Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    A option to have the device vibrate when you click on the screen. They made a great app for WM, hope one comes for WebOS.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jar3232 View Post
    A option to have the device vibrate when you click on the screen. They made a great app for WM, hope one comes for WebOS.
    Are you referring to the way the Samsung and LG phones work with Touch Screens?
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Actually you can move around the bookmark icon. When you add a bookmark, tap the icon on the save screen and it takes you to a screen that lets you place and resize the icon before saving the icon.

As for what I want, I'd like to see word better word prediction and typo protection.
    Yeah, pretty much the same thing. It was just a freeware program for WM that caused the device to vibrate when the screen was touched.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'd love to set a GPS location to turn on Wifi in. Like only turn on Wifi when I'm within 50 feet of my apartment would be perfect. And then have it automatically turn off if none of your saved hotspots are detected in 30 seconds. This way if you're connecting to a new hotspot you can easily set it up and save it, but otherwise it would turn it off when you don't need it.
    that is something I was just thinking about today. I think the G1 has something like that.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    Actually you can move around the bookmark icon. When you add a bookmark, tap the icon on the save screen and it takes you to a screen that lets you place and resize the icon before saving the icon.

As for what I want, I'd like to see word better word prediction and typo protection.
    Have you actually gotten that to work? When I do that, it still take the picture of the top corner. For example. With ESPN, I zoomed in and centered the box around the actual logo and saved it. But, when I go to look at my bookmarks, it just shows the same spot, not zoomed in. Kinda annoying but not the end of the world.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Well it seems to work in the bookmarks list, but yeah it doesn't seem to work on the main start page. It looks like the start page just uses the screen cap like you said. That's a shame. I also like your suggestion for adding your own custom picture.
    I think they should focus on finishing the product first!

#1: Copy & paste so that *any text* can be selected.
    #2: A real dictionary for auto-complete.
    #3: Google needs to roll out a map application that is as full featured as other phones (winmo/apple), Save-addy-to-Contacts, street view, and latitude.
    #4: landscape should work everywhere. I know I can't compose email in landscape, but let me read it that way. Every app is a 'webpage' right? shouldn't this just work?
    #5: I'd rather have basic photo editing (rotate, crop) before video recording shows up.
    #6: make that center button glow or flash when screen is off and I have voicemail/sms waiting. Duh.
    #7: Let me tether! Charge me $5 if you have to, but damnit. I've been doing this for 4 years now on 'inferior' phones.

As for 'favorites to call', why not use the speed dial? Can't your 5 friends be assigned to keys? Failing that, (i.e you want one-handed/shell closed access) make your contacts into buttons in the launcher.

#1 & #2 are so aggravating I walked out of the sprint store without buying.
    Ability to add ringtones for VM, text message, etc
    Copy and Paste from anywhere
    Facebook app with notifications
    Yahoo IM
    Centralized Settings screen like my Treo had
    Type as you go search in email folders
    Multi-Select emails for organization
    Ability to create folders in email
    Collaborate with JRiver so I can sync from there instead of using iTunes
    Ability to customize/add more apps to launcher
    Additional App screens (I'd rather swipe side to side than swipe up and down)
    Zoomable App screen (need more real estate, sure just zoom out)
    Tethering
  10. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Guys, I'm really surprised at all the lame suggestions you came up with, if Palm is reading this, half the stuff you say has nothing to do with them (i.e - all the app things).

what I would like to see in the palm pre:

- Customize Launcher - remove any app I want (even built-in ones), create more or less menus (right now there are 3) and put ALL the settings icons (the ones on the third menu) into ONE "SETTINGS" icon. No need for more than that.

- Customize Quicklaunch - I love how you can add web bookmarks right to your app launcher, but I would love to have the option to customize what 5 Icons are in the quick launcher! Including the ability to add a Web link, App, or PHONE NUMBER there!

- Change sms/mail/im sounds

- Task sync to google/exchange/remmemberthemilk.com

- MSN IM in messaging

- Video recording (seriously??)

- Auto Spell Checker

- Better OFFLINE support, I ride the subway a lot and on the iPhone/Blackberry you can use apps like GoogleMaps or browser on the subway because the device caches all the data u use.

- Zoom in the browser - this browser is amazing but sometimes it limits how far in I can zoom, and sometimes it's not far enough. In the iPhone you can zoom until a single letter is the size of the whole screen - I WANT THAT.

- Better Google Maps - yes, I know this is not for palm but still - I want Google maps with STREET VIEW and Transit information

- Support for DocX and XLSX documents (office 2007). Actually, any office file or PDF I tried to download through the web got a "FILE COULD NOT BE OPENED" error.

