Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    The phone is not prime time. I hope Sprint is not hurt by the poor showing of the device. Went to Sprint store in Midland. Texas and on Monday and the rep said 3 of the Pre's had been returned that day. Will Palm survive? Just dont know. Maybe with the new release in Oct-Nov time frame will change things. Hopefully more than 4 g of storage and adding a micros sd would be nice and I will try the phone but without more memory and a descent keyboard the phone will be a wash out, for me. It may sell well like the centro because of eye candy.
    What in the world are you rambling on about? What "poor showing". They sold out! Got replenished, and sold out again. Palm stock is up, Sprint stock is up. Sprint sold more phones last month than at any other time.

When are some of you folks going to realize that "not ready for me" does not mean the same thing as "not ready"??
    Quote Originally Posted by TVMA View Post
    lies, no such thing as a perfect pre
    mine came with a big black greasy thumbprint on the metal part on the back of the screen. I just looked and now the entire thing is covered with fingerprints!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prissymissy14 View Post
    I've had a heck of a time trying to exchange my phone. Even after telling them I know I'm in my 30 days they said they wouldn't exchange it without having something written from a repair shop that the battery is a dud. 10% battery life loss an hour. I have gone to 2 of the stores my corporate store (which doesn't fix phones) told me to go to and both have said it's just the phone.. Really??? I read mixed reviews on here ...
    You should tell them that you also know that, because of the design of the phone, repairs are not being done on the Pre, and they HAVE to exchange it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    What in the world are you rambling on about? What "poor showing". They sold out! Got replenished, and sold out again. Palm stock is up, Sprint stock is up. Sprint sold more phones last month than at any other time.

When are some of you folks going to realize that "not ready for me" does not mean the same thing as "not ready"??
    Any item can sell out if there aren't enough on hand to cover the sales generated by hype. After factoring in limited supplies and lots of returns, I don't think the Pre is what I'd call a roaring success. Well, perhaps in the minds of those still enamored of the phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellie View Post
    People, I LOVE Palm just as much as the next man but stop making excuses as to why you can live with a defective phone. If your phone starts having play in the slider and you can twist that ***** like an OREO, TAKE IT BACK!!! If there is a crack in the screen, TAKE IT BACK!!! If you notice that something is not correct.... TAKE IT BACK! We have to start taking these things back so that palm will get their build quality up. The Pre's are still selling and the Palm stock prices keep rising so there is no need to have to deal with faulty equipment. This will give you a better user experience over the life of the phone other than saying, "Well I had a Pre, but the slider was broken so I had to be overly cautious for the 2 years I had it, now I got the (insert phone here) and its great!"

Palm has no idea how many people really have problems with the hardware unless you tell them and show them by taking them back. My wife and I are both on Pre # 2 and will KEEP TAKING THEM BACK when stuff goes wrong! Her first Pre had slider gap and too much play. My first one had separation of epoxy on the corners of the screen. The new Pre's we got seemed like they are better quality and seem to run programs a little faster and less lag than the first batch we had. Not sure if its just me or the build quality is better. I think that I may have to take hers back because her Ambient light sensor isnt working but mine is. I am gonna take it to the Sprint store but if its broken, guess what.... GIMME A NEW ONE! I refuse to pay the same price for this phone that people are paying for the iphone and having to baby this phone like a newborn and accept poor *** quality.... They market themselves to take on the iPhone and damnit imma hold them up to those standards that were set by the iPhone.
    Agrees with this dude wholeheartedly. If Pre had to delay the phone 2 extra months to get certain things right, I would have huffed and puffed but would have been happy if it resulted in a better device. There's only so much of a guinea pig that I'm willing to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Any item can sell out if there aren't enough on hand to cover the sales generated by hype. After factoring in limited supplies and lots of returns, I don't think the Pre is what I'd call a roaring success. Well, perhaps in the minds of those still enamored of the phone...
    Says the man who looked at the phone for 10 minutes in the store and became so enraged that he hung out in a forum of a phone he does not even own and currently eats up every negative thread and story about the Pre and spins them to support his own pathetic little agenda.
    That makes 3 of us
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Says the man who looked at the phone for 10 minutes in the store and became so enraged that he hung out in a forum of a phone he does not even own and currently eats up every negative thread and story about the Pre and spins them to support his own pathetic little agenda.
    You have a problem with that? Oh well!! Doesn't change the facts.
    You have a problem with that? Oh well!! Doesn't change the facts.
    You're right. It doesn't change the facts that you've twisted in your own mind to fit your own preconceived notions about the product. It doesn't change the fact that your very presence here makes you very pathetic. By all means. Please stay.
    Mine has no problems. Should I still take it back?
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    Mine has no problems. Should I still take it back?
    yeah.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Mine wobbles (oreo effect, but not that bad, just slightly), and I feel that the center button has sunken in, anyone else experienced this?? I still havent read anything about this issue.

