1.    #1  
    Right now I currently have T-Mobile and G1. I really want a Pre. The only thing is, I have heard really negative things about Sprint. I just wanted to know your opinions about Sprint, and how things are going with your new Pre. Thanks! Any and all input is welcome!
    Read the forums..
    wow I have heard T Mobile is the worst from everybody, I had it for a week and got rid of it. Sprint is A LOT better than T mobile, i mean that horrible man.
    Quote Originally Posted by d8witdes10e View Post
    Right now I currently have T-Mobile and G1. I really want a Pre. The only thing is, I have heard really negative things about Sprint. I just wanted to know your opinions about Sprint, and how things are going with your new Pre. Thanks! Any and all input is welcome!
    I just switched to Sprint from AT&T, I am only on day 2 - but so far VERY impressed. Extremely happy with the Pre, and the network speeds on Sprint simply blow away the speeds I got on AT&T. Of course I am sure it depends on where you live, and for every person like me, I am sure there is another person out there that can say the opposite. Im very happy so far though - 28 days to go until I have to make my final decision......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    I've been with Sprint for over 10 years, and have never been displeased with either the network's performance or Sprint customer service. Price has been fair, good value for the money, and any issues I've had have been met with someone at Sprint willing to work with me to resolve them.

The Pre is awesome in actual use. Sure, it has its limitations, many/most of which I'm expecting/hoping will get fixed in updates soon to come. But, the Pre beats any smartphone that I've used--hands down--in terms of getting real things done. It's only my second day with the Pre, but already I've been able to use it for the things a smartphone is for with an ease and fluidity that no other device has ever managed.

For me, the combination of Sprint and the Pre simply can't be beat.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    8 years ago Sprint was really bad in my area, they have since built infra struture and the coverage here is better than T-Mobile (we call it T-Maybe at work). Coverage is very good now at my beach house, my mountain house and inland at work.

I have a G1 that I am going to sell, I have never been that thrilled with it. It has better coverage than ATT but, the phone is a bit awkward and slow.
    I can type faster on my iphone than I can on the G1.

Sprint has made a huge effort with customer service for the most part. When I call they emphasize that they are going to be the one who solves your problems (they can't always) but it is nice they are taking ownership.

Sprint gave me everything plus plan on Pre, and is sending me an Airrave to boost my signal a bit at home, my undergroundmancave has weak signal. They have been very helpful.

I am thrilled with the Pre, it is a work in progress but every smart phone I have owned as been a work in progress. I love the form factor.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessh2036 View Post
    wow I have heard T Mobile is the worst from everybody, I had it for a week and got rid of it. Sprint is A LOT better than T mobile, i mean that horrible man.
    I have OK service with T-Mobile. What made me really upset was that T-Mobile told me my home would have excellent 3G coverage on their site, and many reps said the same thing. I get the G1, and come home and I have barely two bars, with EDGE service. The other day I went to a Sprint store just to see if I would still like it:I was amazed. I put my g1 and the sprint phone on a browser speed test for Cnet.com (its graphic intensive, and has some good java to test). Both the Pre and and the G1 had same bars (4) and the Pre loaded it like 15 seconds before the g1 did. It was truly incredible. Especially since both were on 3G. I can't even imagine how much faster it would have been if the g1 was on EDGE and the Pre was on 3G. The saleswoman came up to me and asked if I would like to get on the waiting list and I was like "what do you mean"? (online I had read the pre wasn't selling so good and that it barely moved 35k devices, so I was shocked when I heard this). So I asked her how long the list was and she said it was 60 people long. I guess the people that are saying it didn't sell well are iPhone people, because apparently, it IS selling well. I called other stores in the area and they are all sold out for quite awhile. Just as well because as of right now I don't have the money but I soon will and I will make the switch.

Thanks guys for your posts! Greatly appreciated!! Keep em coming!
    Coverage is location specific. Customer service on Sprint is better, but the standard for the industry is pretty poor. I've had Sprint since my Centro and notice NO difference (in my area) from Verizon which I've had prior. Wife has AT&T and she has no issues either.
    T-Mobile compared to Sprint? It's not even a comparison.

Sprint absolutely smokes T-Mobile.

/thread