Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    mlb.com
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  2. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I want to give one more vote to SLIDE OPEN to answer a call SLIDE CLOSE to hangup!
    Multi-client IM. I would also like to see an Opentable.com app
    Last edited by barrysanders20; 06/08/2009 at 12:53 PM.
    I would like to backup/sync old text SMS messages from the Palm Centro or older Palms. Also, search and sort email, save files off the internet.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    For the first day, I couldn't see why people were complaining about the battery so much. Today, I found out. I took my phone off the charger at 10:30am and checked maybe 3 emails, had 10 texts, and had an hour of total talk time. I used the internet, non-wifi for about an hour and the thing was dead by 8:30pm. While that seems like a long time, that is not a lot of use. There have been discussions about what uses more battery which brings me to this feature:

Battery Usage breakdown. Kinda like Windows Task Manager. Let me see what's doing what so I can manage the battery better.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I would love to have the following:

1. Skype
    2. Slingplayer
    3. Garmin Mobile XT
    4. Metro Public Transport Guide (Palm Pre version)
    5. Weather radar app that overlays your GPS position in relation to the weather
    6. Kinoma player
    7. Sirius Satellite Radio Player
    8. Google Maps with latitude, street view, and track up versus north up map view
    9. Aviation related apps (E6B, crosswind calculator, ICAO weather lookup, etc.)

That's it for now.

GP
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    what I would love to see is the accelerometer to work on most of the apps, including the launcher. I like having the pdf viewer, but whats the point if I can't go to landscape mode when reading?

also I'd like a telnet/SSH client.
    Logos Bible software app (Libronix digital library)
    I would like when you go to a pdf in the browser it open in the pdf viewer.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    I want to give one more vote to SLIDE OPEN to answer a call SLIDE CLOSE to hangup!
    I didn't see a response yet to this, but sliding it open has answered calls for me, slide close to hang up would be nice tho.

As far as improvements, some sort of functionality for the button or light besides minimizing to home screen.

And only one app that I will need is personal finance, I used MyCheckbook for all of my checking accounts and I miss it already. I am sure this will come soon though.
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
    "These Things We Do, That Others May Live"
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Separate Brightness setting for the keyboard. When texting in a dark club, I want the screen at minimum brightness, but the keyboard at max. brightness. At least until I memorize where all the punctuation keys are located.

Also, an option to confirm 1-touch delete buttons -- way too easy to accidently delete emails with the lower-right button.
    Last edited by Larson; 06/09/2009 at 12:58 AM.
    a quick brightness changer in the wifi bluetooth menu
    More options (txt ringers)
    Mlb app
    Visual voicemail
    more launcher pages
    more and more apps
    Full cope/paste
    Video recording
    Light photo editing
    Picasa support
    More video codec support
    Landscape toouchstone clock (without the clock app running)
    Compass.....oh wait who the eff cares about that shizzzzz

I donnoo why you guys want the accelerometer to work in more apps, the storm did and it was a nightmare and kills batteries even more!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Lock screen needs an "Owner" button, so some kind soul can return your lost/stolen device.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Tried the combo of Sprint Navigation with Pandora simultaneously streaming my fave tunes on the way home from work tonight. I like! (Not much need for my Garmin & XM radio anymore.)

I had the headphone jack connected to the car speakers (via cassette adaptor), and really liked how the music would fade every time the voice turn instructions came on.

One HUGE problem with this though -- the "voice" is WAY TOO LOUD as compared to the Pandora music volume. I like my music loud, yet hate her screaming turn instructions at me. Am I missing some volume setting in Pandora somewhere? Need to equalize the volume somehow.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Thought of three more apps I want to see:

1 - Flashlight ~ you'd be amazed at how much you'll use it
    2 - Scorekeeper ~ for card games or whatever
    3 - Drink Maker ~ great for parties
    Quote Originally Posted by Larson View Post
    Tried the combo of Sprint Navigation with Pandora simultaneously streaming my fave tunes on the way home from work tonight. I like! (Not much need for my Garmin & XM radio anymore.)

I had the headphone jack connected to the car speakers (via cassette adaptor), and really liked how the music would fade every time the voice turn instructions came on.

One HUGE problem with this though -- the "voice" is WAY TOO LOUD as compared to the Pandora music volume. I like my music loud, yet hate her screaming turn instructions at me. Am I missing some volume setting in Pandora somewhere? Need to equalize the volume somehow.
    Weird because over the speaker I find the navigation voice to be wayy to quiet and garbled.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Most important thing or me is EAS with pin support. If this doesn't happen in 30 days, this phone just might be going back.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    If you mean the Pre's built-in speaker, then yes I agree. It helps to lower the Pre volume down one notch from max volume to avoid distortion, but it's no match competing with the big car radio speakers (which is why I tried connecting the headphone jack to the car). I just started using Pandora, so maybe I missed some other volume setting with that?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    - groups/categories for contacts
    - ability to select these groups/contacts for easy mass text / emails
    - universal copy-paste
    - today screen option for display of upcoming calendar events / unread messages
    - ability to customize all sound notifications (new email, sms, calendar event, etc)
    - universal search to include emails, sms, etc
    -
    - Ability to make people realize this is a first gen phone and all it's capabilities have not yet been exploited yet: so I don't have to read another "if this doesn't happen I'm returning it" post.

-MLB.TV
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I think the ability to double tap the center button to answer a call would be a lot easier than dragging a button to unlock the phone while driving. Of course if you add something like this, then you also have to add the ability to enable and disable it.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast