Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    To quote Will Ferrall in 'Zoolander': "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!" Are none of y'all posting after my 'discovery' checking what email account you set-up?? It is no question now, for me, that the reception problems I had were *directly* tied to the existence of my hotmail account.

I couldn't care less if I've found the solution for everyone w/this issue or not - but if people would actually check their phone & reference my personal discovery - that could go a long way to solving this problem for real - one way or the other.

If you are having a 'reception problem' in the ways described above, in an area you *know* to be strong on other Sprint phones then CHECK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS. For me, deleting hotmail "freed" my phone of my 48hr curse. Am I oddly lucky & my phone fixed itself, or did I stumble upon a solution that may actually benefit us all for the meantime?

Sorry to post so much on this thread...I'm just so excited to find a 'fix' for my situation & want to know if it can help others in the same dire straights.
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    Here I thought I was alone. WTF gives I need this to work. Getting the same strange roaming and 0-5 bars all the time. Thought Sprint did have a cr@p network. Now it looks like the Pre has a reception bug.

I'll give it 30 days but if this doesn't get fixed soon I'm off to the Death Star. At least I know I can get greater reception there.

If they were at least upfront about this I could be patient. This stuff is unacceptable.
    Trust me, if it fixed my problems, I would have let you know. All I have set up is gmail and yahoo, and I'm still having a bunch of problems with it.
    cglaguna: people like me are its switching in and out between evdo,1x, & Roaming which is not good. I was so frustrated at work today because of this issue. I couldn't do anything data related. It kept on dropping me. I will give palm/sprint 1 week to admit to the issue and talk about a recourse or i'm going to return it and wait for the 3rd revision of the IPhone to be released. I love the pre and its multitasking is just awesome but 1st and foremost is reception. If you don't have that this thing isn't much better than a paper weight. I'm glad after googling i'm not the only one experiencing this issue. The guy at the sprint store even seen it and was very suprised.

ncage
    Quote Originally Posted by hmjd View Post
    To quote Will Ferrall in 'Zoolander': "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!" Are none of y'all posting after my 'discovery' checking what email account you set-up?? It is no question now, for me, that the reception problems I had were *directly* tied to the existence of my hotmail account.

I couldn't care less if I've found the solution for everyone w/this issue or not - but if people would actually check their phone & reference my personal discovery - that could go a long way to solving this problem for real - one way or the other.

If you are having a 'reception problem' in the ways described above, in an area you *know* to be strong on other Sprint phones then CHECK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNTS. For me, deleting hotmail "freed" my phone of my 48hr curse. Am I oddly lucky & my phone fixed itself, or did I stumble upon a solution that may actually benefit us all for the meantime?

Sorry to post so much on this thread...I'm just so excited to find a 'fix' for my situation & want to know if it can help others in the same dire straights.
    I have and when you say linked to yor hotmail account i'm assuming you were doing the same thing i was. you just went to live.com and logged in. For some crazy reazon, even when you close the browser, it keeps you logged in. Also going to mobile.live.com doesn't work!!! So i manually signed out and cleared my cache/history/cookies. I don't have much hope but anything is a shot
    I have my Pre and Treo 700p next to each other in an interior room of my house.
    The Treo has 3 bars.
    The Pre has 2.
    Both showing EVDO.
    I live about 5-10 miles from a Sprint tower across a lake, with a clear sight line.
    Not great, but not a reason to exchange.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I actually didn't do that; but that's interesting. I simply set up a hotmail account on my Pre @ the store on my Pre using the email button from the taskbar.

Quote Originally Posted by ncage1974 View Post
    I have and when you say linked to yor hotmail account i'm assuming you were doing the same thing i was. you just went to live.com and logged in. For some crazy reazon, even when you close the browser, it keeps you logged in. Also going to mobile.live.com doesn't work!!! So i manually signed out and cleared my cache/history/cookies. I don't have much hope but anything is a shot
    I actually didn't do that; but that's interesting. I simply set up a hotmail account on my Pre @ the store on my Pre using the email button from the taskbar.
    One way to find out whether your phone fixed itself, or if the hotmail account is at fault is to put the hotmail account back in and see if the reception problem reoccurs. If it does, than you're on to something, especially if the problem disappears again after removing hotmail again.

Have you tried that?
    I have hotmail set up with out any problems. Its been that way since Saturday. I have it set up with the Pre's email app.. Just went in and put my email address and password.. Syncs fine, no problems..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    I have hotmail set up with out any problems. Its been that way since Saturday. I have it set up with the Pre's email app.. Just went in and put my email address and password.. Syncs fine, no problems..
    Does your Pre exhibit any other issues like screen bleeding at the edges, dead pixels, keyboard open/close crashing the phone or reception issues?

Just trying to find a pattern here.

