Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1175
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Hey everybody give Derek a big hug.
    1st phone still and loving it. As far as you going for the Pixi..... you won't. You will just drift away to something else and I hope not but I get the feeling you still won't be happy. cya
    I am so ****ed at Palm, my launch day pre is so boring, it just performs beautifully everyday, non of the keywords (dead pixels, oreo effect, dead wifi, etc.) is happening to my phone. How am I ever going to be able to give a sobbing farewell speech?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have to say... I've had my PRE from day 1 and it only gets better with every update and patch... So when I hear about those that have gone through 4,5,6 phones.. makes me wonder..WHAT THE HELL R U DOING WITH YOUR PHONES?!!! (with L.O.V.E :0)
    Quote Originally Posted by spidemon View Post
    I have to say... I've had my PRE from day 1 and it only gets better with every update and patch... So when I hear about those that have gone through 4,5,6 phones.. makes me wonder..WHAT THE HELL R U DOING WITH YOUR PHONES?!!! (with L.O.V.E :0)
    Same thing im wondering. I still have my launch day Pre. I also have my launch day 20gig 360 as well = - ). I wonder if people are just to ******** to handle electronics sometimes.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    You'll be back.

And we'll be here to welcome you.

Happy New Year!
    I don't understand what compels people to write goodbye threads.... oh well. adios
    This signature for rent
    I feel like we hardly got to know each other, I know its not my fault, by that dosent make it any easier. I hope someday we can be back together, I'll always miss the way you knew how to make me smile. Not saying good bye...just till next time???
    I think they like the attention. I'm on my 2nd pre, just because my first one had a dead pixel. No problems with this one. I like the tags that are on this thread: 'another goodbye thread, never happy, whiner'. Nice!
    7 Pres is nothing.

I'm on ten and very excited about webOS, keep it coming, Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    I don't understand what compels people to write goodbye threads.... oh well. adios
    Or what compels people to respond back to them saying goodbye.
    Last edited by danman_6; 12/30/2009 at 01:26 PM. Reason: happy faish! lol
    I've not had any problems with my Pre, but everytime I hear about this, I keep thinking...

What if everything I have had the same "problem".

I'd be driving a 2010 car instead of a 2005 model.
    My laptop computer wouldn't be 1.5 years old
    My HDTV would be one of the newer models, instead of a year old
    My wife would ... oops, better not go there, she just got a Pixi, she might be reading this.

Seriously, I relaize it's a bit of a hassle, but if I were on my 3rd or 4th, and still wanted to keep it, I'd be on a first name basis with the guys at Sprint, and we'd have a "system" worked out.

Hey Joe, I'm back, got another one
    No prob mon, it's waiting for you under the counter.
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    Oh, and on a side note, the Xbox 360 can suck it, mine went an did the RROD, and its because Microsoft is cheap and produced a poor quality product.
    I hate to mess up a totally serious, compelling, and refreshingly new thread; but I'm not really into console gaming. Exactly how does that work?

Not going to try or anything (don't even have one... an Xbox 360 that is), was just wondering....
    what?! big deal? where?! i love deals!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    The guy was just being friendly, what's the big damn deal? His OP was really thankful to us. You guys are really getting bad, lol. I thought I was bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Nothing much. Just a bunch of immature people, once again, showing their true colors.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I purchased my Pre 4 days after the release date, on June 10. I didn't *need* the Pre as my work already provides me with an older BlackBerry for basic email/text/phone needs. But I wanted a new smartphone as I grew jealous of my wife's iPod 3gs.

There is a whole lot that Palm got right with this phone - the form factor, the "card" system, WebOS, and the swiping gestures. And Sprint's service is unmatched, IMHO (my BlackBerry is also on Sprint) as I don't have half the dropped calls as my wife does with AT&T.

But the Pre was a handicapped phone from the get go, and Palm's promises to "make it right" over the last several months have made me go from hopeful to anxious to indifferent.

