Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I hate that: (coming from my instinct)

NO Visual Voicemail!

NO ability to mass text! (I want to mass text my new # to everyone)

NO spot for address in contact information

NO way to delete the extra contacts that were added by syncing
    facebook/gmail/aim

NO "checkin for traffic" or "summary of directions" in Sprint Nav

NO speed dial
    NO tip/unit calculator

I'm gonna have to think about this....

But on the other hand...love the slider,love the smoothness, love the apps, love multitasking..

HMMMMMM......
    NO way to can't make Tasks repeatable like in the old Palm OS
    NO way to sync Tasks
    NO way to sync Memos
    Quote Originally Posted by gut46 View Post
    I hate that:
    NO spot for address in contact information
    Well, I can eliminate one hate. Contact address is in there:

NO Visual Voicemail! I'm confident this will come soon, I personally only get about 1 voicemail per week anyway, so not a huge deal for me.

NO ability to mass text! (I want to mass text my new # to everyone) Understandable, I guess.

NO spot for address in contact information FALSE. It's in there, at least it is for me. It's under "Edit" when viewing a contact.

NO way to delete the extra contacts that were added by syncing
    facebook/gmail/aim FALSE. True, there is no mass delete, but if you edit the contact and delete all the info in the contact, it disappears. It's one at a time, but it is possible.

NO "checkin for traffic" or "summary of directions" in Sprint NavFALSE. When in navigavtion mode, tap at the bottom of the screen. A menu will pop up with these options.

NO speed dialMaybe so, but I really like the "Type the person's name to call them" in the phone app. You have to activate this, but I like it well. I hold use the phone open to talk anyway, since it's more comfortable, and hitting the first 2 letters of anyone's name finds them instantly while in the phone app. Maybe not perfect for you though, so understandable.

NO tip/unit calculator Will DEFINITELY come VERY soon, even if I have to program it myself. Maybe available in Classic now?

I'm gonna have to think about this....

But on the other hand...love the slider,love the smoothness, love the apps, love multitasking..

HMMMMMM......
    Responded. So maybe you hate it half as much now?
    NO tip/unit calculator
    If you wanted a tip calculator, you shoulda bought a Willard!

-n8
    It might not be the best soultion but for speed dials you can add specific contacts to the laucher and use one of the windows for just speed dials.
    NO speed dial
    Speed dial is available. Choose "Set Speed Dial" from the menu while viewing a contact.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I can solve another one for the OP. You can most definitely do a mass text. Go into messaging, start a new message, type in the first person you want, select them, start typing the next person you want, select them, etc... It's pretty simple.
    LOL, I think that's 5 out of 6. OP is gonna LOVE this phone!
    i hate that this phone is getting so many complaints and I hope that Palm/Sprint picks up on errors before I buy one in September, because God knows what/when the next good phone from Sprint will be.
    I hate that ever since the pre came out the threads on here and getting worse and worse LOL but kudos to creating this one! lol
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    All of these can be fixed with OTA updates and 3rd part apps.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    NO tip/unit calculator
    It's not that hard to multiple .15 x $x.xx in the normal calculator that's in there.
    1) I hate that there are reports of what appears to some potentially serious issues i.e. dead pixels, crashes etc. But, I'm reasonably comfortable that Palm will quickly address these and I take into consideration this 1.0 launch of new hardware and software platfoms.

2) However, I hate the fact that this board seems to have been infiltrated by Pre-haters (Apple fan boys?) that are taking every opportunity to play-up any/all reported issues, even more.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I find that a majority of the complaints on here are because people haven't taken the time to either read the user's manual posted on Palm's website (I realize 300+ pages is a bit to get through) or just figured it out by trial and error. Quite honestly, I'm ecstatic with this phone and enjoy the challenge of figuring out most of the things on my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaihawk View Post
    I find that a majority of the complaints on here are because people haven't taken the time to either read the user's manual posted on Palm's website (I realize 300+ pages is a bit to get through) or just figured it out by trial and error. Quite honestly, I'm ecstatic with this phone and enjoy the challenge of figuring out most of the things on my own.
    I agree, it's going to take well over 2 days to find your way around this phone. I've been tinkering with it since day one and I still find something new every time.
    I hate that when I say IM (as in Instant Message), autocorrect switches to I'm. I also hate that when I say ID (as in caller ID), it switches to I'd. I'm smart enough to actually type the word I mean, don't switch it on me damnit.

... Surprisingly that's the only thing I can think of that I hate about it.
    No yahoo messenger
    Calendar does not have an alarm
    As a fellow Instinct user - to get from a troubled 800 to the Pre... and I have had almost every other Treo made, I was somewhat suprised that the Pre was missing some real "neat" stuff...

VVM is a must if you've ever had it, it's hard to do without.

Call announce, neat too; and no I may not really "miss" it, but it is cool and should be on the Pre.

Voic Command... sure it will be offered as a third party app but there is no button for it.

Tactil feel when scrolling... again, just neat.

Two batteries, charger, multiple cables.

All in all, the pre is great device and the Instinct was a fun device, there really is no comparision but I would have really liked to see some "neat" (fun) stuff from the Instinct on the Pre.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Jon
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    you can't forward text messages either.. i mean every phone that has been released in the last 5+ years can do that.

there is also no LED notifications..so you always have to wake the phone up to check for any messages/calls/whatever which wastes more battery rather than simply looking at a LED light to inform you of the phone status. atleast an audible notifications (such as a BEEP every X minutes) to tell you there are missed events would have been sufficient.

some of these are such basic things that i wonder why they didn't include them.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast