1.    #1  
    I'm probably the only person on the planet who actually uses this, but if someone can, please help....

Even though these are active on my Google Calendar, they don't push to Pre.

I tried to work around by logging into the Google tasks on the web -- which used to display fine on my 680 (just uber-slowly), but I cannot it. Google does not seem to think I am on a mobile browser and I just get an info page. When I try to load it from my online Google calendar (which looks great btw), it takes me back to the same info page.

I tried to text myself from Google mobile thinking it needs to see the device (although it didn't for calendar) -- the text was never received.

Ideas?
    Google Tasks is so new that it's not part of the API for syncing yet.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks....
    Yeah, I also use these tasks but Google just recently added them. I'm hoping to see it sync with the Pre tasks app in the future.
    Did you try going directly to http://gmail.com/tasks?
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Did you try going directly to Tasks in Labs?
    it doesn't recognize the pre as being a mobile browser, and just gives you the page telling you to view it with your mobile browser :-/
  7.    #7  
    I tried both things....you just get sent back to the same info page.

I never thought a single web-oriented thing on the 680 would be better.

I suspect that google is not recognizing the browser as mobile for the tasks application?
    Last edited by dianagr; 06/07/2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: because spelling counts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    I tried both things....you just get sent back to the same info page.

I never thought a single web-oriented thing on the 680 would be better.

I suspect that google is not recognizing the browser as mobile for the tasks application?
    I don't have the phone yet but I find that strange because doesn't it recognize it as mobile when you go to Google Reader? I would figure Tasks would be the same. Hopefully Google will fix that cause I was planning on using mobile Google Tasks until the Tasks app does syncing.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
  9.    #9  
    OK, a VERY compromise work-around.

Go to Google in the browser. At the main google screen select "classic" as opposed to the default "mobile."

You should already be logged into your google account but if not, you can blow the screen up & do so. Then go to your calendar -- the task window will be there but it will be empty; however, if you have the tasks selected as visible in your calendar, you will see the colored bar with the task at the top of the day.

If you are in day (versus week) mode and you will see the first line of each task -- clickable numbers and all.

This is starting to hurt my brain a bit....
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    I don't have the phone yet but I find that strange because doesn't it recognize it as mobile when you go to Google Reader? I would figure Tasks would be the same. Hopefully Google will fix that cause I was planning on using mobile Google Tasks until the Tasks app does syncing.
    actually, it loads up the desktop version of google reader as well.