Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Google Voice dialer and way to text via Google voice (being done with BB windows and Iphone)

Call blocker (no caller id etc)

Did anyone mention voice dialing?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This will be my 2nd post here. New to this specific forum but so far, liking it.

I searched for concerns with notifications, and though there were quite a few, I didn't find one that quite matched mine.

My biggest gripe with notifications is their "relevance", I guess you'd call it.

Say you're texting and the conversation is in focus. Not only do you see the text in the on-screen thread, but the notification (speech bubble) remains queued in the dashboard at the bottom with the latest message. My preferred functionality would be that the alert clears automatically upon your reply to the text message. You obviously read the message, because you replied to it -- therefore, the alert is no longer necessary. The only other way I see to clear the alert is to go to the messaging home screen, or maximize the alert and slide off screen.

Along these same lines, if you are an Exchange user at your desk, you receive an alert on your phone and at your desk for a new mail item -- this is fine and expected. If you read the message at your desk in Outlook, the read status gets synced with the Pre, however, the alert remains queued. You could let the emails pile up all day and slide them off screen later, or, if you're like me, you end up clearing the alerts one-by-one as they appear on the Pre.

It's basically like, "Oh hey I have a new email. Oh wait, no I don't, I already read that..."

If anyone has any suggestions, or something I'm missing, awesome. But I'm thinking this is just going to be a minor annoyance/adjustment for me coming from WinMo 6.1.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    Google Voice dialer and way to text via Google voice (being done with BB windows and Iphone)

Call blocker (no caller id etc)

Did anyone mention voice dialing?
    And the ability to block txts or mms. On my old alias I could decide whether to download mms.. if I was low I battery, I would choose not to and it was a lifesaver. It would be a great feature on the Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by 2roadsdiverge View Post
    Just got my Pre, and this is my first post. I love it, but here are my thoughts:

Character count when texting - Sometimes I like to Twitter straight from the SMS app rather than opening Tweed. It is nice to know when I am approaching the 140 character limit -- or even just when I am texting my friends to see when I am typing too much! my Treo had this and I loved it.
    More privacy features - the ability to set certain documents, contacts, or photos as private. I hate when someone borrows my phone (or I am showing off the multimedia stuff) and I worry about what people are going to click on.
    More security features - password saver app (I used "Secret!" on my Treo), ability to set a password to open certain apps
    Yahoo IM
    Better audio and video playback options - I know this isn't an iPod, but I need to be able to scroll forward or back within an audio or video file rather than just hold down the skip forward/back. There is no indication of how far through the playback I am at any point unless I go to the Playlist view.
    Separate volume for different functions - When I have the phone ringer set properly, the clock alarm needs to be louder (to wake me up), calendar/task alarm needs to be quieter (just to alert me to an event), same for incoming text/e-mail alert.
    These are great ideas and im sure a password APP that lets you protect contacts, Files, photos ect would be very popular.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Call Blocker....
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    How about a visual indication of charge level?

For example, my old HTC win mobile phone would offer a green led when fully charged - even with power off.

No need to keep your phone "cooking" on the charger, or losing energy to a phantom draw after fully charged - you would know by glancing at it.
    Please add a Landscape/Potrait toggle switch. Sometimes, if you're lying in bed reading a website, you have to hold the phone at a certain angle to prevent it flipping to potrait, and it's sensitive enough that it does so often.

It would be great if the toggle allowed you to force either mode, so you can hold the device as you want in a natural position that you are comfortable - without having to worry it will "flip" back.
    Muting the phone when you receive a SMS or email notification by hitting voume buttons or top right button. Would be great and a life saver when on-call with work. Tired of having to flip back and forth from vibrate to ring.
    Id like to be able to play farmtown on my pre but it does not support adobe flash player in browser but new 10.1 will and is coming end of year.
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
    There's already a patch which provides "haptic" feedback for the phone dial-pad.

That said, I'd like something which did the same for ALL screen taps, everywhere.
    More sound effects!

Currently, the only sound is the "woosh" of throwing a card away. I'd like to hear sounds for launching apps, pressing buttons within apps, flicking through apps, etc. Also, each of these should be individually configurable - if not the actual sound itself, at least the option to turn separate effects on/off.
    If there is a way (or an app) to already do this forgive me, but I'd like to have the webpages in the browser app be in list form. It's such a waste of space the way it is by default.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    Shazam would be great!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    isilo!!!!!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    flash!!!!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    videocam!!!!!!!!

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    ability to default messaging to text (or aim or whatver) since most of the time I open someones contact and click SMS, im expecting it to send an SMS, not an IM just because the last thing I happened to be doing with that person was IM

ability to set sounds. There is a great plugin that lets you set sounds for text alerts, but, like the issue above, it quick carries over into all messaging. have a speific alert that says to you 'you are getting a test!'? well, enjoy hearing it 80 thousand times during an IM conversatons.

more settings for the messenger service in general
    Ok, seriously, a phone of this complexity not having an audio recorder? I'm really disgusted with a number of things thiis phone doesn't do. Keep in mind I do like the phone alot but, to not have a voice memo recorder is ridiculous. I came from the palm centro which had about everything I needed and would've have stayed on it if I didn't need to change my service provider and wasn't swayed by the beauty and touchscreen of the pre...
    For the guys in germany, who have 100 min. free / month and a 200 MB package / month it would be great having an app. which shows the used data-transfer and used call-minutes - like a counter.
    There should be a reset button to reset the counter on the first of the month, and there should be a choose between 1/1, 60/1 or 60/60.

Please please please hurry

(My old nokia phone was able to count all those information, why not the plam?? )
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    How about a login credentials/password manager and form filler like Roboform for filling in login pages on web sites...would be a real timesaver, I'm getting sick of typing in my email address and password. Not talking about AutoCorrect or snippets...this would be a real form filler that would use the Pre's database and be resident without having to call it up. I would definitely pay $10 for that...I paid $30 for Roboform for IE!