1.    #1  
    So, I was really close to returning my Pre because the "synergy" of my contacts from facebook/aim resulted in having a bunch of contacts i did not care to have. You may already know you cant delete the contacts that your pre pulls from facebook nor aim. If any of you are having this problem and considering returning your pre i do have a fix for this.

1.) Create a new contact with the name for the account you want to consolidate i.e Facebook or AIM, Leave everything blank in it and just hit done.

2.) Open up the contact you wish to "remove" from your list.

3.) Click on the top tab where the name or screenname is and click on "Link To Account"

4.) Then scroll through the contacts and find the contact you created (AIM, Facebook) and then click on it.

5.) Make sure you make the name you created for account is the default profile.

I know this does not delete it entirely but it will clean up your contacts and not have that weird guy/girl that sent you a friend request that you accepted cause you didnt want to be mean show in the people you contact the most.
    Interesting idea
    That's a great idea and simple idea!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    That is brilliant, Thanks!!
    It might be worth clarifying that even deleting the AIM screen name from an outside AIM client, the screen name remains in Contacts and is essentially stuck there. Unfortunately, your proposed method (which I have arrived at using as well) is merely a band-aid fix for an underlying design flaw in the software. I hope Palm is aware of this issue and has it as a priority to fix.
    My guess is that Palm won't be able to get around this issue with AIM. AIM doesn't have any built in organization other than buddy list groups which I doubt WebOS will be able to ascertain.

Facebook however, should be able to be solved with a bit of help from Facebook. If WebOS can ascertain your "lists" then you can go to Facebook sign in and create a "list" of contacts you want to sync. I have already prepared for this lol I created a list called "Sync" and hopefully in the near future I can link my facebook to my pre and select that I only want to sync the contacts in the "Sync" list.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maskedferret View Post
    It might be worth clarifying that even deleting the AIM screen name from an outside AIM client, the screen name remains in Contacts and is essentially stuck there. Unfortunately, your proposed method (which I have arrived at using as well) is merely a band-aid fix for an underlying design flaw in the software. I hope Palm is aware of this issue and has it as a priority to fix.
    If you want to do that, you just have to delete the AIM account in the Pre, to remove all the contacts, and then add it again. You will have to relink all your AIM contacts though. But it is a sure way to remove them.

The phone could just keep a list of contacts to hide, or if we could manage them from our palm profile online it wouldn't be as bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    If you want to do that, you just have to delete the AIM account in the Pre, to remove all the contacts, and then add it again. You will have to relink all your AIM contacts though. But it is a sure way to remove them.

The phone could just keep a list of contacts to hide, or if we could manage them from our palm profile online it wouldn't be as bad.
    I am trying to do this right now however for some strange reason, the option to remove my AIM account from Messaging is greyed out. I am now unlinking EVERYTHING in an attempt to unlock the option.

EDIT: gotta sign off first... nvm.

The fact that the contacts list does not update after updating the AIM buddy list in Messaging (it DOES update after changing it with an outside client!) constitutes in my perspective a deficiency in the program. ESPECIALLY so if the AIM entries in Contacts are not deletable.
    Last edited by maskedferret; 06/09/2009 at 07:49 PM.
    Yeah, this technique works really well. I came up with it for myself by creating a "zzMisc" contact (zz is just so it goes to the very bottom of my list) and adding random/unwanted facebook and aim contacts to it.