Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Where's the Tip calculator?

Port from Instinct, I used this thing all the time.
    HTC EVO 4G
    Treo 700w > Blackberry 8830 > Instinct > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G
    Why not just use the calculator that came with the phone? All you do is multiply the price of the meal by how ever much you want to tip (20%=0.2).
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_000 View Post
    Why not just use the calculator that came with the phone? All you do is multiply the price of the meal by how ever much you want to tip (20%=0.2).
    I am lazy and want it to also figure out how much each person should pay.
    HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscott View Post
    Just don't tip :-D.
    Then hit divided by N where N = number of persons in your group.

9th grade math.
    If you can't figure out a tip and who owes what then maybe you ought not have a smartphone.
    Bill Total x 1.(percent of tip) / N (as stated above) = amount of cost per person with Tip included.

thought I would just make it uber easy for you.
    Eat in restaurants that already include gratuity like the rest of us early adopters...
    ETUTREO300
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I have decided not to tip and get my friends to buy me lunch! Problem solved!
    HTC EVO 4G
    Where's the Tip calculator?

Port from Instinct, I used this thing all the time.
    Dude, calculating 15% or 20% tips is trivial to do in your head. It would take me longer to open my pre, start the app, type in the numbers and calculate than for me to do in my head.

Let's see, I think I learned to multiply in 2nd grade. Fractions in 4th grade.
    Here is a good tip. It is $.75 per $5.
    It is also $3 per $20 you spend.

I tip $3 from $10 to $20 anyway.

ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    I guess iPhone app store is filled with this sort of apps then, lol

somebody will make it, if there isn't one in 3 months, I will make one for you.
    Move the decimal to the right one place. Multiply that by two. Done.
    Dudes, dudes! Yes it's very easy to figure out, especially with practice and especially with a calculator. But if he wants a tip calculator he should have one pretty soon I say. Some phones out there have tens of thousands of apps one of which probably scratches your crotch while you watch television ("there's an app for that") and all kinds of brainless stuff. Just sayin', it's not too much to ask for.
    I think a big point here is that it is something fairly simple and could have easily been built into the included calculator, like it is with the Instinct. The Instinct also has a unit convertor in it's calculator. Neither are needed per say, but they are nice to have just in case.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    the person that invited the crew out to eat should be the one to pay.

i'd never go out with a person inclined to split a damn tip!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockethead View Post
    Dudes, dudes! Yes it's very easy to figure out, especially with practice and especially with a calculator. But if he wants a tip calculator he should have one pretty soon I say. Some phones out there have tens of thousands of apps one of which probably scratches your crotch while you watch television ("there's an app for that") and all kinds of brainless stuff. Just sayin', it's not too much to ask for.
    Not too much to ask for. I def agree. However, it is too much to expect to be on the phone at purchase (anybody do his homework before buying -- If not, hope he learned a lesson). Also, since we all knew that the app catalog is beta and only a few developers have gotten the API so far, it's even a bit to ***** about two days after release. I'm sure the most brainless of apps will be available before long. But the level of complaining about this stuff is really rediculous.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post

Bookmark it, then move the bookmark to the launcher as a "dedicated app".

Next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprockethead View Post
    Apps like this are useful. We are just having fun! ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!