- Tap instead of Swipe - OK, the swipe thing is cool, but to tell you the truth, I'd rather just tap the left side of the ball to go back and the right side to go forward.. I don't need the fancy swipe, it's not like tapping it does anything else!

- Contact GROUPS - Outlook has it, Gmail has it, Facebook has it. heck - every phone in the WORLD has it. I want to organize my contacts into groups so I can assign ringtones, mail a list or just scroll through my ex-girlfriends list

- B E T T E R B A T T E RY - i'm hoping Seidio or somebody would save us here because this batter is a NO GO. Right now I'm averaging 6 hours of use per charge.

- TAP AND HOLD - I wish you can hold your finger instead of tapping for a "right click" (like on WinMobile or Gphone), it would also be extremely handy as a shortcut for opening links or applications in a new app window! I heard people here were complaining they can't have two chat windows open at the same time. The Pre is totally capable of doing that, Palm just needs to add the software. If I can tap once on a conversation to go to it, and TAP AND HOLD to open it in a new window, that would be MAGICAL.

- Accelerometer - it seems only the web browser and the pictures app really use this thing, I wan't ALL the applications to turn when I flip the device!

- Video playback - this video application looks nice, but it seriously needs some more format support. MOV, DIVX, XVID, MPEG2, MPEG4, WMV would be a good start.

- Visual Voicemail - my favorite feature on the iPhone. STEAL IT PLEASE!

- Mass Text - Seriously ??

That's it for now, Palm - please get on it
    but we can customize what's in 4 of the quick launch.
    just hold your finger over the icon until you get a halo and drag it into the launcher page. same to pull one down. but the most you can have in the quick launch is 5.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TymonFlak View Post
    I think they should focus on finishing the product first!

#1: Copy & paste so that *any text* can be selected.
    #2: A real dictionary for auto-complete.
    #3: Google needs to roll out a map application that is as full featured as other phones (winmo/apple), Save-addy-to-Contacts, street view, and latitude.
    #4: landscape should work everywhere. I know I can't compose email in landscape, but let me read it that way. Every app is a 'webpage' right? shouldn't this just work?
    #5: I'd rather have basic photo editing (rotate, crop) before video recording shows up.
    #6: make that center button glow or flash when screen is off and I have voicemail/sms waiting. Duh.
    #7: Let me tether! Charge me $5 if you have to, but damnit. I've been doing this for 4 years now on 'inferior' phones.

As for 'favorites to call', why not use the speed dial? Can't your 5 friends be assigned to keys? Failing that, (i.e you want one-handed/shell closed access) make your contacts into buttons in the launcher.

#1 & #2 are so aggravating I walked out of the sprint store without buying.
    Yeah, I am using the speed dial. But when I get a touch screen phone, I just like having a favorite's page for my closest contacts. It's just more of a personal touch and I enjoy having them with their own section. Any of that make sense?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I agree with a lot of what is here:

Google Maps - street view, transit, and Latitude need to be added
    Accelerometer should work for more apps
    Better sound customization for various non phone related notifications
    center button indication of email
    Slingplayer for WebOS!
    MLB app for WebOS!
    Full dictionary/spell checker that works well.
    Support for EAS with PIN lock security!
    The ringer volume problem is because of the audio level of the mp3 ringtones. Maybe some benevolent Pre owner should boost the level of all of the supplied files and post them on TC for the use of the less tech savy users.
    I agree with most of the other suggestions in this thread.

I would like to be able to listen to my audiobooks that I have purchased from Audible.com.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'd love to see better bluetooth support. I could do file exchange with my macbook pro and centro, and between other phones. What would also be nice is more customization of the phone. Personally, I think we should not lay back and wait for palm, we should go around trying to root this thing and see what happens..
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky977 View Post
    I agree with most of the other suggestions in this thread.

I would like to be able to listen to my audiobooks that I have purchased from Audible.com.
    Yes - me to. Which brings me to another issue. We need to be able to precisely slide through an audio file. Right now all you can do is press and hold the skip button.. If I'm hearing a podcast or audiobook, I want to be able to slide my finger to a precise time.. (was that clear??)
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    2 things would make this phone perfect for me:

1 - slide open to answer
    2 - intermittent vibrate/audible/LED notification of a voicemail or text, until you dismiss it.

anything else is just minor to me
    I would love more fine control of the media volume, especially at the low end of things.
    Picassa, of course! Can't believe no one mentioned it!

And this frontpage news is pretty exciting. While commenting on developing for the Pre:

Originally Posted by PreCentral's frontpage:

This is just the beginning for Google applications on Palm Pre. The good news is that since our applications are built using web standards along with Palm's MoJo SDK, we can iterate quickly and provide new functionality, often without requiring you to install anything new. We look forward to rolling out new features for our mobile applications at a rapid clip.
    Emphasis mine
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast