• Two thumbs up!

44 66.67%
  • One thumb up!

11 16.67%
  • One thumb down!

3 4.55%
  • Two thumbs down!

2 3.03%
  • I don't have a Pre, so I have no idea why I'm voting...

6 9.09%
  1.    #1  
    People post mostly about problems, but how do you like your Pre overall?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I like it more and more as I use it. It is just taking me a while to develop new habits. I had one-handed operation with my 755p down really well. Not only do I have to break those habits, now I have to form new ones.

For example, it took me a while to understand that you can't really do one-handed operations on the Pre very well with the keyboard out. It has also taken me some time to remember to do the quick-launch wave instead of going to card view and the launcher.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Now that I'm getting used to it (came from a BB Bold) it's getting smoother. Stutters when listening to Pandora in the background, but hey, it launched yesterday and we can already run apps in the background. I'm fine with that.

Battery life does have me a bit concerned, though...
  4.    #4  
    Just as I thought. Overwhelmingly positive, although things in the forum seem pretty gloomy. We saw the same thing with the Treo 650. We discussed our problems in the forum, but most people loved them anyhow.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

I don't have any stuck pixels, distortion, or light leak, so I'm a happy camper. From where I sit, Palm hit one out of the park. The missing features I'm sure will be addressed in short order with another firmware update or two.
    Verizon
  6.    #6  
    When someone posts that the Pre is a flop or that Sprint and Palm are dead because of the Pre, point them to this thread. As it is now, people are happy with the phone 10 to 1. That ain't bad for a new phone with a new OS.

I think it is a great phone and I hope they keep up the good work.
    There are some minor bugs but overall the phone is just great.
    The only big problem is it is hard to put it down..
  8.    #8  
    I can't wait till the SDK comes out and I can start developing applications. Looks like there are lots of good opportunities for applications to fill in the gaps. Supposedly Palm has made it easy to develop them. I just hope the API is good enough to allow access to the low level functions of the device so that the shortcomings of existing software can be addressed.