Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It's not the end of the world but has anyone else noticed a scratch on the left side of the mirror?
    Can't say that I have. looking right now and not seeing such a thing...
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Mine has this as well. It's not really a scratch though, it's just an area where the slider mechanism appears to be rubbing against the mirror. I was able to rub it off with a little elbow grease, although I suppose it could eventually turn into a scratch with enough use.

Not a big deal though. The mirror is the one component on this phone I could totally care less about.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    Mine has this as well. It's not really a scratch though, it's just an area where the slider mechanism appears to be rubbing against the mirror. I was able to rub it off with a little elbow grease, although I suppose it could eventually turn into a scratch with enough use.

Not a big deal though. The mirror is the one component on this phone I could totally care less about.
    lol same here dookie until my gf pointed out "uh babe why is your mirror scratched?" Of course go figure women will always go for the mirror first rather than looking at this beautiful device G-d has bestowed upon us. By G-d I do mean Rubinstein lol
    Yes I have it too, but there is another one on the right as well.
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I do see a small scratch. I looks like its caused by the slider mechanism. You can barely notice it through all of the fingerprint smudges though!
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEEZM03 View Post
    Yes I have it too, but there is another one on the right as well.
    Me too. I have them on both sides.
    yep
  9.    #9  
    Now that I noticed it I am staring at it constantly lol Does anyone know any tips to remove this scratch?
    Quote Originally Posted by preman2be913 View Post
    Now that I noticed it I am staring at it constantly lol Does anyone know any tips to remove this scratch?
    Pry off the silvery surface with a screwdriver.
    Mirror polish maybe? Although it'll probably come right back after a few more days of use.

I'd suggest ignoring it if you can. Otherwise, maybe get some kind of clear protector for it?
    So I have this scratch on the left side of the mirror. But also I have a really NOTICEABLE scratch in the middle... It's right under the sprint logo.

I don't want to return my pre because of this issue. I don't really look at the mirror. But the knowledge that this happened is the only thing that bothers me. I don't want this to get any worse. So, I'm wondering, if indeed it does get worse, If they will repair the mirror under warranty because it's obviously the slider causing this... Or, will they replace the device?
    I just looked for this and I dont see anything but myself, wtf?

just kidding - yeah i got this too.
    I have this issue as well.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Ok honestly you guys are getting worked up over a "mirror"?

Is it realy a mirror or just metal backing?
    It's kind of annoying.

On top of this stupid mirror scratch, My seidio case broke. Stupid tab snapped off.

Back to the mirror issue. How hard is it to put a protective coat over top the mirror!?!?

Well, whatever it may be called is besides the point. The point is, something is scratching or rubbing it.
    I have 3 of these lines...one of the right, one of the left, and one in the middle but closer to the right one. Its just where the slider tracks rub and I dont care all that much.

I would take a pic but I only have my Pre at the moment.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Well, learn something new everyday.

It is a mirror and it was marketed as a mirror. How strange.
    It's on mine. Never noticed until you asked.
    Fortunately, I don't look at the mirror.... shoot, that's not what I meant.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast