Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I hate that every time I hit the back button while in contacts it sends me straight to the letter F. Also that when in my email, I am unable to switch to landscape mode, even though I can do it other places.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Given that there is a translation file in PalmOS, maybe you can find such a file on the Pre when it is a USB drive and make a change to it?
    Most of the system files are not visible in mass storage mode, there's multiple partitions. Basically all that's available in mass storage is audio, video, and pictures.
    I hate that when typeing in a case sensitive password, the first letter is always uppercase, with no really EASY way of it NOT doing that. Ive found work arounds, but they are annoying.

I hate that the keyboard really should have been horizontal, not verticle..

I hate that we were lied to about downloading music via the phone, (from amazon at least) you have to be on wifi, NOT phone..

Ive barely had PRE 24 hours, and for the most part its pretty cool, just a few really irritating things... so far..
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I hate that when typeing in a case sensitive password, the first letter is always uppercase, with no really EASY way of it NOT doing that. Ive found work arounds, but they are annoying.

I hate that the keyboard really should have been horizontal, not verticle..

I hate that we were lied to about downloading music via the phone, (from amazon at least) you have to be on wifi, NOT phone..

Ive barely had PRE 24 hours, and for the most part its pretty cool, just a few really irritating things... so far..
    1. It bothers you that the phone corrects punctuation errors?
    2. keyboard should have been horizantal? you knew that when u bought it!
    3.i dont care about this
    Quote Originally Posted by gut46 View Post
    I hate that: (coming from my instinct)

NO Visual Voicemail!

NO ability to mass text! (I want to mass text my new # to everyone)

NO spot for address in contact information

NO way to delete the extra contacts that were added by syncing
    facebook/gmail/aim

NO "checkin for traffic" or "summary of directions" in Sprint Nav

NO speed dial
    NO tip/unit calculator

I'm gonna have to think about this....

But on the other hand...love the slider,love the smoothness, love the apps, love multitasking..

HMMMMMM......
    Idk what your talking about for mass txting but its there just add more names to the list that your texting tooo... did it when I changed my number
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidminor03 View Post
    Idk what your talking about for mass txting but its there just add more names to the list that your texting tooo... did it when I changed my number
    I think what they mean is setting up group texting. On my 700P I was able to setup Groups like "Family" "Boyz", etc... If I sent a text to that group all the members would receive my text at once, no need to type out individual names that seems so archaic to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by IMethos View Post
    1. It bothers you that the phone corrects punctuation errors?
    NO, it bothers me that when I WANT the first letter of a Case Sensitive Password to be lower case, it ALWAYS enters is as UPPER CASE
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    NO, it bothers me that when I WANT the first letter of a Case Sensitive Password to be lower case, it ALWAYS enters is as UPPER CASE
    I just tried logging in at Cooks Illustrated. While it did auto-capitalize the first letter of my login name, it did not do so with my password. I wonder if it's something about the site you're visiting?

Either way, it's no big deal. After you hit the first letter and it auto-capitalizes it, just press backspace once. It'll turn it into lower-case.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Can you give an example? I have never had that problem with passwords. I just went to 5 sites that required passwords, and the first letter was always lowercase.

I am sure you probably know in most form fields, the first letter is uppercase - but just hit your back key one time and it reverts to lowercase. If your problem persists for passwords, try that.

kitster

P.S. one thing I can't stand is - there isn't an easy way to DELETE ALL in email TRASH folders. Does anyone know an easier way than just swiping each trash email to delete it?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I hate that I cannot set the screen to stay on indefinitely (Turn off after: Never). Nothing major, just a pet peeve since my Jesusphone used to do it.
    I hate how ppl discard reasonable complaints about the pre. Fact is the phone while good doesn't have the same built in features as palm centro and winmo. Pre needs a better video player, music player, better calendar, better task app, docs to go, voice recorder, video recoder, bluetooth file transfer, desktop sync software.
    NO Visual Voicemail!
    I expect it will come. Personally i have never used an instinct so I do not miss it.

NO spot for address in contact information
    Yes there is. Go to your contact and press EDIT. Scroll down. Past the phone numbers. Past the ringtone. Past the Email and IM address. See the spot that says "New Address"

NO way to delete the extra contacts that were added by syncing facebook/gmail/aim
    Are you saying you do not want any of that type, such as non of your facebook contacts, or that you want to only choose some of them? If you want to remove facebook or AIM, etc fromt he contact list Just open your contacts. At the top left hit the "contacts" button. Hit Preferences & Accounts. Now scroll down and select one of the accounts. You will see a big red button that says "Remove Account". That will remove that account from the contacts list.

That is also where you set your default account for new contacts. The only one you can't delete that i have run across is the Palm Profile one.

NO speed dial
    Actually there is. Bring up the contact you want to set to a speed dial. In the top left hit "Contacts" Choose "Set Speed Dial". Pick the number you want to have as a speed dial. Pick the speed dial entry you want to set it to.

To use the speed dial go to the home screen or card view. Open the keyboard and press and hold the button corresponding to the speed dial you want to call.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123