Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1175
  1. #921  
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Pockets View Post
    This post does help people like me who are undecided about the Pre. I too have issues with the durability of the product.. I am not going to down the phone as I haven't bought one yet but if the screen is going to have bad pixels and the case is going to crack easily and the keyboard is less the solid and can't take normal wear and tear then it is Palms responsibility to own up to these defects and put out some type of statement that they are being addressed so they don't lose undecided before they go with another company..
    I would suggest that before you give credibility to any of the posts here, be they positive or negative, that you click on the poster's user name and get a feel for their character.

    There are people here who baby their phone, while I carry it around in my front pocket with no case or cover of any kind and clean the screen with my pants leg. I don't have even the slightest ding, chip or scratch, no dead pixels, my screen doesn't wobble, it not cracked and yesterday when I put it on the touchstone at the end of the day it still had 65% battery.
  2. #922  
    It was kind of funny. I put up a thread like Brett328 called Pre Sucks, get an Iphone. I was trying to see how people would respond and if it would be taken down. Sometimes I wonder what the standards are to post a thread here. Nice thing is the Mods deleted it within minutes. It is interesting how long this one has been up with the amount of useless banter here.

    And just in case you wondered, I have a Pre and love the Pre. However, I certainly don't begrudge brett328 his decision to bail on the Pre. To each his own.
  3. #923  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    However, I certainly don't begrudge brett328 his decision to bail on the Pre. To each his own.
    Whew, what a relief. Thanx Peter!
  4. DVeng's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #924  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    Many people here have posted that the Pre's reception sucks compared to other Sprint phones (myself included) so if Sprint's pricing model is better for you I'd suggest checking out a different Sprint phone just in case.
    You may be right. In the end, we have been very happy with Verizon in every way except for their extremely high prices, but price is pretty low on my list of priorities when it comes to cell phones. I would gladly pay Sprint what I currently pay to Verizon if they could just offer a workable signal, but I seriously doubt they will be able to do so before tomorrow, and that will be my last opportunity to return the phone before the 30 days is up.

    It is absolutely an amazing phone and I envy those of you who have good enough coverage to keep them. I am a linux user and I can't wait to start writing apps for the Pre, but I can't justify paying for one for two years just as a toy and having to pay for another phone as well to actually reliably make and receive calls.
  5. #925  
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
    Whew, what a relief. Thanx Peter!
    I knew you were waiting for that. After 4 pages, you can now leave happy.
  6. #926  
    I don't know know why people feel the need to complain about these threads. I for one was interested enough in the OP's opinion that I read it. If you are not interested then don't read it. Why is it so hard? Why do you waste time and all of our bandwidth by reading a post and posting flames in a thread you didn't want to read in the first place? Do you people really feel the need to police the thoughts and discussions of others so that they will conform with what you want? The world does not work that way. There are plenty of people that don't agree with you (or me) or come to the same conclusions about a device and that's the way it should be.
  7. #927  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I don't know know why people feel the need to complain about these threads. I for one was interested enough in the OP's opinion that I read it. If you are not interested then don't read it. Why is it so hard? Why do you waste time and all of our bandwidth by reading a post and posting flames in a thread you didn't want to read in the first place? Do you people really feel the need to police the thoughts and discussions of others so that they will conform with what you want? The world does not work that way. There are plenty of people that don't agree with you (or me) or come to the same conclusions about a device and that's the way it should be.
    Are you complaining about the complainers? j/k
  8. #928  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    It was kind of funny. I put up a thread like Brett328 called Pre Sucks, get an Iphone. I was trying to see how people would respond and if it would be taken down. Sometimes I wonder what the standards are to post a thread here. Nice thing is the Mods deleted it within minutes. It is interesting how long this one has been up with the amount of useless banter here.

    And just in case you wondered, I have a Pre and love the Pre. However, I certainly don't begrudge brett328 his decision to bail on the Pre. To each his own.
    You clearly said in your Pre sucks thread you only posted it "to get under peoples skin" NO WONDER IT GOT DELETED. The Op has said that he liked the pre but it did not fit his basic need.... No real mystery why your BS thread got deleted and this has not.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  9. #929  
    have fun!
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
  10. #930  
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
    Just pre-ordered the Blackberry Tour on Verizon. Now I must cancel my Sprint contract and return the phone by Sunday.

    I ported over from Verizon to get this amazing device, sadly I just can't keep it. Really expected a more mature device knowing how important the success of this phone was to Palm & Sprint. I am on my 2nd Pre due to connectivity issues. I still get dropped calls, and the slider wobble is scaring the crap out of me. 2 years with this device? It'll never last. The lack of acknowledgement from Palm regarding these build quality issues, and the end of my 30 day trial won't allow me to hang out any more waiting for word. Add to all this the fact that I cant download a lotus spreadsheet off the phone after I e-mailed it to myself makes this a killer.

    Back to verizon with my tail between my legs. It cost me $70 ETF plus activation fees on the Pre and now activation fees on the Tour to go back to Verizon. It wasn't an inexpensive experiment, and I really wanted the Pre. But facts are facts. This phone isn't ready, and despite all Palms heroic efforts, the Chinese factories have torpedoed this great opportunity. I'll probably revisit WebOS when it comes to Verizon, I believe it is the future.

    For all those who may want to flame me, go ahead. I put my money up for this device, it just wasn't ready. I won't torture myself with delusions about the Pre. If Palm survives, then I'll be ready and waiting when they figure out the hardware part of the equation.

    Time to join the crackberry website. As I've never had Blackberry in the past. My wife now uses my Treo 700wx, and she won't be giving it back.


    brett328, OUT!
    Wonder what the return rate is?

    My wife kept her Pre for a week longer than I did. i don't think we can blame Sprint persay. I still blame Palm, no micro SD and I don't like the from factor. Lol I waited two years for this device to return it within two weeks. The phone is not prime time. I hope Sprint is not hurt by the poor showing of the device. Went to Sprint store in Midland. Texas and on Monday and the rep said 3 of the Pre's had been returned that day. Will Palm survive? Just dont know. Maybe with the new release in Oct-Nov time frame will change things. Hopefully more than 4 g of storage and adding a micros sd would be nice and I will try the phone but without more memory and a descent keyboard the phone will be a wash out, for me. It may sell well like the centro because of eye candy.
  11. pathymo's Avatar
    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #931  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I don't know know why people feel the need to complain about these threads. I for one was interested enough in the OP's opinion that I read it. If you are not interested then don't read it. Why is it so hard? Why do you waste time and all of our bandwidth by reading a post and posting flames in a thread you didn't want to read in the first place? Do you people really feel the need to police the thoughts and discussions of others so that they will conform with what you want? The world does not work that way. There are plenty of people that don't agree with you (or me) or come to the same conclusions about a device and that's the way it should be.
    Once again, the posters in this thread have not made attacks of any sort concerning the OP's choice phone. Instead, they have commented on the fact that the OP felt the need to make a thread to say 'goodbye'.

    Please try to keep up.
  12. #932  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    You clearly said in your Pre sucks thread you only posted it "to get under peoples skin" NO WONDER IT GOT DELETED. The Op has said that he liked the pre but it did not fit his basic need.... No real mystery why your BS thread got deleted and this has not.
    I intended it to be a BS thread and it got taken down. I think it's great that it did. All is right with the PreCentral world.

    The point of all the posters here was that the thread served no purpose at all other than to complain. It wasn't that he posted it, it was where.

    There should be a place to rant, and a place to provide usefull info. Since the majority of the posts here served no usefull purpose (mine included), it seems that it would be better for this thread to be reduced to the rubble as well.

    Either way, brett is going to be happy with where he goes cell phone wise, and I will leave him to it. It truely is none of our business, just as it is non of his that we keep the Pre.
  13. #933  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I intended it to be a BS thread and it got taken down. I think it's great that it did. All is right with the PreCentral world.

    The point of all the posters here was that the thread served no purpose at all other than to complain. It wasn't that he posted it, it was where.

    There should be a place to rant, and a place to provide usefull info. Since the majority of the posts here served no usefull purpose (mine included), it seems that it would be better for this thread to be reduced to the rubble as well.

    Either way, brett is going to be happy with where he goes cell phone wise, and I will leave him to it. It truely is none of our business, just as it is non of his that we keep the Pre.
    I agree we need a rant/rave sticky or subforum or something, However for the sake of the Moderators, lets not "test" their speed of removing bad threads in the future. I'm sure they dont need the undue workload!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"


    PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  14. #934  
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    Once again, the posters in this thread have not made attacks of any sort concerning the OP's choice phone. Instead, they have commented on the fact that the OP felt the need to make a thread to say 'goodbye'.

    Please try to keep up.
    I did not say the posters in this thread were complaining about the OS's phone choice. I said I don't don't understand the need to waste time complaining about this type of thread which is what they were doing and what you are still doing.

    Please try to keep up.
  15. jtiis's Avatar
    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #935  
    There are better places to post such "Goodbye" letters (as titansluvpre above notes... gosteelers!) - but I disagree with those who say "Don't write these posts, there's no need, it's not important, away with ya."

    If we are happy to see Palm's sales numbers (because we love Palm) then it's also good to know Palm's "almost sold" numbers as well (again, because we love Palm). Sure, some posters are trolls with ulterior movtives, but others are not just leaving but venting their very real frustrations with aspects of the phone/service etc. I sure hope Palm reads precentral - and I hope people post what bugged them about the phone/service enough to leave... so that those of us who might agreed with a shared criticism (but not enough to leave) will benefit from Palms future response to such - yes - valuable feedback.

