    Yeah, but the problem is the Pre very stupidly turns off WiFi & uses Sprints data network (nomatter what) everytime it sleeps.
    I called last night and complained about the poor service and was offered Airave. I have a $150 spending limit, so as enjoyingsilence stated, they can not bill you account if you have a spending limit. I have to pay for it with a credit card and then have the charge credited to my Sprint account.
    If you activate WiFi, which I too believe it deactivates EVDO then what is the comparison for battery drain. I.e., is WiFi more batter intensive than a trying to connect to EVDO and getting 1x or roaming ? I too have a very bad signal in my house which is very frustrating.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast