1.    #1  
    This is getting rediculous I come on this site for new info and help and to help others yet there are new threads being created by the second for stupid stuff like returns, rants and raves and so on...

We need like ten threads that everything falls under
    Returns:
    keeping phone:
    Tips Tricks
    Rants Raves
    Issues
    Misc...
    etc.....

this is getting pathetic lol
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I completely agree, this forums is a cluster !
    BTW - it's spelled Ridiculous
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    I've been saying this by day one.. I even made a thread about it, the mod's recoginzed it and agree'd. Give them time, they will work on it. Trust me.
    And mods can't be expected to merge threads on the fly. They're human, ya know?

Users need to learn to search for existing topics and post in appropriate threads more than Moderators merging duplicate topics/rants/ etc.

And if you think that a topic won't interest you or contain new info, don't read it.

It's not all on the moderators. You as a forum visitor have some culpability, too!
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I think the point is some of these subjects need to be split into separate forums.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    users need to learn to search for existing topics and post in appropriate threads more than moderators merging duplicate topics/rants/ etc.
    blasphemy!!!! Who in their right minds would use the search button?!?!?! God forbid!!!
    OP is being silly... And unrealistic.

Berd and co. have been amazing. This is a major launch... And as such be flooded with these types of threads.

They don't get paid at all... And like I said Berd is a machine... Absolute machine.

But ironically... This forum is now flooded with your bs thread too.
    One thing that has helped me the past couple days on this forum is the ability to "Mark this forum Read" under "Forum Tools."

I think I've used that at least 5-6 times, then refresh and see what topics have new posts and "discretely" read topics that interest me.
    OP is just fine in stating that.. Over at crackberry they had to do the same thing for the storm.. lots of this phone sucks/ oh no you must suck.

The storm was unpolished when released and it has taken 6 months to get a legit software update. A lot of pissed people.. and they sold 400,000 units in first week. not sure how many people returned it.. A LOT.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/
    There's a reason for this. The other forums are not being visited. You can creat all the forums in the world for all the subjects in the world and it WILL NOT FIX ANYTHING. If I have a question, and I see that no one is looking at that forum it will go unanswered. You have to be realistic.

The phone just came out, many people have concerns and suggestions and many things to talk about this phone. WHat they may do is temporarily disable the palm pre forum, and do temporary discussions on, suggestions, complaints, concerns, updates, software, how to do this and that, emails, connectivity issues.
    I know what I'm saying is semi contradictory about not making new forums and making them. But as long as this main one lives, no little one will succeed.
    Anyone want to create a FAQ?
    I merge and move close to 20 threads a day.

It's SS full blown.

Please don't blame moderation.
    It's getting really discouraging.
  14.    #14  
    Agreed....gets better before it gets worse...
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I merge and move close to 20 threads a day.

It's SS full blown.

Please don't blame moderation.
    It's getting really discouraging.
    I sure appreciate the hard work the mods put in. Crazy amount of posts every day can be overwhelming.
    It is crazy trying to go through this forum though.
    I just merged/moved a few threads, hope this helps
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Good mods are the backbone to any forum. I agree that they have a thank-less job. I'm a mod on MANY other forums so I know the job that they have in front of them. Many threads; many posts; esp with the thousands posted in the last 2 days. I think these forums were around 80 some-odd pages on Friday night. Last checked, I saw 97 today.

But we the user are mostly to blame for the reasons stated.

Keep up the good work Mods. It'll settle down in a couple weeks and then the cleanup can really take hold!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    I just merged/moved a few threads, hope this helps
    Yep! It's all better now.
    I don't know if it's possible, but you might want to limit creation of new threads. Or, if someone knows php, you could make someone sign off on a checklist page before creating a new thread. Then they would have to acknowledge that they followed the rules and be banned (for maybe 10 days) from posting new threads.

I've probably violated this policy, but I'd be happy to accept it if it makes the forums more useable.