Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Why doesnt everyone mention where they are located so maybe we can get a trend . Also mention if you have issues or now.

I am in New Jersey and have reception problems. Did not have these problems with my Centro and my Wifes Razr has no issues with reception.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Reception is horrible, heating is horrible, battery life is way less than my iphone 3G. Just a lousy phone. Taking mine back.
  3. TMJ
    Doing the same in MN, 3-4 Ev then to R and i haven't even moved my phone(funny stuff) well not really. Lets pray for an update because i'm not giving up.....
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Why doesnt everyone mention where they are located so maybe we can get a trend . Also mention if you have issues or now.

I am in New Jersey and have reception problems. Did not have these problems with my Centro and my Wifes Razr has no issues with reception.
    Mine was an issue with the unit, the wifi/evdo wouldn't work
    My coverage area for EVDO or for that matter most Los Angeles is great -

i'm in the greener part (best coverage)
    I know i posted earlier and it could just be me but holding the phone on the sides versus on the bottom (where i am assuming the internal antenna is) has helped me pick up another bar here and there ... also take auto roam off and leave on Sprint only network, helps with the battery draining issues ..

Ny, lower region 20 mins outside NYC, never had an issue with Centro, gonna call tech this week to bring it up see what they say ... airwave/rave whatever its called will help with voice which in my place has been garbled, at least yesterday and this morning it was ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I am having the same issues out here in Logan, UT... Really strange, just like everyone else is saying my signal jumps around a lot. I hope that we see an OTA update that address's this issue soon
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Lehigh acres FL. Reception stinks in my area, from 5 bars to 4 to 2 to 1 to none to roaming.... ouch!!! I hope they can correct this.

I have waited so long for this NEW palm pre... old Treo...I loved that phone. ;(
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Sorry, but what about the heating up of the pre????? Whats with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by mksolana View Post
    The signal issues definitely seem to be causing them in some cases. I know for me personally, when I'm using it on WiFi, I experience no heat issues whatsoever. However, as soon as I'm at work and it starts fluctuating between EVDO and 1XRTT, it gets super hot.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mksolana View Post
    Switching between 1x and EVDO, or just having trouble holding a signal will eat batteries really quickly because the processor has to work that much harder
    It does however seem like the pre can get good signal but seems to have trouble holding it. This is why i have hope that it can be fixed with an OTA update.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Reception problem breakthrough??
    I posted my issues/complaints earlier in this thread.

So, about an hour ago I decided to delete my hotmail account from the device as it never worked & someone somewhere said to delete hotmail b/c of weird battery issues it was causing.

After the hotmail deletion I've been surfing the web consistently w/5 bars & uninterrupted EVDO connection. I set my hotmail account up in the Sprint store & have always had a 'jumpy' Pre whereas my friend didn't. He's never had these issues, I've had them from the beginning, and now that my hotmail account is gone . . . I've experienced NONE of my earlier gripes for over an hour! (was used to the 'jumping' every 30 seconds or so - totally unusable phone I was going to return)

Maybe y'all have hotmail set up on your Pre too (or some other 'troublesome' account) & that's oddly causing our reception problems??

Maybe it's just a weird coincidence, but I'll be damned if for the first time my Pre is working the way it should - & it happened *right after* hotmail deletion . . .

Take a look at your email setup & see if this is in fact actually our problem!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Only have gmail setup which works fine. Signal is pure crap here at my house.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dookie View Post
    I'm getting terrible reception at work, but I practically work in a cave so that's nothing new and was mostly expected. However, as I mentioned in the other thread, I'm beginning to suspect my bad reception is what could be leading to excessive heat buildup on my phone. At home on WiFi, it hardly got warm at all with some pretty heavy use. Here at work, while it's constantly getting bad reception and switching back and forth between EVDO and 1X, the heat builds up like crazy with only light internet usage.

Is anyone else with bad reception noticing heat issues on their phone?
    yea i live in a rural area in NE florida and i get terrible reception here and i have noticed that my pre gets really hot at times... at home i keep it on wi-fi but at work and around town its on EVDO.. i am supposed to be getting an air rave soon so i will see if that will make a difference in the temp..
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    The point of my situation is that I was in 'jumpy' connection hell in areas I *knew* to be strong Sprint zones (from my 755p). I thought the Pre itself was broken & was going to exchange it tomorrow until this weird delete hotmail account 'fix' happened. I do have a gmail account set-up still & that's not a problem.

So, my comment I guess only applies to people who know they are in a good area from prior experience yet find their Pre's 'jumpy' & unusual.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Of course, if my 'fix' is correct, then that raises a host of other concerns re: Pre & Hotmail functionality - but I'm currently happy being able to consistently surf the web etc... I can wait for a fix on hotmail usage (unless there are other out there who do in fact use hotmail in their Pre...?)
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I have the same issue as everyone else. Signal strength is all over the place. I never had even the slightest problem with my 755p but the Pre is having a heck of a time with it.

I tried to update my PRL but every time I do I get a message that says "Airplane mode must be turned off" even though it's not on....?

Kind of a pain to have to use Wifi in my house instead of EVDO. And btw, I am in Aiken, SC.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hate to be a broken record here but... Your situation & mine sound identical. Have you 'installed' a hotmail account or some other (apparently) non-approved email address into your Pre? After deleting my hotmail account, everything on my Pre re: reception has been 'healed'.

Quote Originally Posted by allenkt View Post
    I have the same issue as everyone else. Signal strength is all over the place. I never had even the slightest problem with my 755p but the Pre is having a heck of a time with it.

I tried to update my PRL but every time I do I get a message that says "Airplane mode must be turned off" even though it's not on....?

Kind of a pain to have to use Wifi in my house instead of EVDO. And btw, I am in Aiken, SC.
    Here I thought I was alone. WTF gives I need this to work. Getting the same strange roaming and 0-5 bars all the time. Thought Sprint did have a cr@p network. Now it looks like the Pre has a reception bug.

I'll give it 30 days but if this doesn't get fixed soon I'm off to the Death Star. At least I know I can get greater reception there.

If they were at least upfront about this I could be patient. This stuff is unacceptable.
    I still can't believe none of these issues have been addressed yet. The screen, overheating, reception, freezes... neither Palm or Sprint has said a peep about any of them. At least acknowledge the problem and let us know you're working on a solution for Pete's sake. The longer it takes for them to say something about it, the more it makes me think that they know they aren't going to be able to fix it and don't want to own up to it.
    People are posting about reception issues, but when it shows one bar, can you make a call, I couldn't make a call with three bars on my 3G but with one bar at home, I always can make a call with the pre.

I am at the beach LB in the OC, SoCali. Mountainous area. Home 1-3 but got free air Raid from Sprint ($5mo).
    Work in Irvine 4-5 bars, today in NB 5 bars.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast