1.    #1  
    I am looking into getting the Pre (switching from my 700p) but I noticed that it doesn't currently support Video. Is that do to a hardware problem or a software problem? Does anyone know if this will be implemented in the future for the existing devices (aka firmware update)? I use the video SMS all the time with family. It would be tough to lose that feature. Thanks
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  2.    #2  
    seriously.. no one knows anything about video on this thing?
    It's been known for a while that this wouldn't have video recording at launch but would probably get it with an update later on along with things like Flash.
    My girlfriend told me I paid 300 dollars for a phone and it doesn't record video. She kind of right.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    My girlfriend told me I paid 300 dollars for a phone and it doesn't record video. She kind of right.
    Yes.. my feelings exactly.. I feel that recording video is a very basic function that every phone over x dollars should have.. I use video all the time to send videos of my 1 yr old to our extended family. I would hate to lose this feature. I still want the pre but would like to know when it is on the roadmap. I assumed it was just a software issue and that it would be coming at some point.. but you know what they say about "assuming".......
    Video hasn't been talked about much. Even reviewers kinda go blah about it regarding the player app. You would think that Palm would anticipate that Apple is going to rekindle interest in that as that will be their focus.

Just a bit surprised is all..