I am still waiting on my Pre, should be here wednesday, and yeah, I am sweating bullets, I am just hoping I get a good one, without any of the above mentioned problems!
    Quote Originally Posted by ncage1974 View Post
    cglaguna: people like me are its switching in and out between evdo,1x, & Roaming which is not good. I was so frustrated at work today because of this issue. I couldn't do anything data related. It kept on dropping me. I will give palm/sprint 1 week to admit to the issue and talk about a recourse or i'm going to return it and wait for the 3rd revision of the IPhone to be released. I love the pre and its multitasking is just awesome but 1st and foremost is reception. If you don't have that this thing isn't much better than a paper weight. I'm glad after googling i'm not the only one experiencing this issue. The guy at the sprint store even seen it and was very suprised.

ncage
    Wow, I can see your furstration, even with 1 or 2 bars @home I always have evdo. I have seen 1x once but never seen roaming.
    According to Sprints coverage map, I am in a "good" zone. My Sprint Touch gets between 1 and 2 bars. As long as the Pre keeps this up and doesn't fluctuate all over the place, I'd be happy. Wednesday is the day!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Does your Pre exhibit any other issues like screen bleeding at the edges, dead pixels, keyboard open/close crashing the phone or reception issues?

Just trying to find a pattern here.

I am still waiting on my Pre, should be here wednesday, and yeah, I am sweating bullets, I am just hoping I get a good one, without any of the above mentioned problems!
    The 1st Pre had the screen blimishes bad, but it was from the start, right after taking it out of the box. I thought it was the screen pic, so after I got home and played with it, I noticed that it got worse after using it. So, I took it back, and got a new one. The new one did not have the blimishes on the bottom of the screen, when it gets warm, some very faint ones started to appear at times.. I don't have any dead pixels, keyboard opens/closes fine NO CRASHES, I do have reception problems however. The 1st Pre I had, did not have any reception problems at all.

When you go pick yours up, I would inspect it good, and don't leave if you have any screen problems. Also, while your there, check your reception as well. My 1st Pre had the update 1.02 already installed, the 2nd one didn't I had to install it.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Hate to be a broken record here but... Your situation & mine sound identical. Have you 'installed' a hotmail account or some other (apparently) non-approved email address into your Pre? After deleting my hotmail account, everything on my Pre re: reception has been 'healed'.
    Not using Hotmail. I have 4 Gmail accounts set up and my work email which is set up using EAS.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    According to Sprints coverage map, I am in a "good" zone. My Sprint Touch gets between 1 and 2 bars. As long as the Pre keeps this up and doesn't fluctuate all over the place, I'd be happy. Wednesday is the day!
    There's a problem with the reception, thats for sure.. I watch the signal go up and down like mad, lol.. I don't know what the problem is.. Thank goodness I haven't missed any calls or anything, but there is a fluctuation..

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    I still can't believe none of these issues have been addressed yet. The screen, overheating, reception, freezes... neither Palm or Sprint has said a peep about any of them. At least acknowledge the problem and let us know you're working on a solution for Pete's sake. The longer it takes for them to say something about it, the more it makes me think that they know they aren't going to be able to fix it and don't want to own up to it.
    Actually they have addressed these issues and many more, they just aren't posting on Precentral. Go to the Palm support forums (Hardware & Software - Palm Support Forums) and you'll see posts by the Palm reps addressing the issue. When talking about the signal reception issue, the moderator had this to say:

"Guys, we've escalated this issue to Palm's Issue system. Hopefully, we'll see a resolution, and hopefully ASAP"

So let's just wait and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Same issue here - rochester ny... Dead pixels crappy reception :-/
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post
    Actually they have addressed these issues and many more, they just aren't posting on Precentral. Go to the Palm support forums (Hardware & Software - Palm Support Forums) and you'll see posts by the Palm reps addressing the issue. When talking about the signal reception issue, the moderator had this to say:

"Guys, we've escalated this issue to Palm's Issue system. Hopefully, we'll see a resolution, and hopefully ASAP"

So let's just wait and see what happens.
    Do you have a specific link by the palm rep?
    I have receptions problems compared to my last phone, Samsung A920. My Pre is normally has one to two bars of signal strength at home and at work. I'm hoping this is caused by too much traffic on Sprint's side. This is my one big negative of the phone. If it doesn't improve by the end of my 30 days, I may switch to another carrier or get a 3GS.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post
    I have the same issue as everyone else. Signal strength is all over the place. I never had even the slightest problem with my 755p but the Pre is having a heck of a time with it.

I tried to update my PRL but every time I do I get a message that says "Airplane mode must be turned off" even though it's not on....?

Kind of a pain to have to use Wifi in my house instead of EVDO. And btw, I am in Aiken, SC.
    I had this same issue. My signal is strong at home on the north side of Chicago. At my work in the loop I get the signal fluctuation, heat issues, etc. I did the network update but I am getting the "Turn airplane mode off" when I try a PRL update.
    I'm having problems with my Pre in my house, people are reporting that I'm fading in and out of digital garbage while I'm talking to them. I never had any problems with my Centro, or my 700 before that...or my 650...etc...

-Mike
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast