Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Just in case anyone is wondering how to do this, I was able to figure it out almost immediately. Hold the orange button when you click on a link in the browser and it will open the page in a new card. Hopefully this may be useful to others. Sorry if it has already been covered.
    Doesn't seem to be working for me.
    For me, nothing seems to happen if I hold orange or shift down when clicking a link. If I let up on the key, I can click ok (but of course, the link opens in the current card).
    same here. when i hold down the orange key, i can't click on anything. as far as i know, holding down the orange key + drag allows you to move the cursor. it would be nice if there were a way to open links in new cards though.

Scooter26 can you try again and report back?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Okay. This is wierd but when I saw the responses I went back and tried again myself and now it wasn't working! I was sure I only used the orange button so after a little effort, I think I figured it out.

It seems like the following step is needed before this works: scroll up to the very top of the page where the title is shown in the black bubble and click on the title to give it focus. Then click back on an empty area in the page and now the procedure I said above should work (hold orange button while pressing the link and it will load in a new card). I'm not sure the whole launch in new card is a full feature so it's hard to say if this is a bug but it works for me for now.
    Tried it. Doesn't seem to work for me.
    No worky
    Scooter are you sure you're not just clicking on links that have been coded to open in a new window? The only times i've seen link open in a new card is when the link opens a new window on the computer, usually because the link contains a target= "blank" tag.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    You probably happened to click a link that forced open another window (at the same time that you were holding down the orange button) ...
    Orange and Sym key held down at same time, then clicking on a link opens a new cared.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    WTF? How is that convenient? You could drop the phone like that. That's just way too many awkward finger placements just to open a new card.
    You can just press Orange + Space and click on the link and it will open it in a new tab. Its easier than Orange + Sym
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I agree that it is a pain in the arse to open links in new cards. Sure wish that palm would change this to use the gesture area. A tap & hold in gesture area, then tap a link to open in a new card seems much more intuitive and vastly easier to execute.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abiezerf View Post
    You can just press Orange + Space and click on the link and it will open it in a new tab. Its easier than Orange + Sym
    I'd thank you if there was a thank button on your post. I was unaware of this shortcut and it is much easier than orange+sym or orange+shift.