Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

I gave up on the Pre today. It is just too frustrating.
    I was dreaming about this phone since January, I was the first guy on my store to buy, and yet, after many hs wasted with Palm costumer service and my calandar freezing on me, I had it.
    I am buying a Iphone next week. Yes, it will not have the cool cards of the pre, and it will be more expensive than Sprint, but it is a proven phone and I will not have all the hook ups of the pre.
    When my contract is over with Att in a couple of ys, hopefully they will have the Palm pre working good than.
    What is the deal with the palm support that for every question you have they put you on hold for 20 mins to look up in the book how to solve a problem??
    Good luck for you that will stay.
    If you still have time, take it back before it is too late!!!
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    ... This thread is supposed to be posts related to why people found the Pre not satisfying
    Correct! And not full of posts from people who chose not to buy a Pre or returned it long ago, repeatedly trying to justify their decision by heaping crap on the Pre over and over and over again.
    My Pre didn't even make it 2 weeks. I never dropped it once.

1. The slider/screen became really loose. I don't use the phone THAT much but there is now plenty of play in it when its open or closed. It's going to get worse I can tell.

2. Lost some speed after the 1.0.3 upgrade... the touchscreen is not as sensetive, you need to move your finger about 1/3" before it actually reacts.. it was alot quicker before. Also loads up slower.

3. Yesterday started hanging up calls by itself. When I dialed a number it just hung up on its own. Continued doing that.

4. Finally, today after a night of charging the screen turns black and the phone appears to still be on. There is no way to turn it back on either. I pulled the battery out a few times and it started the work again but then it dies out randomly. I am going to take it back to the store but its closed today.

I am done with this phone. I can't see the built quality issues being any different from one Pre to the next. It's just too fragile and frail. I am going to get the Blackberry Tour when it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxla View Post
    This is just unacceptable, Even though my BB Curve and previous phones use to get GREAT EVDO connection in my house, Palm Pre seems to be buggy and switches to 1X for no bloody reason! - its going back on Monday, oh how i would of loved to of kept the phone, but its just not practical.
    Ok before jumping off into the deep end... My first Pre had major issues as well. One of the symptoms was sketching reception. In the store, I could not get EVDO at all when my HTC 6900 could. I got it home and it went in and out and was iffy at best. Then it just went nuts went into Roaming and couldn't find a Sprint signal at all. The phone started melting down in my hand and eventually discharged the battery completely to where it would not even charge. This was all while on the charger.

I got a replacement phone the very next day. (Thanks to Mat at Newington, NH Best Buy). And this phone is far and away much better in every catagory, including signal reception. I still use WiFi at the house because it's much faster than even my best EVDO signal, but I haven't had an issue with it acquiring a signal (even at the store when the first wouldn't get anything more than 2 bars of 1x) I got 3-4 solid bars of EVDO indoors and it jumped to full bars of EVDO when I went outside. The replacement phone gets moderately warm when doing GPS and phone at the same time but that's it. It gets warm on the charger as well... but the first was unbearabley hot in both cases.

Point is... if I only had the reception problem, I would have just thought the Pre was terrible at reception. But since I had the other problems, I was forced to get a replacement and because of that, I learned that the Pre is actually superior to my old HTC handset in reception and my first phone was a lemon. Replace your Pre, get a good one and enjoy geek bliss. The Pre is amazing me more and more everytime I pick it up, I find something new. Only once have I been dissapointed with a new discovery, and that was the ability to copy/paste from a recieved message or web page. I mean really? How useful is copy/paste when you can only do it with text you generate? C'mon Palm... get that right PLEASE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Except, you don't know the return rate. The fact is that Palm and Sprint did not sell the phone to impress you (and I suspect that's an impossible task for many, there are folks out there that had decided that it would be a failure long before it was introduced). Palm introduced it to turn their company around. Sprint sold it to turn their company around.

All indications are that it is doing that for both. That would make it a success.

Read some of the information available with an open mind. The Pre is selling more than the original predictions. Outside experts are raising their expectations of future sales. I know some of you don't like it, but it is a success.
    LOL! I'm not rooting for it to be a failure. Until I saw one, I was considering buying 2 of them. BOTTOM LINE: the hype was far "better" than the reality--the phone has myriad quality control issues. It's a piece of junk when early adopter phone gadget freaks have to return their Pre 2 and 3 times to get one that works properly. Not to mention all the members of the forum who got refunds and said the hell with the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    Hey guys, could you please stop trolling the troll thread?

