Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know how many Pres Sprint/Palm sold this weekend???
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    everywhere seems to be out of stock... and they said that about 150,000 would be available, so I'd figure in the 100,000 range... Instinct was about 70,000 the first week...
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Anyone know how many Pres Sprint/Palm sold this weekend???
    46 at the Legacy Village store in Cleveland, Ohio.
    I think this was a successful launch for sprint and palm.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    yeah i think virtually everywhere is sold out so however many produced were sold.... that is the question how many were in the initial shipments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    I think this was a successful launch for sprint and palm.
    They need more phones; selling out the first day because of shortage is not good business.
    I heard that there were less than 60k available in the Sprint retail channel on Saturday. Most of those sold with a few thousand left over that were thought to be spoken for already but not sold that day. Add in Sprint third party stores, Best Buy and Radio Shack and I believe we still have less than 150k.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    They need more phones; selling out the first day because of shortage is not good business.
    Actually, it is considered good business practice to roll out in small quantities. This allows them to fix bugs with each successive rollout. Obviously, it would be better to be released bug-free, but this is the next best thing.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    We need to account for people who bought it and want to return it. Either they didn't like it or had no intention of keeping it... a free trial/rental of sorts.
    Global Posts
    20,078 Global Posts
    You also have to subtract the amount returned.

I got mine.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I think there are a lot of people like me who are going to wait for the Apple on Tuesday now. They could've kept me from doing so by having more Pres available.

I don't know the ins and outs about producing a phone. But the hardware seemed done in January. That's a long time to start production.
    I don't know how many were available where I live, but I called around yesterday and they were all sold out. I'm glad that I was able to get one. Now if I can just get a touchstone.
    Every Sprint Store in my area (So. Cal.) are sold out. I haven't checked Best Buy or Radio Shack but I'm pretty sure those are sold out too.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    I don't know the ins and outs about producing a phone. But the hardware seemed done in January. That's a long time to start production.
    I used to program embedded systems. Designers try to shift as much of the work into software as possible, leaving the hardware with as little responsibility as possible. Software is easier to change. But software gets big and complex fast. I'm surprised they did just this much in two years.
    mentor sprint store had 52 in stock at open, i was lucky enough to snag 8th in line. I called back for a touchstone at 4pm and the rep i dealt with said they sold out of 52 phones at around 2pm.
    34,976 Pres have downloaded Pandora, the most popular app. If only we can find out how many users use the app store we could be on to something.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevelandrocker View Post
    Wasn't it something like 300,000 for the whole US? That covered BB, RS, and Sprint corporate?
    How many did they sell? All of them
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Seriously it is important to know how many really sold.

And whilst I don't profess to be a marketing expert I would question the statement from
    Disaster who said...

"Actually, it is considered good business practice to roll out in small quantities. This allows them to fix bugs with each successive rollout. Obviously, it would be better to be released bug-free, but this is the next best thing.

So are you saying that they will not roll out anymore until they release fixes ! Don't be silly. That would take too long. Also there must be stock already being shipped or in storage. They won't be holding those up before they ship them.

Also I fundamentally disagree that p*ssing off customers who stood in line only to be told they didn't have enough to serve the small lines of folk at each store is good practice. These folk will go away with a less than good experience and that is what it is all about at the end of the day.

Again I am not a marketing expert so if someone can educate me why disaster might be right I'd appreciate a marketing savvy person to speak up because it makes no sense to me.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast