Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 414647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1175
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I am sure going to miss you. I came here to talk to other people with a Pre and a common interest. What would I do without some ***** feeling that he must post a "I am leaving" message.

BYE
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Hey, everyone, LOOK... it's THAT post again!
    Well put.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    This post is garbage and I miss the days when you did not exist to us.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Ever heard the term REFURB?
    Is that legal? Can Sprint sell a refurbished phone as new?

I thought refurbs were only for swap outs..
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda View Post

Consumerist - RadioShack Sells Defective Pre As New, Gets Caught - Palm pre
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    We're sure going to miss the wealth of information you've provided all of us on here. Watch that door as you leave, it's a bit tricky for the slow folks...

You only asked what they do with the returned Pre... not whether they sell them as new. People return them and if they are pristine and they test them and seems ok... refurb they go most likely for exchanges (even with new purchases) or replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Nope, was a typo. I'm surprised you were able to figure it out though. And even if I had, it would not speak to poor quality control, it would speak to my experience. I don't think you've been able to quite figure that one out yet.
    Surprised? Why on earth would you be surprised? You think anyone who doesn't want a Pre is mentally defective, perhaps? Tsk, tsk.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    You are a troll.

If number one carried the day, why are you here? What kind of a person decides they're not interested in a product and yet spends hours on end talking about it in a forum for that product?

Those are rhetorical.

It's cute how you're feeling all bold and good about yourself because the other pathetic troll is backing you up.

Congress just introduced a bill to help those with sub-prime lives get back on their feet. You should take them up on it.

Pre fans are identical to iPhone fans--the only difference is in the object of their affections. BOTH are insufferably closed-minded, rude, childish, and need the support of others who also worship at the same temple of products. Some day you'll grow up and learn that not everyone needs to feel as passionately about your toys as you. Their differences don't make them inferior or stupid--it just makes them different. You'd do well to stop discrediting someone who doesn't like what you do--it just makes you look insecure.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    haha. well i just got a new one and i am going to make myself an aluminum case or try to find something online!
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    I have to say that my 5th Pre is pretty solid and I'm liking it. I wouldn't normally tolerate 4 returns, it just happened at the store, as we were opening one box after another.

So now I'm not sure because I'd hate to be stuck after the 30 days are over. What would convince me is probably a fat juicy update from Palm fixing a bunch of issues.
    Updates won't fix a loose slider, dead pixels, wimpy speaker, tiny screen....oh, but you already knew all that...good luck!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    This post is garbage and I miss the days when you did not exist to us.
    dude... you should have that mole looked at! Moles can be malignant

wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanoma
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts

I think Sprint will do anything to make money.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    I think Sprint will do anything to make money.
    Perhaps - But I am sure they stay within the law. Come on, lets be reasonable, they have corporate responsibility. They unlike y knowingly lied to anyone.
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    You tried the Pre, found you don't like it and going back to what you know. No one should fault you for that. Thanks for sharing!
    "We must not contradict, but instruct him that contradicts us; for a madman is not cured by another running mad also." - Dr. An Wang
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    You'd do well to stop discrediting someone who doesn't like what you do--it just makes you look insecure.
    So what does it say about one when they spend so much time trying to convince those that do like the device that they're somehow "wrong" because they don't believe the same?

Huh 1812dave, tell us. Surely you know by know what it says about them. We're all watching, and learning...
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    why don't you take the pre back , dont exchange it, and save yourself the trouble, you seem to love the iphone so much??
    Yes, yes be rude. Defend that $199 purchase like you designed and built the thing yourself.

Get over it. Not everyone likes the phone.

I love it, but the build quality SUCKS! This phone is never going to last 22 months. I'm sure everyone here is eligable for the 12 month handset replacement program, and I have a feeling we're going to need it.

When someone decides to participate in the fourm to give their opinion (one purpose of the forum), they're attacked.

Childish and petty and makes it seem your stupid phone is all that matters in your empty lives.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    Yes, yes be rude. Defend that $199 purchase like you designed and built the thing yourself.

Get over it. Not everyone likes the phone.

I love it, but the build quality SUCKS! This phone is never going to last 22 months. I'm sure everyone here is eligable for the 12 month handset replacement program, and I have a feeling we're going to need it.

When someone decides to participate in the fourm to give their opinion (one purpose of the forum), they're attacked.