I am definitely taking mine back, I wan't a pre that I'm not constanly distacted by beacuse of hardware issues.

Edit:
    I forgot to mention that the thin piece of plastic that covers the tiny gap between the charger port and the edge of the front piece of the pre, completely came off from the top. It stood once, broken.
    I just pushed it back in, and have been careful whenever plugging it in and out, but yeah, that was the last deciding factor.
    Last edited by diyeiogt; 07/03/2009 at 03:03 AM.
    ... because I've had four and they've all been defective.

/endthread
    Quote Originally Posted by djshack View Post
    ... because I've had four and they've all been defective.

/endthread
    Really!? Wow... are you just really anal or are these real defects?
    Except, you don't know the return rate. The fact is that Palm and Sprint did not sell the phone to impress you (and I suspect that's an impossible task for many, there are folks out there that had decided that it would be a failure long before it was introduced). Palm introduced it to turn their company around. Sprint sold it to turn their company around.

All indications are that it is doing that for both. That would make it a success.

Read some of the information available with an open mind. The Pre is selling more than the original predictions. Outside experts are raising their expectations of future sales. I know some of you don't like it, but it is a success.
    Hey guys, could you please stop trolling the troll thread?

Pre defenders, please stick to the many threads here for cheering on the device. This thread is supposed to be posts related to why people found the Pre not satisfying and not full of posts telling the Pre returners why they are essentially idiots or wrong.

Thanks!
    Except, you don't know the return rate. The fact is that Palm and Sprint did not sell the phone to impress you (and I suspect that's an impossible task for many, there are folks out there that had decided that it would be a failure long before it was introduced). Palm introduced it to turn their company around. Sprint sold it to turn their company around.

All indications are that it is doing that for both. That would make it a success.

Read some of the information available with an open mind. The Pre is selling more than the original predictions. Outside experts are raising their expectations of future sales. I know some of you don't like it, but it is a success.
    You really did drink the koolaid. The Pre might be enough to keep Palm on life support, and it may be a "success" in that it makes some money for both companies but I don't think it is or will be the kind of iPhone-like success for which both companies were looking. And in Sprint's case I believe you will see them switch focus from the Pre and onto some other phone as fast as possible. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who's right and who's wrong in a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by searchable View Post
    Hey guys, could you please stop trolling the troll thread?

Pre defenders, please stick to the many threads here for cheering on the device. This thread is supposed to be posts related to why people found the Pre not satisfying and not full of posts telling the Pre returners why they are essentially idiots or wrong.

Thanks!
    You are right, but the mods felt that the cheerleaders belonged here, so they added the other thread to this one. They are simply finishing the conversation from another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    You really did drink the koolaid. The Pre might be enough to keep Palm on life support, and it may be a "success" in that it makes some money for both companies but I don't think it is or will be the kind of iPhone-like success for which both companies were looking.
    Let me see if I understand, you essentially agree that what I said "might" be true, but proclaim I "really did drink the koolaid"

Sorry, I guess that doesn't mean much, considering the source.
    Last edited by hparsons; 07/03/2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: "idiot" was a bit harsh...
    Let me see if I understand, you essentially agree that what I said "might" be true, but proclaim I "really did drink the koolaid"

Sorry, I guess that doesn't mean much, considering the source.
    I guess it depends on what your definition of "success" is. In your post yours seems to be that the Pre will turn the fortunes of Palm and Sprint around. I disagree so I don't think what you said might be true. But if I am misinterpreting what you said let me know.