1.    #1  
    I am a Sprint employee having some difficulty with the Palm Pre's text messaging. A customer who purchased a phone from me is extremely upset that her text messages automatically pop up on the screen. The only option I can find to alter this notification is to turn notifications off altogether. You can either Turn off the ring, or turn off the notification AND the ring, not just the notification.

The problem with that is, if you turn off the notification, it will never ring or chime or whatever when you get a message. Does anyone have any idea how to prevent the message from just appearing on the screen?

THANKS!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    well what i have found is that is you lock your phone with a password the message will not show up on the screen when the phone is sleeping (it wont even wake up, only alert tone) the message will show up after you wake and unlock the phone...

hope this helps...
  3.    #3  
    thanks! that should take care of it.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    I figured out how easy it was to add .mp3 files to the ringtone folder to add more ringtones, but has anyone figured out where to set the "ding ding" tone to something else when you receive a txt?

Thanks
    Noob.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    I figured out how easy it was to add .mp3 files to the ringtone folder to add more ringtones, but has anyone figured out where to set the "ding ding" tone to something else when you receive a txt?

Thanks
    Noob.
    I want to do the same thing, or at least make it louder. I'd also like it to vibrate. I don't think there are settings for any of this. The messaging app is definitely v0.1 beta, it doesn't even have smilies or quick text. Lame.
    only problem i have, is that when the phone is on the touchstone.. if you receive a message, it shows on the front screen, in lock mode.. up to a certain point.. kinda dont like that.. i would rather it just not show up when the phone is locked.. maybe just the front button light up, or flash or something..
    is it possible to "forward" text messages to another person? I don't think it is but maybe someone has figured out a way?
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post

Thanks
    Noob.
    There is currently no way to change your text alert ringer. Hopefully Palm changes that soon.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Quote Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
    only problem i have, is that when the phone is on the touchstone.. if you receive a message, it shows on the front screen, in lock mode.. up to a certain point.. kinda dont like that.. i would rather it just not show up when the phone is locked.. maybe just the front button light up, or flash or something..
    You can turn off the option to show message alerts on the screen when it is locked.

It is under screen & lock. Disable notifications when locked.