    I say keep em' comin' - just put em in the right spot.
  16. #936  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I intended it to be a BS thread and it got taken down. I think it's great that it did. All is right with the PreCentral world.

    The point of all the posters here was that the thread served no purpose at all other than to complain. It wasn't that he posted it, it was where.

    There should be a place to rant, and a place to provide usefull info. Since the majority of the posts here served no usefull purpose (mine included), it seems that it would be better for this thread to be reduced to the rubble as well.

    Either way, brett is going to be happy with where he goes cell phone wise, and I will leave him to it. It truely is none of our business, just as it is non of his that we keep the Pre.
    I disagree when you say the original post "served no purpose at all other than to complain." Perhaps you are incapable of gleaning useful information out of this thread but that doesn't mean all of us are.

    As for trying to restrict threads like this to a rants subforum, here is what I had to say about that in another thread:

    I don't think a rant and raves subforum is necessary. This is a general discussion forum for the Pre and these are discussions. I think you should resist the temptation to ban discussions you may not like to a separate "ghetto" forum. We all suffer when free exchange of thoughts and ideas (even those contrary to our own) is curtailed. We don't restrict people to ghettos because of race or religion anymore and we shouldn't be doing it for having contrary thoughts on this forum either.
  17. #937  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    We all suffer when free exchange of thoughts and ideas (even those contrary to our own) is curtailed. We don't restrict people to ghettos because of race or religion anymore and we shouldn't be doing it for having contrary thoughts on this forum either.
    Yeah, but, come on... Can't we do that to the iPhans? Yes, I know they'll soon come for me, but dang! They're worse than USC fans... Yeah, I said it!!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
  18. #938  
    Quote Originally Posted by clipcarl View Post
    I disagree when you say the original post "served no purpose at all other than to complain." Perhaps you are incapable of gleaning useful information out of this thread but that doesn't mean all of us are.

    As for trying to restrict threads like this to a rants subforum, here is what I had to say about that in another thread:

    I don't think a rant and raves subforum is necessary. This is a general discussion forum for the Pre and these are discussions. I think you should resist the temptation to ban discussions you may not like to a separate "ghetto" forum. We all suffer when free exchange of thoughts and ideas (even those contrary to our own) is curtailed. We don't restrict people to ghettos because of race or religion anymore and we shouldn't be doing it for having contrary thoughts on this forum either.
    This is certainly not an attack on free speech. There are resposibilities that a person takes upon themselves when using their free speech. One of the most commonly ignored resposibilities is that your free speech does not encroach on my freedom to not have to listen to it.

    Having the right to say sometime, doesn't necessarily mean that you should. The original posters reasons for posting were valid for him, and that is why I am not giving him a hard time on deciding to go elsewhere.

    The reasons he posted, however, are not valid to the majority. They did not help us, and it generally wastes time. Now I am not one to talk about wasting time because I have done a lot of it in this thread. It's kinda like a fly to crap... just can't help it.
  19. #939  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Wonder what the return rate is?

    My wife kept her Pre for a week longer than I did. i don't think we can blame Sprint persay. I still blame Palm, no micro SD and I don't like the from factor.
    Both things you could have known before you purchased it.

    Hopefully more than 4 g of storage and adding a micros sd would be nice and I will try the phone but without more memory and a descent keyboard the phone will be a wash out, for me. It may sell well like the centro because of eye candy.
    The Pre has 8gb of storage, not 4.

    You really had not done any homework on the Pre before buying, did you?
  20. dave12285's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #940  
    So I went into a sprint store two days ago because my earpiece failed. The guy told me to bring it in tomorrow for an exchange because they had plenty in stock. So I bring it back last night and told the girl i've done everything and she said there's an easy way to fix this. So she resets it a couple times and what do ya know, nada. So she goes to exchange it and I walk out. I notice that it's not activating and I forgot my touchstone backing. So I go back and also notice it's one from the batch that have the gap on the top and the large amount of wobble. I show her and she says that a manager needs to approve it because there's nothong wromg with it. I convice her it's not right and she said it doesn't matter because it's their last one. Haha. The guy the day before said I didn't need to hold because they have 50. Well then I can't activate it over the phone with sprint so they transfer me to palm. They're closed haha.

    It's a shame because I love my phone and the CS from sprint has been good in all my other experiences. Also, on a side note, someone was having trouble setting up their email on their pre and the rep didn't know how to do it and actually said the mail she was using doesn't work on the pre. So I go over there and set it up for the lady in a minute. I ask the rep later if she now knew how to set up that type of mail. Her respone "no, I wasn't really paying attention.= haha the end.

Posting Permissions