I've terminated my Pre service as of Janaury 5. The reason for doing so is do to a list of minor annoyances and major grievances, as follows:

minor annoyances: a keyboard who's keys are mushy and offer little tactile feedback; an app catalog that is absolutely flush with worthless games and far too short on the truly useful apps like Pandora, Where, etc; contact syncing with gmail and facebook that is maddeningly static and doesn't allow for removal of individual contacts from the Pre; clumsy Bluetooth integration with my car (BMW), something that neither my BlackBerry nor an iPhone has trouble with; swiping cards off the screen only to have them pop back for some reason; inability to remove unwanted apps (I live in Kansas but that doesn't mean I watch hillbilly NASCAR)

major grievances embarrassing, unforgivably bad phone application. Constant UI lock-ups and freezes as I am unable to swipe old messages and missed calls off my toolbar. Pitiful Sprint Navigation app that can never find my location (yet Google Maps *ALWAYS* can). Countless firmware updates that fix NOTHING of consequence. Terribly clumsy Sound/Ringer settings that makes it a real chore to assign custom ringers/tones for text messages, rings.

I want to point out that all my system updates were successful, I often did a "Full Erase" of my Pre to keep it clean and fast. I almost never tried to have more than one application open at a time - so I am not using it in an unusual manner; certainly no different than the average Pre consumer.

The fact is: the phone could have been a contender. On paper, it is spectacular. In reality, it's a dog. I'm not sure if people here have had the chance to use other smartphones with the ARM 600mhz processor (iPhone 3gs, etc)...but if you saw at just how much quicker and snappier navigation is on the Apple phone, you would be shocked. I know I was.

What stinks is that there isn't a phone out there that it is much better...all of the competition have their own flaws. As fast as the iPhone is, I refuse to use the garbage AT&T network. And the Droid? Junk. It's just maybe I can live with their flaws better than I can live with the Pre's.

And as for everybody reading this, I would take all that energy spent on jailbreaking, trying to customize the phone to make it work the way you want it and instead focus it on communicating with Palm directly and getting them to integrate these changes. It's like rigging up increasingly nice strollers to push around a lazy infant instead of kicking the damn thing from underneath them and telling them to learn to walk. You're NOT helping them in the long run.
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Okay guys,
    let's try this again.

Sure, we don't need every person leaving the Pre, starting a new thread.
    Just like we don't need a new thread for every issue.
    It clutters the forums, and makes things difficult to find.

But we don't need a bunch of hawks swooping in to crap on someone every time a new 'I'm Leaving' thread is created.

The mods try and keep similar threads on similar issues consolidated.
    I'll try and keep any new 'I'm Leaving' threads merged.
    Like I said; we don't need every member leaving the Pre starting a new thread - they can post it here.

So, if you'd like to help, rather than make personal attacks on those leaving, report the post and ask that a mod merge it with this thread.

Thanks,
    -Berd
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I hate to mess up a totally serious, compelling, and refreshingly new thread; but I'm not really into console gaming. Exactly how does that work?

Not going to try or anything (don't even have one... an Xbox 360 that is), was just wondering....

Under extreme heat (ie: the normal GPU temps under load) the PCB where the surface-mounted chip would flex over time (pulled by the tension of the cooling system). The RROD error was a result of the flex combined with the heat - the normal solder flow that occurs during operation would fill the gaps introduced by the flex and nolonger complete the circuits for the pins.

The fix is pretty simple and really just involves better bracing against the tension of the existing heat sink (DIY fixes involve installing some washer to re-tension the existing backing, then wrapping in a towel while on to heat the unit enough to reflow the solder). No actual hardware is damaged so it's nothing like MS has to 1:1 replace each 360, but whether it was a design flaw or poor manufacturing tolerances, who knows. But every 360 ever made up until a revision change in late 2008ish? will eventually suffer from it once the hardware hit's that certain stressed level.

Fortunately, MS has done a good thing and is fixing every system free of charge.