Pre defenders, please stick to the many threads here for cheering on the device. This thread is supposed to be posts related to why people found the Pre not satisfying and not full of posts telling the Pre returners why they are essentially idiots or wrong.

Thanks!
    Touchdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Correct! And not full of posts from people who chose not to buy a Pre or returned it long ago, repeatedly trying to justify their decision by heaping crap on the Pre over and over and over again.
    Dude! The Pre "heaps it's own crap" with poor reception, quality control issues. We didn't create this pile of dog doo--Palm did. Don't complain about the complainers--complain to Palm. Or, maybe you would rather defend to the death your reasons for sticking with the underdog?
    Quote Originally Posted by moulin6801 View Post
    I gave up on the Pre today. It is just too frustrating.
    I was dreaming about this phone since January, I was the first guy on my store to buy, and yet, after many hs wasted with Palm costumer service and my calandar freezing on me, I had it.
    I am buying a Iphone next week. Yes, it will not have the cool cards of the pre, and it will be more expensive than Sprint, but it is a proven phone and I will not have all the hook ups of the pre.
    When my contract is over with Att in a couple of ys, hopefully they will have the Palm pre working good than.
    What is the deal with the palm support that for every question you have they put you on hold for 20 mins to look up in the book how to solve a problem??
    Good luck for you that will stay.
    If you still have time, take it back before it is too late!!!
    David
    You made a wise choice. You need a dependable phone that delivers when you need it to deliver. The Pre is long on flash but short on delivery in many ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Dude! The Pre "heaps it's own crap" with poor reception, quality control issues. We didn't create this pile of dog doo--Palm did. Don't complain about the complainers--complain to Palm. Or, maybe you would rather defend to the death your reasons for sticking with the underdog?
    Precisely
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    You made a wise choice. You need a dependable phone that delivers when you need it to deliver. The Pre is long on flash but short on delivery in many ways.

Amen! Even the vocal boosters here have returned their phones in droves.
    Amen! Even the vocal boosters here have returned their phones in droves.
    Yeah, interesting isn't it? Particularly after they spent weeks attacking us for calling it like it is, right?
    Yeah, interesting isn't it? Particularly after they spent weeks attacking us for calling it like it is, right?
    That's the part I don't get! I read everywhere online I could to learn about the Pre. It showed great promise, but as the release date drew close, a number of disturbing issues came to my attention, but I figured I'd at least go to a store to check it out in person. There was no way in heck I would buy the phone, if for no other reason that for a touch screen, it's way too small with very small (non adjustable) fonts. My decision was reinforced as the early adopters started reporting all SORTS of problems with the phone--both functional and poor quality control. Do these guys need to be hit over the head to learn that if you need to buy FOUR phones to get one that sorta works, MAYBE you picked the wrong product???? Sigh. They have eternal optimism, I suppose, if I'm being charitable. Otherwise, my more practical self says they just don't learn from mistakes--something an older and wiser person learns as time goes on. I reached that point many years ago. Fast learners quickly abandon a bad position--the more feeble minded persist in doing the same thing..over and over and over.
    That's the part I don't get! I read everywhere online I could to learn about the Pre. It showed great promise, but as the release date drew close, a number of disturbing issues came to my attention, but I figured I'd at least go to a store to check it out in person. There was no way in heck I would buy the phone, if for no other reason that for a touch screen, it's way too small with very small (non adjustable) fonts. My decision was reinforced as the early adopters started reporting all SORTS of problems with the phone--both functional and poor quality control. Do these guys need to be hit over the head to learn that if you need to buy FOUR phones to get one that sorta works, MAYBE you picked the wrong product???? Sigh. They have eternal optimism, I suppose, if I'm being charitable. Otherwise, my more practical self says they just don't learn from mistakes--something an older and wiser person learns as time goes on. I reached that point many years ago. Fast learners quickly abandon a bad position--the more feeble minded persist in doing the same thing..over and over and over.
    I found it entertaining that they couldn't possibly accept the fact that our actual experience with the phone was, in fact, our own objective experience. One couldn't be a "qualified reviewer" of the phone's flaws unless they bought one. What stupidity.

