Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    If they only made 150,000 (where did I read that?) That's pretty decent...
    I believe they made 500,000

but could only use 150,000 of them due to manufacturing issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post

*rimshot*

Ok, I giggled.
    Nice, go palm!
    Frankly I'm a bit disappointed. Was hoping for 200-300K the first couple days. Sounds like the manufacturing issues are pretty severe.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Does this include the returned/exchanged units?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Kupe is right. If the signal issues aren't dealt with soon, how many of the 150,000 will be returned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post

no- they wanted to make 500k but could only get 150k.

Palm Pixie Is Real, But May Never Come To Market
    Great news! now lets get that number up to 1 million
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Anybody know if you return your Pre, will you be able to purchase again in 4-6 months once they work out the kinks, I was a new line activation on my spouses Sprint account. Major issue for me is network signal (constantly have dropped calls) other than that, I'm loving the Pre. And of course I mean re-purchase under the same terms $199 with 2 year contract, or is that a one time offer.
    Hi all of you lucky Sprint users, that you could get yoru hands on a Pre! I am with V and will wait and see what the difference is between the 2 companies versions of the Pre, before I dedcide what to do.

In the meantime, does anyone have any idea how many Pre have been sold so far???
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    probably only around 120,000 so far. It's not known whether Verizon is getting the "PALM PRE". Sprint/Palm exclusivity is still not known. For all we know, it could end up being 2 years.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    No one (except Sprint and Palm) know for sure but most analysts have said over 100k. My question is how many WOULD palm have sold if they would have had the supply to meet the demand? I know every sprint store in my area still has loooooooooong *** waiting lists.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I put myself on the waitlist on the 9th and just got my pre today. Things are slow going. I wonder how long it will take to cycle through the 1st months worth of waitlisters.
    So far, I've been on the waiting list a full week for my second line upgrade. It's ridiculous that the supply isn't there for such a popular event
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I've counted 176,294 so far. That's sold to consumers, not shipped to stores.
    It's gotta be well over 100K. Most estimated the the first weekend.
    Sprint store are getting a few each day and they sell as soon as they arrive.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Palm is having a quarterly investor conf. call on Thursday at 4 PM ET. The how many pres sold will be question #1 on the analysts agenda in that call.

No pass code needed to call in in listen mode, let us know what you find out: MarketWatch.com Story
    heh, and Apple sold 1 million 3GS's this weekend...

Come on Palm, you need it!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    The main reason for the short supply is that Palm wasn't supposed to release the phone till the 29th of June. At my store the original story was May 15th but if supplies were short it would be June 29th. Looks like they split it halfway and just decided to suck up the shortages.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    The number of iPhones relative to Pres seems to be largely irrelevant considering they're on different carriers for the time being. Palm doesn't need to be competitive with the iPhone at this particular juncture, nor should they be expected to be. They just need to solidify the platform, work out the kinks and get the developer stuff rolling. Releasing on Verizon and to a lesser extent AT&T early next year is going to be instrumental as well (if Sprint has Palm locked much longer then through the end of 2009, I wouldn't be very confident in Palm's future). Apparently Apple can add a few features every year and sell millions of phones. Good for them.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast