1.    #1  
    I ended up with 100's of messed up contacts when I exported the Palm Desktop .csv file to Google. Most of the contacts have all the information (like phone numbers and addresses) in the "notes" field. This makes dialing those contacts a HUGE pita.

As far as I can tell the Pre doesn't have different synch options, so when I delete the bogus contacts from Google they get synched back from the phone.

Is there a process for deleting contacts from the phone and other sources (palm profile, Google...or whereever else they hide?) Is there a way to select all the contacts on the phone and delete them?
    I know I got a bunch of contacts that I didn't want with AIM - I removed the AIM account, and it removed those contacts. I assume the same would happen if you remove the account that it listed when you imported... I don't know since I don't have Palm Desktop.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper405 View Post
    I know I got a bunch of contacts that I didn't want with AIM - I removed the AIM account, and it removed those contacts. I assume the same would happen if you remove the account that it listed when you imported... I don't know since I don't have Palm Desktop.
    Thanks. Removing the Google account removed all the contacts. Now I can fix them in Google and try again.