Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 1175
  1. #841  
    Quote Originally Posted by KeFkA666 View Post
    I am starting to think i am the only person in the world with a perfect pre lol
    well that makes 2 of us.
  2. sam1am's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    #842  
    My recommendation is to keep your phone if it has *tolerable* issues. Wait 6 months and exchange it then, when they've had a chance to work out some of the bugs in manufacturing.

    You have a one year warranty.
  3. #843  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam1am View Post
    My recommendation is to keep your phone if it has *tolerable* issues. Wait 6 months and exchange it then, when they've had a chance to work out some of the bugs in manufacturing.

    You have a one year warranty.
    doesn't mean you'll get a new one because you have a 1 year warranty. the exchange is good only for the first month
  4. #844  
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    Vellie, what did you tell Sprint about the first Pre you returned?

    Bestbuy Carrying Palm Accessories - Page 2 - Palm Pre Forums

    You shouldnt blame Palm or Sprint for your own mistake.
    Am I reading that right? He screwed up the first one on his own and exchanged it, and now he posts this thread??
  5. #845  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Am I reading that right? He screwed up the first one on his own and exchanged it, and now he posts this thread??
    That's the way I read it
  6. #846  
    It's a double edge sword for sprint. I kinda don't blame sprint for putting people on a list for exchanges only.

    Sprint wants and/or needs new customers. New customers who are willing to shell out 300$ plus a new contract at that moment. If they can cater to new customers quickly to add to their user base, then sprint can somehow remain in business. Sprint is helping out their customers, hence people want a new phone too when they exchange and if they only have a very limited supply, it will most likely drive new customers away.

    Seeing we are mostly loyal to sprint and that we already have contracts, most people are willing to wait a little bit so they can get their phone. I'm sure people who are in total agony will receive credit most likely or a different phone to their liking.

    So the jist of it is Sprint wants to get those new customers in, but if it means to bite bullet and eat peoples beef about replacements and exchanges, they're willing to take new contract's to add to their user base.

    I don't know if i"m making sense or repeating myself...or both...and I'm sorry.
  7. #847  
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    Its at the individual store's discretion. It makes more business sense to only sell the new Pres, and put exchanges on a waiting list.
    Yep & this is why Sprint is considered to be the worst in customer care. Because they dont take CARE of their current CUSTOMERS.
  8. #848  
    Quote Originally Posted by canon.tk View Post
    Makes sense to me. A lot of the people that are returning their Pre only have minor issues. Small bubble on the screen, which mine has right above the signal bars (don't care), etc..

    The point is the phone still WORKS. They can wait a bit to exhange a working phone with just some blemishes. Now if the phone was unusable or dead, then yes the store should do an exhange on the spot.
  9. #849  
    Quote Originally Posted by canon.tk View Post
    Makes sense to me. A lot of the people that are returning their Pre only have minor issues. Small bubble on the screen, which mine has right above the signal bars (don't care), etc..

    The point is the phone still WORKS. They can wait a bit to exhange a working phone with just some blemishes. Now if the phone was unusable or dead, then yes the store should do an exhange on the spot.
    OK, then what if the phone doesnt work correctly, then what??
    And before you say "well, just use your old phone in the meantime", which BTW is the line they've been feeding me as well. Well, we are new customers, so we dont have "old phones", no CDMA ones anyway.

    Sorry, but some of you defending Sprint on this is kinda unbelievable. This is shi**y customer service anyway you slice it. Anytime you try to gain new customers while alienating old ones is never good for business overall.
  10. ant1pathy's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #850  
    Quote Originally Posted by canon.tk View Post
    Makes sense to me. A lot of the people that are returning their Pre only have minor issues. Small bubble on the screen, which mine has right above the signal bars (don't care), etc..

    The point is the phone still WORKS. They can wait a bit to exhange a working phone with just some blemishes. Now if the phone was unusable or dead, then yes the store should do an exhange on the spot.
    This 100%. If your phone works, they put you on a list to get a new one when you can and allow you to drive it around for a week to see if it's right. If it's defective broken, new one on the spot if they have them around.
  11. #851  
    Quote Originally Posted by canon.tk View Post
    Makes sense to me. A lot of the people that are returning their Pre only have minor issues. Small bubble on the screen, which mine has right above the signal bars (don't care), etc..

    The point is the phone still WORKS. They can wait a bit to exhange a working phone with just some blemishes. Now if the phone was unusable or dead, then yes the store should do an exhange on the spot.
    The problem with that reasoning is that it assumes that the point of the Pre for its buyers is first and foremost as a utilitarian device and that for them form is not as important a consideration as function.

    But I think the truth is that we all picked the Pre over cheaper or more functional phones like Centros or Blackberries because we love the style, form and coolness of the device. A large part of that buying decision and the value we place on the device is based on how the device looks. (There's nothing wrong with that.) We all paid a premium price and have put ourselves through the usual new device problems so that we can have a beautiful, elegant device to own and brag about during the initial weeks after its release when we are one of the privileged few.

    So when we get a device with a flaw or defect, even if it does not impact the functionality, we are not getting what we paid for. This isn't some generic ugly Nextel phone. For many people they didn't buy a phone. They bought a beautiful work of art and as such these cosmetic defects are just as big to them as a functional defect. Sprint and Palm have to realize that this is what it means to sell an iPhone competitor to the "fat middle" instead of strictly functional phones. What we paid for is a beautiful conversation piece and not just the ability to make calls. (Heck if making calls were the overriding consideration we would all have returned our Pres a long time because, frankly, it's not very good at phone calls.)

    So, no, people should not have to wait for exchanges. They paid there for their beautiful thing and have every right to have it now.
  12. sam1am's Avatar
    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    #852  
    Quote Originally Posted by TVMA View Post
    doesn't mean you'll get a new one because you have a 1 year warranty. the exchange is good only for the first month
    The 30 day thing is to return the phone. People are getting new phones now because refurbished phones don't exist yet. Honestly, I think you'd have better chances with a refurbished phone in 6 months than a new phone now. Their QC is really sub-par.

    So unless your phone is really bad, you might as well just wait, since you're just as likely to get another dud. But in six months, I would be willing to bet most of the kinks will be worked out.
  13. #853  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Give it up. I don't need to own it to comment on it. deal with it.
    True, it isn't necessary to own the device but it would make your presence on this forum much less pathetic. BTW, I don't need to own a Pre either to comment on how pathetic you are.
    But I do.
    And you don't.
    Deal with it.
  14. #854  
    I never found Sprint customer service to be bad. Most examples of bad customer service I found were from customers expecting ridiculous levels of service.

    Now with that said, I did place myself on the Pre wait list at a store, was told "oh its normally 48 hour wait" and this was 3 weeks ago. needless to say i gave up and got an iphone 3gs
  15. #855  
    I returned my Palm Pre last night, ONLY because I paid list $549.00 and I know someone that will get it to me for $100 in afew months, Also because I couldn't go without my applications such as SlingPlayer, tethering, blah blah....Anyways, I already miss my Palm Pre in different ways and O I will return Palm, just not for $549... So Im back on my Sprint HTC Touch Pro with a zillion apps, yet with a tear LOL....Patience ..
  16. #856  
    If your lazy asses don't want to goto the store call *2 and tell the sprint rep on the phone. They will either give you a case number to order online or just mail on to your house. Also they have the power to order the Sprint in store reps to exchange your phone.
  17. #857  
    Other than my usb port cover being partly broken at purchase (maybe done by Sprint rep who installed my Touchstone back cover) my Pre is working like a champ. I was actually quite conflicted about getting the phone after reading these forums, even though I've waited and watched for it for quite awhile. I'm glad I got it. Runs great, and I only see things getting better. Won't take it back for the usb cover issue. It stays on but when removed for charging or syncing, it won't stay attached. A slight crack where it attaches to the cover makes me think it was damaged in the store. No biggie though.
  18. #858  
    Just pre-ordered the Blackberry Tour on Verizon. Now I must cancel my Sprint contract and return the phone by Sunday.

    I ported over from Verizon to get this amazing device, sadly I just can't keep it. Really expected a more mature device knowing how important the success of this phone was to Palm & Sprint. I am on my 2nd Pre due to connectivity issues. I still get dropped calls, and the slider wobble is scaring the crap out of me. 2 years with this device? It'll never last. The lack of acknowledgement from Palm regarding these build quality issues, and the end of my 30 day trial won't allow me to hang out any more waiting for word. Add to all this the fact that I cant download a lotus spreadsheet off the phone after I e-mailed it to myself makes this a killer.

    Back to verizon with my tail between my legs. It cost me $70 ETF plus activation fees on the Pre and now activation fees on the Tour to go back to Verizon. It wasn't an inexpensive experiment, and I really wanted the Pre. But facts are facts. This phone isn't ready, and despite all Palms heroic efforts, the Chinese factories have torpedoed this great opportunity. I'll probably revisit WebOS when it comes to Verizon, I believe it is the future.

    For all those who may want to flame me, go ahead. I put my money up for this device, it just wasn't ready. I won't torture myself with delusions about the Pre. If Palm survives, then I'll be ready and waiting when they figure out the hardware part of the equation.

    Time to join the crackberry website. As I've never had Blackberry in the past. My wife now uses my Treo 700wx, and she won't be giving it back.


    brett328, OUT!
  19. #859  
    bye.
  20. #860  
    Quote Originally Posted by brett328 View Post
    Just pre-ordered the Blackberry Tour on Verizon. Now I must cancel my Sprint contract and return the phone by Sunday.

    I ported over from Verizon to get this amazing device, sadly I just can't keep it. Really expected a more mature device knowing how important the success of this phone was to Palm & Sprint. I am on my 2nd Pre due to connectivity issues. I still get dropped calls, and the slider wobble is scaring the crap out of me. 2 years with this device? It'll never last. The lack of acknowledgement from Palm regarding these build quality issues, and the end of my 30 day trial won't allow me to hang out any more waiting for word. Add to all this the fact that I cant download a lotus spreadsheet off the phone after I e-mailed it to myself makes this a killer.

    Back to verizon with my tail between my legs. It cost me $70 ETF plus activation fees on the Pre and now activation fees on the Tour to go back to Verizon. It wasn't an inexpensive experiment, and I really wanted the Pre. But facts are facts. This phone isn't ready, and despite all Palms heroic efforts, the Chinese factories have torpedoed this great opportunity. I'll probably revisit WebOS when it comes to Verizon, I believe it is the future.

    For all those who may want to flame me, go ahead. I put my money up for this device, it just wasn't ready. I won't torture myself with delusions about the Pre. If Palm survives, then I'll be ready and waiting when they figure out the hardware part of the equation.

    Time to join the crackberry website. As I've never had Blackberry in the past. My wife now uses my Treo 700wx, and she won't be giving it back.


    brett328, OUT!
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

    Peace.

Posting Permissions