1.    #1  
    Overall, I'm very much enjoying my new Pre, but I'm having a problem. I can call in to check the voice mail. Since it's my "first time" it prompts me to setup a numeric password.

So far, I've been unable to make this work because the dialer screen disappears while I'm on a call. I understand that the phone is set to disable the touch screen when upright so contact with my face won't inadvertently hit something.

But, the screen is completely blank, even if I hold the fold down horizontal. If I rotate it between horizontal and vertical, I can get the dialer screen to briefly flash, but never long enough for me to do any input.

I'm able to move about the phone pretty well otherwise, but I cannot figure this one out. What am I doing wrong here?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_ed View Post
    What am I doing wrong here?
    Nothing. Sounds like you have a defective phone.
  3.    #3  
    I guess it was just having a moment. I tried it again a little while ago (I really don't want to have to deal with an exchange if I can help it) and the screen worked for me.
    If you, by chance, still have the screen protection film on the phone, could it have been messing with the proximity sensor?

Either way, glad you got it working for you.
    I am having this exact problem... happens on almost all calls--if I'm inside. If i'm outside in brighter light, the dialer seems to work properly. But if I'm inside, in the car, or in dim light, the dialer disappears and then goes into a weird cycle of flashes. The dialer flashes on, but not long enough to touch anything. It could do this for 2 or 3 minutes actually...

I have an Invisible Shield by ZAGG on the phone. I'm wondering if this might be causing the issue, but I'd rather not rip it off and waste the $ for the Shield if I don't have to.

Where is the proximity sensor on the phone? Does anyone else use an Invisible Shield or other screen protector and have any problems?
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsheppard View Post
    Where is the proximity sensor on the phone? Does anyone else use an Invisible Shield or other screen protector and have any problems?
    The proximity sensor is right next to the ear piece on the right side as you look at the phone. If you look close enough you will see that as well as the light meter used to dim the phone in dark spots.