Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1175
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    LOL ... one of the first honest responses I've seen from the folks who "leave". Palm has actually staked out a nice chunk of middle-ground IMO. A little bit of Blackberry, a little bit of iPhone, a little bit of Android. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.
    And I have to admit, I really don't think the Pre's going to appeal much to the under-20 crowd until hardcore gaming is enabled. Now the Pixi, on the other hand, might, just because of the name (!) and the lower cost; then again, it doesn't have wifi, and that's probably on the younger shopper's list. Hmmm...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesolivarez View Post
    ive decieded ive givin palm time to convience me that staying with the pre will be worth something. but tomorrow im going to best buy to switch the the htc hero. hopefully i made a good choice.

-goodbye palm pre
    Some comparisons in this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/cr...ar-winner.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Burazun View Post
    From my personal experience with Palm's new WebOS platform; I'd say keep the Palm Pre. Buy an iTouch for apps - fun and games. Enjoy pros of both worlds.
    i got an i touch, but i just dont want to be carring around two devices all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    If at 17 I had the luxury of switching around (relatively) expensive devices like this, I'd take advantage of it as well. Can't really blame you in this regard... With gadgets as with girls*, at your age, I suppose.

*Big assumption there, substitute with whatever floats your boat.
    haha true
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz Al Ghoul View Post
    I had the Hero for a week and that was a week too long, I promptly came back to my Pre and haven't look back since. I had a G1 and a myTouch and they both sucked compared to the immature OS of the Pre.

People need to realize that Android is NOT what it is cracked up to be. It is unpolished, buggy and very slow not to mention plagued with memory leak issues. The OS is not intuitive, not to mention poorly designed and quite ugly.

People need to stop being little *****es and give the Pre and Palm a fighting chance. If everyone jumps ship this early in the game all we will be stuck with is Apple, Windows and Android. In my opinion Palm and the Pre is truly an innovative fresh piece of tech.

DON'T BUY INTO THE HYPE!!!
    I actually agree with this, for those who wonder why I don't buy another device. I want Palm to succeed because the alternatives are worse.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesolivarez View Post
    i got an i touch, but i just dont want to be carring around two devices all the time
    Well.. if your enjoyment is that important; then personally I don't see that too much of an obstacle. Do as you wish.. from my experience though; I believe it's more of my addiction speaking .. but, Palm's WebOS is pretty sweet. It's like watching Angelina Jolie age without actual numbers.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hey all,

I really like this community and the information that it spreads but I can no longer deal with my Pre. I've had 6 units with hardware failures, dead wifi, dead gps, pixels dropping out, oreo so bad my phone was almost going sideways, etc... etc... If Palm only made some decent hardware I'd be a big fan, but 7 is to much so it's time to move over to android. Wish you all well and happy holidays.....

Derek
    Quote Originally Posted by derekjd View Post
    Hey all,

I really like this community and the information that it spreads but I can no longer deal with my Pre. I've had 6 units with hardware failures, dead wifi, dead gps, pixels dropping out, oreo so bad my phone was almost going sideways, etc... etc... If Palm only made some decent hardware I'd be a big fan, but 7 is to much so it's time to move over to android. Wish you all well and happy holidays.....

Derek
    Understandable.
    Later.
    im crying because u leaving :'(!!!! lol
    See you.

Tell us about your android phone.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    My parents, my wife, and I are all on our first Pres and they are solid. I had mine since launch.

I guess I wonder are we really lucky or are you really unlucky?

6 Pres....
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    im crying because u leaving :'(!!!! lol
    how old are you?
    Bye Bye
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    See you.

Tell us about your android phone.
    Over at android central he means!
    Quote Originally Posted by derekjd View Post
    Hey all,

Derek
    One word.. Pixi

Think about it
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I set my pre on top of my droid and pretend it has webos!!

Now I have great hardware and the greatest O/S
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    One word.. Pixi

Think about it
    Gotta say, yeah! All the OS benefits, none of the hardware issues, sleek, sexy. powerful. Got one for my dad for Hanukkah and almost swapped for one myself after my 4th Pre died (day before yesterday), but I decided I would rather have a cooler phone that keeps getting replaced on someone else's dime, than one that doesn't really move me. Give Pixi a try. Worst that happens is you return it within 14 days or sell it off for $150 or $200.

good luck!
    oreo so bad my phone was almost going sideways
    Nevermind the fact that this is a blatant exaggeration... enjoy your Android!
    You gotta understand we are the first generation pre users, down the line they will do better, you cant compare it to anything right now because it's it's own thing.