Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Some may have been mentioned already but
    1. Cut and past and undo - make it far more widely available to more apps - MUST HAVE
    2. Rotate all applications when you rotate the device - MUST HAVE
    3. Video recording - MUST HAVE
    4. RSS - MUST HAVE
    5. Basic locally installed utilities (some of these may be on the phone)- time, weights and measure conversions
    6. Ability to scroll to top or bottom of page with one action - Nice to have
    7. Include Alphabet strip on the side of the screen to allow selection of a letter when scrolling through lists - Nice to have
    8. Tethering - Nice to have
    9. Remote wipe and PIN for Exchange Active Sync - MUST HAVE for enterprises
    10 Improve Search so it searches local content such as emails etc
    11 Much better spell checking/word suggestions - I hear this is quite weak
    12 Virtual keyboard - Helps when in landscape mode
    13 Dial, sms, email from call history screen - Nice to have
    14 Adobe Flash support Must have
    15 Close phone to hang up - Nice to have
    16 Today screen displaying configurable content - MUST HAVE
    As I sleep during the day, but use my Pre as an alarm clock, I would really like to be able to have seperate volume levels for all of the different alerts. I have to keep the volume turned all the way up so the alarm will wake me and by only having a "master volume" level, allows callers to interupt my precious nappy time.

I would also like the ability to set which alerts vibrate.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooncricket View Post
    As I sleep during the day, but use my Pre as an alarm clock, I would really like to be able to have seperate volume levels for all of the different alerts. I have to keep the volume turned all the way up so the alarm will wake me and by only having a "master volume" level, allows callers to interupt my precious nappy time.

I would also like the ability to set which alerts vibrate.
    Yes, we need MUCH more customization options for sounds and alerts. Absolutely.
    Amen...
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'd like a password keeper that stores all of the various user/password info. Had this on the blackberry. Maybe it'll be an app someday. Battery life is disappointing and lack of indicator for missed calls, text, emails. And last but not least ability to customize sounds for each of those mentioned above.
    Quote Originally Posted by crizo View Post
    I'd like a password keeper that stores all of the various user/password info. Had this on the blackberry. Maybe it'll be an app someday.
    As soon as SplashID is (re-)released, you'll have that taken care of.
    I'd like to see a money management app, for like bank accounts and credit cards.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Any way to get this Stickied?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donald.aleshire View Post
    I am pretty sure Viigo will be on the Pre, that is my RSS of choice for sure! Is it on the iPhone by chance?

I used it daily on the BB and it will suck not having it for the time being
    we're waiting on the SDK to be released ... as soon as that happens we will be looking into developing a Pre app ...

iPhone app coming soon
    Director, Web Services
    Viigo Inc.
    I would really like Visual Voicemail as well as the ability to access Myspace and play any of the games/apps from there. I need my Mafia Wars 24/7.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Just features

Make universal search truly universal (email, messaging, music, video...)
    - create setting to choose what does/doesn't search
    Turn it into basic phone mode (call/sms) - add to wifi/bluetooth/airplane menu
    Turn GPS on/off - add to wifi/bluetooth/airplane menu
    Groups within Synergy accounts (gMail, facebook...) to limit contacts brought in
    Forward SMS
    Multiple recipient SMS message
    Home screen widgets - weather/#open tasks/.../...
    Use gesture area lights as indicators (missed call/sms/voicemail/email)
    Video-recording
    Sync memos, tasks, pictures, video with web services
    Facebook chat into messaging
    Link Google Maps to Navigation software (search using Google maps, directions to Sprint Navigation
    Customizable (tagged) groups within the launcher
    - tag apps with group names (media, PIM, social, mapping)
    - those tags can be made as launcher pages and pulled up by using universal search
    Customizable (tagged) groups for contacts, memos, tasks
    More pages within the launcher
    Combine all settings apps into one big settings app
    Tethering, I doubt that will be a feature unless they figure out a rock solid way to charge for using it.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vkewalra View Post
    Just features

Make universal search truly universal (email, messaging, music, video...)
    - create setting to choose what does/doesn't search
    Turn it into basic phone mode (call/sms) - add to wifi/bluetooth/airplane menu
    Turn GPS on/off - add to wifi/bluetooth/airplane menu
    Groups within Synergy accounts (gMail, facebook...) to limit contacts brought in
    Forward SMS
    Multiple recipient SMS message
    Home screen widgets - weather/#open tasks/.../...
    Use gesture area lights as indicators (missed call/sms/voicemail/email)
    Video-recording
    Sync memos, tasks, pictures, video with web services
    Facebook chat into messaging
    Link Google Maps to Navigation software (search using Google maps, directions to Sprint Navigation
    Customizable (tagged) groups within the launcher
    - tag apps with group names (media, PIM, social, mapping)
    - those tags can be made as launcher pages and pulled up by using universal search
    Customizable (tagged) groups for contacts, memos, tasks
    More pages within the launcher
    Combine all settings apps into one big settings app
    Tethering, I doubt that will be a feature unless they figure out a rock solid way to charge for using it.
    I like those ideas a lot.

