1.    #1  
    Anyone that reads Gizmodo, Consumerist or any of those blogs knows how reply comments are shown as a + and to read them you click it and they appear. I was really surprised that the Pre could do that without reloading. It also posted my quick reply without reloading the page, it just appeared. Same for drop down menus.

I don't know if the iPhone does this but I'm really impressed by it.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Anyone that reads Gizmodo, Consumerist or any of those blogs knows how reply comments are shown as a + and to read them you click it and they appear. I was really surprised that the Pre could do that without reloading. It also posted my quick reply without reloading the page, it just appeared. Same for drop down menus.

I don't know if the iPhone does this but I'm really impressed by it.
    Yeah, that is what you get when you have a real browser. I would assume the iPhone can do the same, as would any webkit-based browser (opera too probably).

And one of the main attractions for those phones.
  3.    #3  
    Cool. I was really surprised because Opera Mini didn't so this.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan likes the pre View Post
    Cool. I was really surprised because Opera Mini didn't so this.
    Opera Mini isn't a real browser - it does server-side processing of the web page and sends back a highly compressed version of the page. So what you get is a limited javascript support on the phone as it does most of the work on the server.