Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2424748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1175
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    Good luck with your iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by murdermajig View Post
    Well the iPhone 3Gs's build quality is not doing good either, the Oleophobic screen is wearing off.
    Oh and the "weather" apple in complaining about affecting their phones
    So? Apple offers a 2 year warranty not just 30 days incase ANYTHING goes wrong they will fix it same with everything they make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge767 View Post
    Good luck with your iPhone.

Thanks I'm sure the phone will be fine, question is how well AT&T service will hold up where I live. And don't get me wrong, I liked the Pre's OS, Just hates the horible quality control, and the OS did have a ways to go yet as far as fleshing out the options and making it more useful. For example, how about a fine option in the web browser, how about a universale search that's really universal? as in searching Calendar, how about a bookmark option in google maps? how about being able to have a more functional cut and paste feature that can cut or copy paste from anywhere? There's more but that's just a taste. I'm sure as the WebOS evolves it will get better and better, and if Palm doesn't go under, and continues to support and improve the WebOS it can definatly be a contender. Also they need to get their build quality issues sorted out which is the main issue here as much as the missing options. Maybe in the future I'll revisit the WebOS if they sort out it's problems, but hardware and software. For now I'll enjoy the kick *** iPhone 3gs.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    dude you should have gotten the iphone... its like so the bomb... it totally like fits your personality you know...
    Oh c'mon we all know that the Pre's build quality is a joke. Slider phones generally have more problems than flips and front faced phones. iPhones, if anything can be reliable about them is the fact that they have pretty much nothing in them. Virtual Keyboards boost reliability but suck for productivity. Only thing I like about the iPhone more is the battery life seems to be better. They're just a flat slate without anything really.

I love the silent switch, a thing I know I will want in ALL of my phones in the future.
    Oh c'mon we all know that the Pre's build quality is a joke. Slider phones generally have more problems than flips and front faced phones. iPhones, if anything can be reliable about them is the fact that they have pretty much nothing in them. Virtual Keyboards boost reliability but suck for productivity. Only thing I like about the iPhone more is the battery life seems to be better. They're just a flat slate without anything really.

I love the silent switch, a thing I know I will want in ALL of my phones in the future.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    Childish and petty and makes it seem your stupid phone is all that matters in your empty lives.
    Wow, really? Do you think that personal insult was proportionate to the original post?
    Quote Originally Posted by ppar View Post
    Sell them to you in a couple months
    LOL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by live_free View Post
    So? Apple offers a 2 year warranty not just 30 days incase ANYTHING goes wrong they will fix it same with everything they make.
    b. Limitations. The Plan does not cover:
    (i) Installation, removal or disposal of the Covered Equipment, or installation, removal,
    repair, or maintenance of non-Covered Equipment (including accessories, attachments,
    or other devices) or network or cellular service external to the Covered Equipment;
    (ii) Damage to the Covered Equipment caused by accident, abuse, neglect, misuse
    (including faulty installation, repair or maintenance by anyone other than Apple or an
    Apple Authorized Service Provider), unauthorized modification, extreme environment
    (including extreme temperature or humidity), extreme physical or electrical stress or
    interference, fluctuation or surges of electrical power, lightning, static electricity, fire, acts
    of God or other external causes;

That comes right from their own manual....I could tell the insurance company that sprint uses that I baked the phone to see how it melted and for $100 I get a replacement. I have however added probably 75 or so lines to peoples accounts so they can pay for a new I-phone and still be in contract on the other one that got stolen. Nothing Like paying for a family plan and only having 1 line. NOTE Unauthorized Mod, includes jail breaking it
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    The people who responded to this post are seriously sad. Who cares whether he posted a good bye or not? If he misses his iPhone thats his opinion, and last time I checked we are all allowed the freedom of speech.

Get over it. Not everyone loves the Pre, and who would want to post on these forums because if any post is deemed anti-Pre, everyone jumps up and has a fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remedy1978 View Post
    The people who responded to this post are seriously sad. Who cares whether he posted a good bye or not? If he misses his iPhone thats his opinion, and last time I checked we are all allowed the freedom of speech.

Get over it. Not everyone loves the Pre, and who would want to post on these forums because if any post is deemed anti-Pre, everyone jumps up and has a fit.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Pre fans are identical to iPhone fans--the only difference is in the object of their affections. BOTH are insufferably closed-minded, rude, childish, and need the support of others who also worship at the same temple of products. Some day you'll grow up and learn that not everyone needs to feel as passionately about your toys as you. Their differences don't make them inferior or stupid--it just makes them different. You'd do well to stop discrediting someone who doesn't like what you do--it just makes you look insecure.
    Thanks, Dave. You, my friend, are a genius. That's all good stuff and hopefully I will take it to heart and grow up one day. I feel a weight lifting off my shoulders. Seriously, thanks.

