Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I think I understand why some stores are putting a new accounts only policy. My girlfriend works at a sprint store and she told me the goals for each store's new account activation were significantly higher for this month. Im sure those stores want to reach the goal and are using the pre's as the baits.
    Manny noooooooo.... Bro we got shafted. I don't got one either. Not yet anyways.
    I went to a Sprint store around 12:30 pm on Sat. and of course they were sold out; no surprise. They said they weren't expecting another shipment until Fri.(?!?), but if I pre-paid, they'd have one sent out by Mon. or Tues., no charge on the shipping. Well, OK, since they aren't selling them online.

Unfortunately, as I read these forums and see all the hardware build quality problems and bugs people are reporting, I'm having a case of buyer's remorse before I even get the darn thing in my hands. While being an early adopter is always a chancy proposition, I'm really wondering if Palm is shooting themselves in the foot thanks to poor quality from the manufacturer.

It's be a darn shame, since any problems the iPhone has/had/have is always thrown down the Memory Hole while if everything gets 5 by 5 for the Pre within a couple of months, EVERY story will be, "Palm's launch was beset by poor quality hardware, buggy software, and legions of unhappy users. They should've never tried to challenge Apple."
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    I went to a Sprint store around 12:30 pm on Sat. and of course they were sold out; no surprise. They said they weren't expecting another shipment until Fri.(?!?), but if I pre-paid, they'd have one sent out by Mon. or Tues., no charge on the shipping. Well, OK, since they aren't selling them online.

Unfortunately, as I read these forums and see all the hardware build quality problems and bugs people are reporting, I'm having a case of buyer's remorse before I even get the darn thing in my hands. While being an early adopter is always a chancy proposition, I'm really wondering if Palm is shooting themselves in the foot thanks to poor quality from the manufacturer.

It's be a darn shame, since any problems the iPhone has/had/have is always thrown down the Memory Hole while if everything gets 5 by 5 for the Pre within a couple of months, EVERY story will be, "Palm's launch was beset by poor quality hardware, buggy software, and legions of unhappy users. They should've never tried to challenge Apple."
    I have one, I can tell its just like any other first generation new devices. Like the iphone at day one was plagged by many things.

It really is a wonderful phone that will only get better as time goes by, just us early adopters have to weather a couple of problems.
    That's interesting. When I went to purchase mine from the local Sprint store (not owned by Sprint) at 8am Saturday and they told me they had pre-sold all their inventory but would get me one on Tuesday via overnight shipping. He said he would pay me cash for the $30 overnight fee that would be added to my bill as well as he would give me my choice of BT earpieces in the store free of charge for my inconvenience.

Sprint sent me an email yesterday saying my Pre had shipped, and according to the tracking number it's out for delivery today. We'll see if I get my $30 and free BT. I'm hoping to pick it up today, maybe over lunch if UPS delivers it in time.

I'm an upgrading user, and I don't think there is much greed on his part. I guess I got lucky.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12