Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Disabled.
    NO... sorry I should've been more spec. when you dial ##EVDO# and go into that menu if, you have data roaming enabled, what is it set on in here?

Txs
    I think its Hybrid Rev A

I wish you could force roam. All changing this appears to do is force sprint EVDO only!

I don't get sprint EVDO, but I can get a great 5bar EVDO alltel/verizon service, only it never stays cause phone always wants to go back to sprint.

come on hacks let's get this figured out! Well you get it figured out, I wouldn't know where to start.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by premarkable View Post
    Update PRL is in there too. Has this been on any other Sprint phone before?
    yes the instict had that as well
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Anyone have an answer to the how to enable data roam?
    I don't see it in preferences
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    nevermind, found it
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    It's under Phone > Sprint (upper left corner) > Preferences > Network

This is also where your Network and PRL updates can be manually triggered.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    When I click on the sprint word nothing opens up for me. I'm trying to turn on data roaming and can't find the setting. Any help would be great.
  8.    #28  
    You have to be in the phone (dialpad) app and lick on "phone"
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    You have to be in the phone (dialpad) app and lick on "phone"
    I do like my phone, but am not ready to give it a "lick".
  10.    #30  
    i'm sorry but if you're not licking your phone then you're just doing it wrong. the pre isn't *just* any phone. you don't just touch it. you have to lick it.

Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    I do like my phone, but am not ready to give it a "lick".
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    My wife is headed to Toronto today with her Pre. We have the everything plan, so we checked to see if there would be any fees...and here is the answer:

- $0.59 for every minute of voice in Canada...unless you have the $2.99 monthly plan for "Canada Roaming"...and then it is $0.20 a minute

- $2.00 for every megabyte of data downloaded...unless you have the $40 monthly plan for international data..and then data is free.

Thus, we paid for the $2.99 "Canada Roaming" plan, which we will cancel when she gets back into town at the end of the week...and we ensured that data roaming was turned off. We just can't see the value of paying 40 beans for data on this three-day trip. She may kick data roaming on for brief periods just to get email...but she won't leave it on. We don't want to end up with a $30,000 bill for international data if she inadvertently fires up Sprint TV

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/02...ess-card-bill/

My advice - always leave data roaming off...at least until know the full impact of how much it is going to cost you based on where you are. Dialing *2 gets you the answer.

BTW, you can log into your sprint account online and see how much data each phone on your plan has downloaded this month. We were shocked when we did. Hundreds of megabytes on each line. Sure, there was a 67MB system patch on one of the phones and those patches don't come down when you are roaming, but that's still a lot of data...especially at $2.00 a megabyte.

cheers,
    Steve
    Last year I went to canada and used my treo 755p and had no problem with data roaming. I to did the canada calling till I came back home. But I think they were testing their international roaming which is why they didn't charge for it. Now that they have that lame international roaming is when they started charging. How lame.
    I have the same exact plan and on a trip I was wondering the same question so I called sprint. It is free for calls and data on roaming. I did not realize data roaming was turned off, rats.
    WOW! I changed the mode to EVDO Only and now I'm getting stable 5 bars EVDO on my Pre. WTF? Is this a slower EVDO or are there any downsides to this?
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    One of the Palm support folks at the local Sprint store told me to keep the option on and it will help with my battery consumption (since the reception at my work is not so great). FWW
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    WOW! I changed the mode to EVDO Only and now I'm getting stable 5 bars EVDO on my Pre. WTF? Is this a slower EVDO or are there any downsides to this?
    Nevermind, seems when on EVDO Only, you don't get incoming calls or texts cuz they go over 1xRTT. Crap man, my phone has a rock solid signal with EVDO Only. If I switch it to Hybrid, it goes to hell.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12