Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
    another 1 post viral marketing post.. prolly made from verizon offices.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    But why exactly do you need to do that? Even if you HAD more common sense than the rest of us here, why do you feel the need to spend hours on end in a forum for a device you don't own correcting us dumb-asses? If we want to live in this little fantasy world about the Pre, what's it to you?

The minute I start feeling the need to go to an iPhone or BB forum and hang out there "injecting common sense" I'm going to find a therapist.
    You don't seem to understand. It is his duty... nay, his CALLING to 'inject' us with his massive amounts of common sense. Don't you understand?

Let him inject you.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    No one cares about this. If you have an issue post, complain, hell even flame and be a fanboy...but you leaving? really dude?
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I don't think that your thinking is right on this one. It is just that when people come in to the main Pre forum with a story about how they want to drop the Pre for something else, we just feel it is out of place.
    I can't make that stuff up that you quoted me saying. Someone said that in this thread and no one called him on how ludicrous it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    I can't make that stuff up that you quoted me saying. Someone said that in this thread and no one called him on how ludicrous it was.
    I really think he was trying to be funny, not really all that serious.

When a iPhone fan in Pre owner's-clothing gives up the ghost, or phone as it were, he/she must go thru the normal grieving process:

Denial: No way is this phone better than an iPhone! Multitasking?! We don't need no stinkin' multitasking!!

Anger: Crap, it is better than an iPhone! Son of a...!!

Bargaining: Yeah, but if I get rid of the Pre before my 30 days is up and get the iPhone 3gs, then I'll be able to tell everybody that I tried and the iphone is better - for everybody!! Just don't let me fall any more in love with this Pre!

Depression: How come nobody likes me on PreCentral?! What's a "troll"?

Acceptance: Fine! I'm leaving! I miss that cool compass app anyway!

Let's be understanding with all our iPhone friends, especially those 100,000 or so who got the phones that heat up to Death Valley temps. Let us see them off as friends.

As we say in Hawaii: "Aloha! Welcome to Hawaii! Don't forget to leave!"
    But you gotta admit, IPhone users who post on Pre threads do seem to be a little into themselves.

Just in case you were wondering, I was trying to be funny too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    Actually, I think you're confusing threads. I haven't seen a comment in this one accusing the OP of purchasing the Pre just so he could denigrate it.

I did make a similar comment about another user, but it was said facetiously. As it turned out, the person I made the comment about didn't even purchase the Pre (by his on admission), so I probably wasn't far off. He's used "owning both" as a pretense for constantly comparing the Pre to the iPhone. When it's revealed that he didn't pay for the Pre, and doesn't even have service on it, it puts the situation in an entirely different light.

The only issue I have with the OP on this thread is that simply because the phone wasn't right for him (nothing wrong with that...) he extrapolates that to "it just wasn't ready" for anyone.

I don't think so...
    Can we all get back to my extremely clever use of Dr. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross's Five Stages of Grief and Loss?! Tell me how clever it was! Tell me!! Don't make me go out a buy an Iphone!!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    Can we all get back to my extremely clever use of Dr. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross's Five Stages of Grief and Loss?! Tell me how clever it was! Tell me!! Don't make me go out a buy an Iphone!!
    There, there [virtual pat on the head], that was very funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by popologuy View Post
    Is there an app for that???
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
    I ported over from Verizon to get this amazing device, sadly I just can't keep it. Really expected a more mature device knowing how important the success of this phone was to Palm & Sprint.
    No interest in reading this entire thread to see if anyone's mentioned this, but: how in the world can anyone say they expected a "more mature device" in a brand new phone? That is so self-contradictory that it makes the opposite point.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Well this is my first experience with Sprint, and I've had more dropped calls in the last month than I have had with Verizon in many years. I am assuming it is the device, since it seems to be a widespread issue with other Sprint Pre adopters. But still, why risk it. Add to that, the fact that adding a line back to my family plan in Verizon is cheaper than keeping the individual plan in Sprint, and I think you can see why.

Now call off the Kubla. The rest of you 15 year olds, keep flaming. I love to read them!
    Not everyone here is 15, I think he was just interested in why back to Verizon when Sprint will have the same phone, and your reasoning appears to be a very good one. Gotta stick with what works better for you. That's why when people ask me which phone is better I proceed to have a discussion with them of what they need it for.

The only phone that is the better phone is the one better for you. I think more important than the phone is the service provider. Honestly my two choices in service providers would be Sprint or Verizon. Sprint wins out in my books cuz of pricing and the fact that I can roll over to the verizon network for the rare instances I'm out of range.

I hope the Blackberry treats you well. As long as you don't come on here bashing a phone that works well for others then we can coexist.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    No interest in reading this entire thread to see if anyone's mentioned this, but: how in the world can anyone say they expected a "more mature device" in a brand new phone? That is so self-contradictory that it makes the opposite point.
    Brand new phone, running a brand new OS, from a (relatively) recently restructured company. I'd say expectations were misplaced a bit high artificially, and the "disappointment" in this case shouldn't be unexpected...
    The need to institute an option besides the 'Thanks!'. Like the 'No Thanks'.
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Not everyone here is 15, I think he was just interested in why back to Verizon when Sprint will have the same phone, and your reasoning appears to be a very good one. Gotta stick with what works better for you. That's why when people ask me which phone is better I proceed to have a discussion with them of what they need it for.

The only phone that is the better phone is the one better for you.
    Truth! My 82 year old father-in-law doesn't even KNOW what email is, I don't think he's ever even seen one! he doesn't need a feature-rich device. Heck, he doesn't need much more than two cups and some string: so, the stripped down Motorola flip phone he's got is perfect for him.

It does come down to what's best for the individual. For myself, I have a SUV with a very nice sound system, SiriusXM radio, and a work laptop which plays CDs, DVDs or streams those media from online. I don't need a media storage device: I used all of my Palm devices for contacts, calendar, tasks, memos, documents and computing. In my opinion, folks who have a lot of time on their hands, like taking public transportation to junior college, or walking to their jobs at Subway's, need the music to ease on down the road.

And, I have my own built-in app for making fart noises... and it comes with Smello-Vision too!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    Just pre-ordered the Blackberry Tour on Verizon. Now I must cancel my Sprint contract and return the phone by Sunday.

I ported over from Verizon to get this amazing device, sadly I just can't keep it. Really expected a more mature device knowing how important the success of this phone was to Palm & Sprint. I am on my 2nd Pre due to connectivity issues. I still get dropped calls, and the slider wobble is scaring the crap out of me. 2 years with this device? It'll never last. The lack of acknowledgement from Palm regarding these build quality issues, and the end of my 30 day trial won't allow me to hang out any more waiting for word. Add to all this the fact that I cant download a lotus spreadsheet off the phone after I e-mailed it to myself makes this a killer.

Back to verizon with my tail between my legs. It cost me $70 ETF plus activation fees on the Pre and now activation fees on the Tour to go back to Verizon. It wasn't an inexpensive experiment, and I really wanted the Pre. But facts are facts. This phone isn't ready, and despite all Palms heroic efforts, the Chinese factories have torpedoed this great opportunity. I'll probably revisit WebOS when it comes to Verizon, I believe it is the future.

For all those who may want to flame me, go ahead. I put my money up for this device, it just wasn't ready. I won't torture myself with delusions about the Pre. If Palm survives, then I'll be ready and waiting when they figure out the hardware part of the equation.

Time to join the crackberry website. As I've never had Blackberry in the past. My wife now uses my Treo 700wx, and she won't be giving it back.

brett328, OUT!
    Blackberries are wonderful devices and you will really enjoy the Tour!! Nowhere near as animated and exciting as the Pre but definitely will increase your productivity!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    This 1 stupid feature has convinced me to stick with Sprint and the Pre! Despite the spotty reception and lame build quality.
    <snip>
    Canceled the Sirius Radio, saved bucks, and got the best in car phone setup I've ever had.

Now I'm never giving back the Pre!!
    The OP's definition of "never" is a little different than Merriam-Webster's.
    This post does help people like me who are undecided about the Pre. I too have issues with the durability of the product.. I am not going to down the phone as I haven't bought one yet but if the screen is going to have bad pixels and the case is going to crack easily and the keyboard is less the solid and can't take normal wear and tear then it is Palms responsibility to own up to these defects and put out some type of statement that they are being addressed so they don't lose undecided before they go with another company..
    Quote Originally Posted by fretless View Post
    Catty, very catty!! How dare you throw OP's completely and absolutely contradictory statements back at him?! That is so very rude!

Good day to you, sir! I said, good day!
    brett328, OUT!
    liar:

Last Activity: 07/02/2009 02:22 PM
    Current Activity: Viewing Thread Times Up Palm!!
    Quote Originally Posted by fretless View Post
    Yeah, I think you can see how much I liked the phone despite its shortcomings. I really did want to keep it. I've teetered back and forth on it for 4 weeks. And do absolutely love the way this functions in my car.

But when my calls keep getting dropped, I stare at the phone and wonder what good all this whiz bang stuff is if it fails at its most basic functionality as a phone! As the end of the 30 day trial period approached, I just decided I'm not ready to be pissed off for 2 years.

Damn shame is what it is. I cant afford to stick with a spotty phone device. Maybe you web surfing, txt messaging users don't need the same phone reliability I do. But for me its ultimately a no-go.