Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    First off, let me just start by saying that I love my Palm Pre. It really has made me feel proud to be Sprint Customer for the first time. I am not noticing all the bugs and glitches everyone else is, but maybe I'm just lucky. However, I admit that I have gone through many phones in the past and there are a few features that I would love to see added. It's by no means a deal breaker, but would still be nice.

Once again, this is meant to be for additional features, not bugs or things you hate. Love only

1. Favorite Contacts - Like on the iPhone and Instinct. I have a group of 5-6 people that I call above all else and I like having a option from the phone screen to pull them up.

2. Touch-Screen QWERTY keyboard - I really don't care that much about this, but I just want everyone else to shut up about it. Especially all the iPhone users.

3. The option to put quick launch icons on the main screen - Once again, an option for those of us who have more than 5 things they use consistently.

4. Bookmark Picture editing - When I set a bookmark, it only uses a snapshot of top right hand corner of the screen. I want to be able to load my own or save a picture from the site.

5. Settings - I know that each part of the phone has it's own settings option, but I would like to see one overall settings like in Blackberry

6. Video Recording - self explanatory.

7. Auto-Correct Spell Checker - the iPhone really did great with texting

That's all I can really think of for right now, but I reserve the right to add more as I think of them.

On a side note, I would love to see these Applications show up:

1. X-Box Live - Sync your account to monitor friends and message
    2. Big Fish Games - They made all the games I played on the iPhone
    3. Card Games - Texas Hold 'Em, Euchre, Blackjack, Double Deck Pinnocle
    4. Gamecasts - ESPN does a good job with this, but could be better

Once again, these are all bonuses. Even without them, still my favorite phone.

btw, anyone know when the slingplayer is coming?

-->>Mod Edit<<--

While Palm and/or it's representatives do browse the P|C forum at times, don't forget to hit Palm up directly with your feature requests:

http://www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/10/2010 at 02:56 PM.
    Having the little button on bottom light up when missed call or text would be nice too...and increase speaker volume!
    Ability to keep alarm set on for sound and motions (swiping, etc) off!

In terms of apps, would love to see some that may help in the medical field...
    I like the idea of the button lighting up to alert the user of a new message received.

I'd love to see a good RSS reader. The BlackBerry has Viigo and it's a killer app.
    Verizon
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    i would like to see magicall or some call filtering n sms filtering program
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbord1 View Post
    Having the little button on bottom light up when missed call or text would be nice too...and increase speaker volume!
    Solid suggestion. Wish I thought of it.
    pretty much all the apps the iphone has!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    how bout a craigslist app
    Great list Virgil. I'd also like to see the following:

1. Voice dialing... I used this a lot on my Samsung M610.
    2. Food facts app... look up nutritional info for the meal of your choice.
    3. More games... black jack, poker, solitare, etc.
    4. Shazam... this is such a cool app for the iPhone. Let me identify a song and buy it from Amazon MP3 store.
    5. Listen to voicemail in any order... not necessarily the order they were received.
    1. Favorite Contacts - Like on the iPhone and Instinct. I have a group of 5-6 people that I call above all else and I like having a option from the phone screen to pull them up.
    go to the contact you'd like to have as a "favorite", the on the drop down contact menu there is an option to "add to launcher". after it's added to your launcher, you can just drag them to the exact spot you'd like them to be :-)

also, i was really excited to see facebook so integrated into the phone, but was really disappointed that there was no actual facebook app. the facebook app that i had on my centro wasn't wonderful, but it was much better than the mobile facebook site. i'd love to see a facebook app more comparable to the iphone facebook app.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    - Warp Speed Scroll. A keyboard shortcut along with scroll that allows you to scroll to the top or bottom of a card with one swipe. This would be most useful in a web page where you want to get to the top or bottom of the card quickly.

- customizable center button. I'd like to click on the home button to slide up the launcher since I use the flick up gesture to get into card view as it is..

- deeper cut/copy/paste and UNDO

- local search to work when you go into an application. For example, when you go into email, you should be able to type on the keyboard to be able to search within the content of emails...

- Request facebook friend within contact app. This way if you meet somebody on the street, you can quickly request a facebook friendship with them within contact and get all their info with just a simple request (once approved..)

- Facebook mail within mail program and facebook chat within chat

- todo sync with google todo. Sync notes with google notes?

that's all I can think of for now!
    Voice dialing & Shazam definitely!

Funny, but I thought since it's a SLIDER phone we could at least have the option to slide up to answer and slide down to end a call...

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAALM! LOL
    I am pretty sure Viigo will be on the Pre, that is my RSS of choice for sure! Is it on the iPhone by chance?

I used it daily on the BB and it will suck not having it for the time being
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Voice dialing & Shazam definitely!

Funny, but I thought since it's a SLIDER phone we could at least have the option to slide up to answer and slide down to end a call...

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAALM! LOL
    I disagree.. I might want to slide up without hanging up the phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by mbord1 View Post
    Having the little button on bottom light up when missed call or text would be nice too
    THIS! SO IMPORTANT!!!!! my #1 request.

Improved Twitter app w/ on screen notifications
    Myspace app w/ on screen notifications
    Facebook app w/ on screen notifications

Like someone said before- ability to load more than the 5 apps to the home screen

a weather app that pushes content to the apps icon with current conditions, like the ones available for Blackberry

If it had these things I would be LOOOOOOVE the phone even more
    I'm a Pre gal now
    My first post! Here are a few new or improved features I'd like to see:

Louder ringer volume
    Visual voicemail
    Cut-and-paste of non-editable text
    Speed dial screen
    Ability to filter contacts, memos and tasks by category
    Video recording
    Ability to upload to Flickr from photos app
    Ability to zoom in Camera app
    I'd love to set a GPS location to turn on Wifi in. Like only turn on Wifi when I'm within 50 feet of my apartment would be perfect. And then have it automatically turn off if none of your saved hotspots are detected in 30 seconds. This way if you're connecting to a new hotspot you can easily set it up and save it, but otherwise it would turn it off when you don't need it.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cathartic8881 View Post

Like someone said before- ability to load more than the 5 apps to the home screen
    I don't think I like this idea since anything you had there would be covered up any time you had even a single app opened.
    I'd like to see the clock / lock screen that gets displayed when the Pre is on the Touchstone to have a landscape view.
    Customization. The ability to customize the Pre is seriously lacking.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast