Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Why not save the money you are spending on going back to Verizon and get the Tour on Sprint?

Also, mods, can we have a rants and raves forum?
    2 years with an 8gb Pre? It'll never last You'd be upgrading in 11 months or so..
    yawn. dont care.
    Thanks for starting a new thread for this. If only there were pre-existing threads regarding displeasure with the Pre...oh well.
    why do people like this insist on writing GOODBYE PRE posts? NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU!! its not like we know you will be gone. Have fun overpaying every month for your phone! PEACE
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    I just don't get why people always have to leave a "bye" message. I just ditched my Pre as well for *gasp* a 3G S but I don't care about telling everyone. The Pre is a good phone, with an OS that has more potential than any phone out there, I just don't want to wait for the perks to come. So I may just switch back to it later down the road or get it on Verizon if a version comes because Sprint is not that great around me.
    I've had a heck of a time trying to exchange my phone. Even after telling them I know I'm in my 30 days they said they wouldn't exchange it without having something written from a repair shop that the battery is a dud. 10% battery life loss an hour. I have gone to 2 of the stores my corporate store (which doesn't fix phones) told me to go to and both have said it's just the phone.. Really??? I read mixed reviews on here ...
    Quote Originally Posted by notabun View Post
    I just don't get why people always have to leave a "bye" message. I just ditched my Pre as well for *gasp* a 3G S but I don't care about telling everyone. The Pre is a good phone, with an OS that has more potential than any phone out there, I just don't want to wait for the perks to come. So I may just switch back to it later down the road or get it on Verizon if a version comes because Sprint is not that great around me.
    you just did
    can we get a "long goodbyes" forum??
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
    Just pre-ordered the Blackberry Tour on Verizon. Now I must cancel my Sprint contract and return the phone by Sunday.

I ported over from Verizon to get this amazing device, sadly I just can't keep it. Really expected a more mature device knowing how important the success of this phone was to Palm & Sprint. I am on my 2nd Pre due to connectivity issues. I still get dropped calls, and the slider wobble is scaring the crap out of me. 2 years with this device? It'll never last. The lack of acknowledgement from Palm regarding these build quality issues, and the end of my 30 day trial won't allow me to hang out any more waiting for word. Add to all this the fact that I cant download a lotus spreadsheet off the phone after I e-mailed it to myself makes this a killer.

Back to verizon with my tail between my legs. It cost me $70 ETF plus activation fees on the Pre and now activation fees on the Tour to go back to Verizon. It wasn't an inexpensive experiment, and I really wanted the Pre. But facts are facts. This phone isn't ready, and despite all Palms heroic efforts, the Chinese factories have torpedoed this great opportunity. I'll probably revisit WebOS when it comes to Verizon, I believe it is the future.

For all those who may want to flame me, go ahead. I put my money up for this device, it just wasn't ready. I won't torture myself with delusions about the Pre. If Palm survives, then I'll be ready and waiting when they figure out the hardware part of the equation.

Time to join the crackberry website. As I've never had Blackberry in the past. My wife now uses my Treo 700wx, and she won't be giving it back.

brett328, OUT!
    wtf? really? why are you posting as if people's well-beings depended on your approval or disapproval of the Pre? lol sorry to burst your bubble but i don't think anyone cares what phone/carrier you're jumping to next or why.. especially in a Pre forum.

there was nothing contributing about your thread
    ................................................................is it just me, or did you just tell everyone you ditched the Pre for the *gasp* Iphone 3gs.......

Really, why come back to these boards if you have returned your Pre. There are forums for Blackberry and the IPhone. You won't see me posting there because I don't have one of those devices. You have way too much time on your hands.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Then, why did you?
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    ................................................................is it just me, or did you just tell everyone you ditched the Pre for the *gasp* Iphone 3gs.......

Really, why come back to these boards if you have returned your Pre. There are forums for Blackberry and the IPhone. You won't see me posting there because I don't have one of those devices. You have way too much time on your hands.
    lol... so I don't have a G1 phone either... does that mean I'm not allowed to visit and post at G1 forums? You're a tool.

I will stay a part of these forums because I want to track the phone's progress and I gained a lot of Pre knowledge to share in my 30 days.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geogray View Post
    Then, why did you?
    I didn't start a thread. That was my point. All I did is contribute to a type of thread that I dislike in the first place, my bad.
    lol... so I don't have a G1 phone either... does that mean I'm not allowed to visit and post at G1 forums? You're a tool.

I will stay a part of these forums because I want to track the phone's progress and I gained a lot of Pre knowledge to share in my 30 days.
    No, visit all you want. But what possible good did you bring to the Pre threads by saying you left and bought a *gasp* Iphone.... seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
    Just pre-ordered the Blackberry Tour on Verizon. Now I must cancel my Sprint contract and return the phone by Sunday.

I ported over from Verizon to get this amazing device, sadly I just can't keep it. Really expected a more mature device knowing how important the success of this phone was to Palm & Sprint. I am on my 2nd Pre due to connectivity issues. I still get dropped calls, and the slider wobble is scaring the crap out of me. 2 years with this device? It'll never last. The lack of acknowledgement from Palm regarding these build quality issues, and the end of my 30 day trial won't allow me to hang out any more waiting for word. Add to all this the fact that I cant download a lotus spreadsheet off the phone after I e-mailed it to myself makes this a killer.

Back to verizon with my tail between my legs. It cost me $70 ETF plus activation fees on the Pre and now activation fees on the Tour to go back to Verizon. It wasn't an inexpensive experiment, and I really wanted the Pre. But facts are facts. This phone isn't ready, and despite all Palms heroic efforts, the Chinese factories have torpedoed this great opportunity. I'll probably revisit WebOS when it comes to Verizon, I believe it is the future.

For all those who may want to flame me, go ahead. I put my money up for this device, it just wasn't ready. I won't torture myself with delusions about the Pre. If Palm survives, then I'll be ready and waiting when they figure out the hardware part of the equation.

Time to join the crackberry website. As I've never had Blackberry in the past. My wife now uses my Treo 700wx, and she won't be giving it back.

brett328, OUT!
    Good luck with the blackberry. I had BBs for years, and the WebOS is lightyears ahead of even the 5.0 BB OS. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Way to go Mr. Assumption Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badandy127 View Post
    Way to go Mr. Assumption Man.
    drat.... how did you know it was me?
    Last edited by pogeypre; 07/02/2009 at 11:27 AM.
    Op, sorry your Pre "wasn't ready". Mine was.
    When a iPhone fan in Pre owner's-clothing gives up the ghost, or phone as it were, he/she must go thru the normal grieving process:

Denial: No way is this phone better than an iPhone! Multitasking?! We don't need no stinkin' multitasking!!

Anger: Crap, it is better than an iPhone! Son of a...!!

Bargaining: Yeah, but if I get rid of the Pre before my 30 days is up and get the iPhone 3gs, then I'll be able to tell everybody that I tried and the iphone is better - for everybody!! Just don't let me fall any more in love with this Pre!

Depression: How come nobody likes me on PreCentral?! What's a "troll"?

Acceptance: Fine! I'm leaving! I miss that cool compass app anyway!

Let's be understanding with all our iPhone friends, especially those 100,000 or so who got the phones that heat up to Death Valley temps. Let us see them off as friends.

As we say in Hawaii: "Aloha! Welcome to Hawaii! Don't forget to leave!"
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...