Page 1 of 59 1234561151 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    YouTube - Pre connection issues.

This is just unacceptable, Even though my BB Curve and previous phones use to get GREAT EVDO connection in my house, Palm Pre seems to be buggy and switches to 1X for no bloody reason! - its going back on Monday, oh how i would of loved to of kept the phone, but its just not practical.
    I use WiFi when I'm at home myself, but hey, if it doesn't work for you, by all means take it back. Sounds like you've given it a fair comparison vs. another Sprint device. You sure you don't want to stick it out and wait for the next firmware revision?
    Verizon
    You have 28 days to give it an update/chance...
    How much do you want for it?
    If it doesn't work than you should of course pick a phone that works in your area. I had good reception and data for the Curve and Instinct at my house and the Pre is no different, but that's my personal experience. You decide what to do based on yours.
    did you try wifi?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I suppose i can wait a bit, till the next firmware release, hoping its soon, but how would Palm/Sprint release a phone with such network problems - its not like this issue occurs rarely, its rather often. I shall wait a week and then return it, i can always repurchase it after all the network issues are sorted out, anyone else noticing this on their pre?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Don't own a WIFI router.
    Im returning mine, there are a few issues that I cant get over with.The main thing is not being able too tether.There are a few other issues as well. But mine is going back this week.The pre maybe for some people, and not for others. Im not knocking it. its just not for me
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I would argue that you'd have a better data experience with the Pre in your home if you spent $30 on a Wi-Fi router. Not to mention, if/when you get a laptop computer, you'll enjoy the freedom of using it on the kitchen table or on the sofa while connected via Wi-Fi!
    As others have said, the updates will be forthcoming. I've already gone from webOS 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 within the first 24 hours!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    nsx, I just upgraded my router to N from G because of a new laptop I got...I have a Linksys G router just sitting here going to waste, if you want shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to send to you, I just need to find the CD it came with. Let me know if you're interested.
    If you're gonna stay with Sprint, looks like Touch Pro 2 is the best way to go.
    try other apps, email? youtube?

try poweroff:
    hold power button for couple seconds and choose red "turn off" and turn on it again.

If no help, return it!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    A router is beside the point, i would want my EVDO to work properly when i am away from the house as well, i use Google maps, etc on the go.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iphony View Post
    try other apps, email? youtube?

try poweroff:
    hold power button for couple seconds and choose red "turn off" and turn on it again.

If no help, return it!
    Can Sprint provision the phone again or something? i've done PRL updates and Network updates, nothing seems to work, running 1.0.2
    Wow really? Since I got my phone yesterday morning, I think I saw the 1x icon maybe once for only a few seconds. And I live in a basement apartment.
    You don't need a cd for a linksys
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripple_sinner View Post
    Im returning mine, there are a few issues that I cant get over with.The main thing is not being able too tether.There are a few other issues as well. But mine is going back this week.The pre maybe for some people, and not for others. Im not knocking it. its just not for me
    Did you not do any research before buying it to check if it supports tethering OTB? That's really your own fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripple_sinner View Post
    The main thing is not being able to tether....
    Isn't this like buying a Corvette and complaining that your main issue is that you can't carry around your family of 6?
    For the OP, I'd try calling up Sprint first, getting a replacement. I've had absolutely no issue staying connected to EVDO, so maybe a replacement would fix your issues.
Page 1 of 59 1234561151 ... LastLast