Now that we've agreed on what's wrong with me, let's see if we can figure out what's going on with you, ummkay?

Oh, I remember now - you're a troll, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Updates won't fix a loose slider, dead pixels, wimpy speaker, tiny screen....oh, but you already knew all that...good luck!

*edit*I have since decided that this Thread belongs to those that are unhappy with the Pre. Please continue the biatchfest.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 07/06/2009 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by murdermajig View Post
    Well the iPhone 3Gs's build quality is not doing good either, the Oleophobic screen is wearing off.
    Oh and the "weather" apple in complaining about affecting their phones
    This is a stupid comment. There has been exactly one known instance of this happening. Out of how many sold?? Last time I checked over a million.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post

...I could tell the insurance company that sprint uses that I baked the phone to see how it melted and for $100 I get a replacement.
    Um, no. Sprint's Asurion plan does not cover intentional damage or acts of stupidity. Only accidental damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsjr2006 View Post
    This is a stupid comment. There has been exactly one known instance of this happening. Out of how many sold?? Last time I checked over a million.
    I can promise you its been more than 1 known instance.

But either way I think the point is that after all they are just phones and all phones have problems.... I just don't get the good bye threads by people who have never posted before on these forums....Normally you say goodbye to friends or family, but total strangers....Maybe its like closure or something.

But to people who visit these forums everyday it gets kinda annoying...you know, we should have a thread dedicated to these issues so we don't have to search page 4 of the new post list to find the interesting tidbits on the phone we are pumped about....

Wouldn't it bug you if your talking to your friend at work about a upcoming concert your stoked about and some guy you never met before ran up and said that band sucks live....
    yeah that would be pretty annoying right? Like who the **** is that ape anyways?

SO USE THE OFFICIAL I'M RETURNING MY PRE THREAD and I promise from this point forward I won't even enter it..

..but comm on, search the frickin forum and have some respect for the people that are enthusiasts about this phone and will be here tomorrow ...and you should be complaining to palm about these issue's don't you think, not pre-central...

i mean no-one here makes the phone you've been disappointed in and certainly no-one here makes the exchange rules or network limitations of the carrier that is subsidizing the phone that you've been let down by...I just don't get venting here instead of at palms support site...
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 07/06/2009 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Um, no. Sprint's Asurion plan does not cover intentional damage or acts of stupidity. Only accidental damage.
    Fair enough. I couldn't. But I could say it was an accident and it would get replaced for $100.

I could replace your I-phone in the same circumstance for $99 up front a new 2 yr agreement and $9.99/month in most cases.

so $84/ a year and a $100 deductible vs $120 a year $99 up front and a new 2 year. But alas this is just one of the reasons I went with the pre.

i agree with you i am on my 5th pre their quality control sucks ! i think i finally got the good phone, if these one goes bad i will return my pre !
    LOL! You changed your post after realizing that what you quoted proved you wrong. And now you are pretending that you didn't say it.

Fair enough. I couldn't. But I could say it was an accident and it would get replaced for $100.

I could replace your I-phone in the same circumstance for $99 up front a new 2 yr agreement and $9.99/month in most cases.

so $84/ a year and a $100 deductible vs $120 a year $99 up front and a new 2 year. But alas this is just one of the reasons I went with the pre.
    I can promise you its been more than 1 known instance.

But either way I think the point is that after all they are just phones and all phones have problems.... I just don't get the good bye threads by people who have never posted before on these forums....Normally you say goodbye to friends or family, but total strangers....Maybe its like closure or something.

But to people who visit these forums everyday it gets kinda annoying...you know, we should have a thread dedicated to these issues so we don't have to search page 4 of the new post list to find the interesting tidbits on the phone we are pumped about....

Wouldn't it bug you if your talking to your friend at work about a upcoming concert your stoked about and some guy you never met before ran up and said that band sucks live....
    yeah that would be pretty annoying right? Like who the **** is that ape anyways?

SO USE THE OFFICIAL I'M RETURNING MY PRE THREAD and I promise from this point forward I won't even enter it..

..but comm on, search the frickin forum and have some respect for the people that are enthusiasts about this phone and will be here tomorrow ...and you should be complaining to palm about these issue's don't you think, not pre-central...

i mean no-one here makes the phone you've been disappointed in and certainly no-one here makes the exchange rules or network limitations of the carrier that is subsidizing the phone that you've been let down by...I just don't get venting here instead of at palms support site...
    That would make since if someone ran up to you, but you actually chose to read this thread knowing what you were likely getting in to. Ignore the ignorance.