Indeed, a smarter individual with any savvy might be able to identify potential problems with a phone before actually being suckered into buying one. More power to those who have actually done so - it saved them a TON of frustration from having to suffer through 4 and 5 returns!!!

If we didn't come back here with praise and admiration for this beta phone, they wrote us off as "plants". What idiocy.

The koolaid effect was extremely strong with these folks, and it blinded them to the facts through 4-5 returns due to multiple flaws with their best thing since sliced bread.

Quoting an off color phrase .... You can't polish a turd.
    I found it entertaining that they couldn't possibly accept the fact that our actual experience with the phone was, in fact, our own objective experience. One couldn't be a "qualified reviewer" of the phone's flaws unless they bought one. What stupidity.

Indeed, a smarter individual with any savvy might be able to identify potential problems with a phone before actually being suckered into buying one. More power to those who have actually done so - it saved them a TON of frustration from having to suffer through 4 and 5 returns!!!

If we didn't come back here with praise and admiration for this beta phone, they wrote us off as "plants". What idiocy.

The koolaid effect was extremely strong with these folks, and it blinded them to the facts through 4-5 returns due to multiple flaws with their best thing since sliced bread.

Quoting an off color phrase .... You can't polish a turd.
    Gee, you read my mind, and wrote exactly as I feel--the Pre supporters continually claim that I'm a troll or fool for daring to have an opinion on a product that I didn't buy--as if it's necessary to jump in a swamp full of 'gators to know I'd get my **** chewed up if I were dumb enough to wade in. All that's necessary to form an opinion on a product is to read up on it, hold it, put it through a few paces, and then decide either: 1) there are obvious deal breakers staring me right in the face (such as the tiny screen & fonts), or 2) MAYBE it might work out for me, so I'll play their game and do a 30 day eval. In my case, number one carried the day.

Turd or pig--either one is apropos. Now where's the lipstick?
    LOL! I'm not rooting for it to be a failure. Until I saw one, I was considering buying 2 of them. BOTTOM LINE: the hype was far "better" than the reality--the phone has myriad quality control issues. It's a piece of junk when early adopter phone gadget freaks have to return their Pre 2 and 3 times to get one that works properly. Not to mention all the members of the forum who got refunds and said the hell with the Pre.
    Sorry, your determination of what constitutes a "piece of junk" is pretty weak. The folks returning 2 and 3 time are in the big majority, and there are people that get refunds and say goodbye to just about any product.

Again, your disappointment is yours, not everyones.
    What a laugh. You don't have one. You don't know "how it is". Purely speculation. Go look at the thread where folks are happy with their device.

BTW, I had a LOT more trouble with my Treo than I did my Pre. Didn't make that a bad device either.
    What a laugh. You don't have one. You don't know "how it is". Purely speculation. Go look at the thread where folks are happy with their device.

BTW, I had a LOT more trouble with my Treo than I did my Pre. Didn't make that a bad device either.

LOL! You apologists crack me up. I've seen with my own eyes that the Pre's screen is too small to be useful for me, compared to say, the screen of a Storm or iPhone (I do NOT particularly like the iPhone however--love my Touch, but I don't want an iPhone). I've read all over the internet all the problems the Pre has sustained in it's short life. I don't need that kind of aggravation and disappointment with a product, thank u very much. I came, I saw, I went (empty handed).
    Sorry, your determination of what constitutes a "piece of junk" is pretty weak. The folks returning 2 and 3 time are in the big majority, and there are people that get refunds and say goodbye to just about any product.

Again, your disappointment is yours, not everyones.

"The folks returning 2 and 3 time are in the big majority,"

LOL! Did you REALLY mean to write that? If you did, doesn't that speak to the poor quality control??
    LOL! You apologists crack me up. I've seen with my own eyes that the Pre's screen is too small to be useful for me,
    Exactly for you. Guess what, there are others in the world. Some seem to be satisified with it.
    I've read all over the internet all the problems the Pre has sustained in it's short life. I don't need that kind of aggravation and disappointment with a product, thank u very much. I came, I saw, I went (empty handed).
    Good for you. It's when you take your limited experience, and extrapolate it to others that you show your ignorance. Puts the rest of your BS into its proper light.