Childish and petty and makes it seem your stupid phone is all that matters in your empty lives.
    Seriously! People pretty much jumped all over me! haha
    Well the iPhone 3Gs's build quality is not doing good either, the Oleophobic screen is wearing off.
    Oh and the "weather" apple in complaining about affecting their phones
    Last edited by murdermajig; 07/06/2009 at 12:18 AM.
    I've done it... I've given in.. I've returned my Palm Pre and cancelled my Sprint Service after over 9 years of being with Sprint and moved to the iPhone 3gs. To find out why read on.

As many of you I was excited to hear of the Pre, and I've also been a long time Palm owner, since the Palm Vx, and have had the Treo 650 and 755p. I need better web access on my device such as the Iphone offers and was close to considering switching when I heard of the Pre.

I purchased my Pre on launch day, later that day I discovered the white blotching or clouding on the bottom of the screen with one especially prominent dot on the lower right. After waiting a couple of weeks my Sprint Store had Pre's in and I exchanged the unit. He gave me a unit with a loose slider, but the store manager didn't want to give me another even though the Sprint rep just gave it to me. After complaining to Sprint customer service on the phone later that night I came back a week later and looked at more Pre's. None of them had great sliders but at least it wasn't the Oreo twist slider I had, but on the positive side the screen was better than the 1st one. The exchanged unit ended up having a prominent dead pixel on the middle of the screen, in addition to the slider being less than perfect so guess what.. had to exchange again, on my trip to Florida from New York. Went to a Sprint Corporate store in Coconut Creek Florida and got another unit, after looking at several of the units they had in stock (some with the oreo twist sliders) they had one with a tight flush slider. I got that one but it had some screen bleeding on it, he then gave me another unit which had a less savere screen bleeding / light blotch on it, but still not perfect, but I settled on it for the moment. The following evening when using the camera I noticied several dead pixels when taking pictures in bar. The following day after that when going to exchange the unit I also noticed a light line down the middle of the screen, possibly a scratch but wasn't sure, and didn't know how it could have gotten there as I always have the Pre in it's pouch and am very careful. The Sprint store I did the exchage from in Florida didn't want to give me another exchange. I went to another Sprint store, they didn't want to give me one either. I then called Sprint's customer service asking for "retention" and they said they coulod send me to a Sprint Repair store and to see Aaron and they'd take care of it. Well I went there and I needed to wait a bit over an hour for them to look at the unit and decide that the unit wasn't defective and it had a scratch on the screen and deemed the unit non exchangable. Again looking at the surface of the screen I don't see a scratch but I see a line in the screen which changes colors depending on what angle the screen is on. I couldn't accept this non-exchange nonsense and proceded to call Sprint Retention again about the Problem and they said they couldn't do anything for me. The fellow Aaron at the Sprint repair store said I'd have to speak to their manager the next day if I wanted to still try to overturn their non-exchange sentiment. Anyway I had had enough at this point and had already lost much precous time on my Florida trip for the Pre's defects. To avoid further wasted time, aggrivation, and risk of getting another bad Palm Pre if they were to replace it, I just went back to the Sprint Store in Florida I did that exchange from and told them I'm returning the unit it's within my 30 days and to cancel my account. (which I had no choice with even if I didn't want to as I didn' thave another phone with me to reactivate with them). So I went to the local Best Buy and got a 32gb iphone 3gs, and would you believe it, I got a flawless unit with perfect screen my first time out. wow. Now if only Palm had quality control like Apple maybe I wouldn't have had to go through this BS and aggrivation and lost time on my vacation. Nice customer service Sprint.. letting a nearly 10 year long customer go because you wont give me an exchange of a defective product. I was being ironic if you couldn't tell. So far I love the iPhone 3gs and it works better in Florida than the Sprint Service did, though we'll see how it does in NYC.

P.S. The iPhone's browser works better than Pre's as well. Some sites wont log in, wont render properly, or some features wont work, on the Pre's browser, but all work fine on iPhone. You can check out some of the following sites to verify this for yourself. Go to google.com/finance and look up a stock, then try to view the discussion groupd on the lower right. It renders as a blank screen on the Pre, works perfectly on the iPhone. Jdate.com wont log in at all on the Pre, it keeps refreshing the login screen after entering the info, it works fine on iphone. Tradeking.com, some of the features for setting up limit prices, as well as looking up option prices / symbols on an underlying stock don't work either, but works fine in iphone. Mazdausa.com also doesn't render well. I'm sure there are many other sites with issues as well, but those are just some, and very important sites to me, except for mazda :P