Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I just did a data transfer from my old Centro to the Pre. Now all my contact phone number(in the phone app.) are duplicated. How do I erase the duplicates?

Thanks, Justin
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    anyone?
    Should they not synergize away?
    You dont really need to delete them

I had alot of duplicates, some had emails while others had #s and other contact info and some were just from facebook, just click that contact, andthen click the name again when youre in that contact page, and then go to link, and then click the other entry, and it just combines them
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    The duplicates are in the phone app, not the contacts app. They aren't duplicated in the contacts app., just where you can click on a number and it will dial. Can I get rid of those duplicates?

Thanks, Justin
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgassaway View Post
    The duplicates are in the phone app, not the contacts app. They aren't duplicated in the contacts app., just where you can click on a number and it will dial. Can I get rid of those duplicates?

Thanks, Justin
    Yes, but the duplicates are getting synched with Google too.
    don't try to delete them - that's all part of the beauty of synergy. you get extra contacts and twice as many friends, family, and business associates!
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    don't try to delete them - that's all part of the beauty of synergy. you get extra contacts and twice as many friends, family, and business associates!
    haha.. its just another bug they need to fix.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    My Centro to Pre transfer was a total failure. Strangely it transferred over all my data from about a year ago instead of current data. So I'm having to manually re-create the entire past year. There was about 100 contact entries of people (email only) I don't know and have never heard of. I had to delete all of those contacts. I also had duplicates all over my phone/email and contact databases. Sometimes I would get like 10 entries of the same person. I would open each one and find it only contained one number - like the mobile number. Then the next would be their email. Then the next would be their home number, then the next would be their work number. You get the idea. A bunch of contact info went missing as well. It might contain something like their email address, but everything else was missing. Birthdays pretty much got wiped out. Any contact memo's disappeared or were double posted.

My calendar was all screwed up as well. I have weekly reminders that were all moved up 1 day. I opened the tasks to edit and found everything was as it should be. It transferred the info correctly but it shows up on the calendar one day earlier! I had to manually delete all those reminders and re-enter them. A bunch of stuff disappeared into never-never-land as well. And like I said earlier, I lost a whole year of info.

But the wierdest part is I got a bunch of my wife's business contacts in my contact database during the transfer!!! WTF??? Sure she's on my account with a different phone number (1 digit different), but she has her own computer to sync her own Centro. I have no clue or explanation how that could have happened. That info isn't in my Centro or Palm Desktop. FREAKY!!!

I didn't even go into ALL the problems I uncovered from the disasterous transfer. And as I try to clean everything up, I'm still encountering new problems as I uncover them.

Beware of the transfer!
    Last edited by k1dude; 06/10/2009 at 01:53 PM.