Also, what is this SDK that everyone keeps referring to?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Streaming media player like Kinoma Play for podcasts and internet radio.
    Videocam recorder app
    Bar code reader app for comparison shopping
    Palm III --> PalmVx + Omnisky --> Samsung i730 --> Treo 650 --> Samsung i760 --> AT&T Tilt --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadnassri View Post
    we're waiting on the SDK to be released ... as soon as that happens we will be looking into developing a Pre app ...

iPhone app coming soon
    VERY good news. Love Viigo on my BlackBerry. This is one of the most useful RSS, organizer, info, everything apps anyone could ever use.
    I'd like to see a sound recorder. Sometimes there are random sounds that would just be cool to point at someone and play, or have as ringtones or sound effects. And sometimes there's a meeting or event I want to get a live recording of, not concerts by the way...
    Developer must watch videos by Douglas Crockford of Yahoo:
    The JavaScript Programming Language part 1/4
    Theory of the DOM 1/3
    Advanced JavaScript 1/3
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Lookup contacts in the corporate directory with EAS
    This could be a real issue for me as loading all 13,000 emplyees into the local phone contacts database is never going to work (updates etc).

I am really quite dismayed by the minimal implementation of EAS. I understand that this is a version 1 and things need top to be improved but as Palm advertises EAS support as a key benefit (on their main web page) and have a whole sections in the "Palm for Business" link from the main page I am assuming the EAS features are being added as a priority

Pre EAS integration is missing
    Lookup users in corporate directory
    Add local contacts to a meeting invite
    Support for remote wipe and PIN policies
    Send a meeting invite from a calendar appointment created on the phone
    Mark appointments as private
    Mark contacts as private and support multiple types
    Forward meeting requests
    Just got my Pre, and this is my first post. I love it, but here are my thoughts:

Character count when texting - Sometimes I like to Twitter straight from the SMS app rather than opening Tweed. It is nice to know when I am approaching the 140 character limit -- or even just when I am texting my friends to see when I am typing too much! my Treo had this and I loved it.
    More privacy features - the ability to set certain documents, contacts, or photos as private. I hate when someone borrows my phone (or I am showing off the multimedia stuff) and I worry about what people are going to click on.
    More security features - password saver app (I used "Secret!" on my Treo), ability to set a password to open certain apps
    Yahoo IM
    Better audio and video playback options - I know this isn't an iPod, but I need to be able to scroll forward or back within an audio or video file rather than just hold down the skip forward/back. There is no indication of how far through the playback I am at any point unless I go to the Playlist view.
    Separate volume for different functions - When I have the phone ringer set properly, the clock alarm needs to be louder (to wake me up), calendar/task alarm needs to be quieter (just to alert me to an event), same for incoming text/e-mail alert.
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents before I forget. I'm really loving this Pre and I switched from an iPhone because I was disgusted by the Death Star and their nonsense:

1- Turn off the screen when charging on Touchstone
    2- ability to forward text messages
    3- Yahoo/MSN integration for Synergy and chat
    4- fix issue with notifications are not heard when emails/texts come through (very random)
    4a- notifications via audio/video when phone screen is off (think sleep indicator on MacBooks)
    5- the ability to use selective synergy sync (with FB)
    6- tasks sync to google (dependent on google task API)

Throw this, a native FB app, PDAnet, SlingPlayer, RSS reader, Slacker Radio, a package tracker app, and Fring and I'm happy as a pig in mud! Out goes the iPod Touch
    Quote Originally Posted by 2roadsdiverge View Post
    just got my pre, and this is my first post. I love it, but here are my thoughts:

character count when texting - sometimes i like to twitter straight from the sms app rather than opening tweed. It is nice to know when i am approaching the 140 character limit -- or even just when i am texting my friends to see when i am typing too much! My treo had this and i loved it.
    more privacy features - the ability to set certain documents, contacts, or photos as private. I hate when someone borrows my phone (or i am showing off the multimedia stuff) and i worry about what people are going to click on.
    more security features - password saver app (i used "secret!" on my treo), ability to set a password to open certain apps
    yahoo im
    better audio and video playback options - i know this isn't an ipod, but i need to be able to scroll forward or back within an audio or video file rather than just hold down the skip forward/back. There is no indication of how far through the playback i am at any point unless i go to the playlist view.
    separate volume for different functions - when i have the phone ringer set properly, the clock alarm needs to be louder (to wake me up), calendar/task alarm needs to be quieter (just to alert me to an event), same for incoming text/e-mail alert.
    i need these i need theses come on palm hook me up
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    As soon as SplashID is (re-)released, you'll have that taken care of.
    Quote Originally Posted by medic1175 View Post
    I'd like to see a money management app, for like bank accounts and credit cards.
    The company Splash Data makes Splash ID and Splash Money so hopefully both will be released soon for the Pre.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast