Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859
Results 1,161 to 1,175 of 1175
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    let me play you some music from the worlds smallest violin....

what's the point, everyone already knew about the hardware, what did you expect....
    Nobody KNEW about the hardware. It was expected to be fixed with a few bad apples in the manufacturing ramp. Now unfortunately we've found out that it's more than norm than it is the rare exception. It's disappointing.

The official App from Att Saying THEY SUCK big HAiry Donkey Balls

Mark the Spot iPhone App Tells AT&T Where They Suck - At&t
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsedated View Post
    Nobody KNEW about the hardware. It was expected to be fixed with a few bad apples in the manufacturing ramp. Now unfortunately we've found out that it's more than norm than it is the rare exception. It's disappointing.
    Bull. Well over 1,000,000 units sold now. I challenge you to find a report that says 500,001 of them are defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamsedated View Post
    Really? The norm? Do you know what that means? Even in this forum, which is quite complainer-heavy, people with hardware problems are in the minority.

p.s. I finally got my first Treo under my name. Took me almost 4 years to get my 1000th post...only took DBD like 5 days.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I left the Pre because I missed the iPhone and all of those apps. I wasn't all that crazy about the slide-out keyboard, and the virtual keyboard really was bad. If Palm came out with an iPhone-like device (larger screen, good working virtual keyboard) with webOS, I would give it another shot. I did really like the multitasking on the Pre.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    ahhh yess..............i am also dreaming of a bigger screen, and a better selection of applications.............for some reason apps like scan code just dont do it for me.............................
    But..... But.... But .... what happened to nsxla?? Is he/she happy ? Are there still people in here talking about how they are not using the pre anymore? Move on, go away (in case there are)
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Folks need to understand that the so called other "Solid" phone , the HTC Hero has issues too. Pre keyboard has issues , but it works just fine. I know few folks who have no issues with their launch day Pre. Having read the OREO effect, I believe the forum members are stress testing the phone for no other reasons but to see if it breaks or not.

Check the image

and

check the androidcentral at
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...o-peeling.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yeah people wining should move on out of this thread. Id never give up this phone. My first initial launch phone was impecabble build quality but i fried it testing out those overclocking patches on accident. The next one i got was a terd build quality wise. My 3rd though is really solid. No oreo and ive even dropped it a few times. It seems to be getting better through builds. This is pretty much the case for a lot of phones. Id say HTC is probably the best now for build quality. What would really be tight is if webOS started popping into some HTC phones. Could you imagine build quality like touch pro 2 with webOS. that would be so hard. Damn palm spread your OS around. Ill buy anything you put on it.

Bring on 1.4!!!!
    the hero is the magic running a processor hogging sense UI over android 1.5. Basically same insides + heavier processor requirements = rubbish.

I'm sticking with Palm because webOS has the potential to be a serious game changer and it's an exciting experience on the pre with developers swooning over how easy it is to develop apps for, we're looking at an app catalog of over 1,300 apps in record time and growing. For the first webOS handset on the market, this outshines it's cuter follow up and holds its own in a market super saturated with devices. I say their overdrawn exclusivity with Sprint was unfortunate, but now that webOS is extending beyond the limits of a single carrier, who knows? Maybe their absence at MWC was due to their developing new faster, sexier handsets. Imagine webOS running on a larger capacitative touchscreen, with something obscenely fast inside, maybe a qualcomm snapdragon 1GHz processor & SanDisk's 64GB iNAND embedded flash? A guy can dream right? Jon Rubenstein is always talking about the scalability of webOS, let's go for massive scale! But yeah, aside from that, I'm very, very happy with my Pre.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Would love to see a summary of this thread. Can't read all 60 pages tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    The multi-tasking ability seems negated by the memory leaks people are having. Shame there isn't a Windows style a task manager app, then people could see which apps were leaking memory.
    There still isn't one, but there is a terminal and you could use the linux commands to find the same information. In theory someone should be able to write a GUI app that gives this information, but I haven't seen one yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C View Post
    I never used Google calendar before and am not syncing to it right now. Does anyone know if you can create reoccuring tasks on it? If so, maybe when the Pre syncs with it periodically, Google will see a task closed and then automatically create a new one as per the reoccuring specification the user made in Google map. Am going to create a Google account and try.
    I haven't had the problem you are having creating recurring tasks on the Pre calendar, so maybe this is something that was fixed before I got it. But yes, Google calendar has recurring tasks, too. It doesn't work the way you say (i don't see the sense in having it delete and recreate events ???). What it does is the same as every other Calendar I have used; when you create an event that happens regularly it puts that even on every day it occurs at the times it occurs on. If you change the event you get the option of changing that occurance or all occurances.
    it might also help to update your Network settings and PRL. You do this by opening the phone application, then using the pulldown menu select preferencs. Scroll to the bottom and select update network settings, and update PRL.

I'd have to do a search, but i also vaguely remember somethign about being able to turn off the 1x data mode that basically forces the phone into an all or nothing state of Ev data, but in an area that really does have the Ev coverage it prevents the phone from falling back to 1x for no reason.

Wifi does work great though.
Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859