Page 41 of 59 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Pics or it didn't happen!
    I walked in there with a phone that didn't work, the same reason a lot of people are walking into Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikerz View Post
    pics or it didn't happen!
    QFT
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    I can see the point of this thread if you actually wanted to do an exchange...
    I totally believe this.
    When I got my Pre the guy kept asking people if they were new customers.
    If they were new to Sprint they got a Pre, if they were upgrading then they got on the waiting list.

I only noticed this becuase I saw several people come and go while he was signing me up.

My situation was at a non-corporate Sprint store, but I completely believe this is going on.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    stop CRYING...all these people posting these threads about RETURNING the phone and all the BULLSHTI need to seriously stop crying! Just return it, get your iphone or blackberry and stay out of this forum. We don't need your input. The majority of us know about all the problem the phone comes with but that doesnt give you the right to bash it just because you have weak reception. Stop crying like a little baby and think about it for once. This is a first generation phone, and it STILL has better capabilities then any other phone on the market (INCLUDING the iphone with its THIRD GENERATION)...put two and two together and just maybe you can appreciate the fact that you have the most up-to-date device.

do me a favor and just SHUT UP!
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mazook98 View Post
    I Finally accepted the fact that this phone just wasn't ready to be released...Returned the phone to LARGE sprint center in Houston....After explaining the reception problems I was still having (4th handset), the service guy told me "I can't exchange it, we're on a two week waiting list for pre's". I told him that exchanging it was the last thing I wanted, I just wanted to return it. So I did, no problem there....but while I was waiting another customer came in and SHE did want to exchange hers...Another service girl proceeded to get her signed up on the waiting list. She left. Then a guy came in with a Blackberry who was with Sprint, and wanted to "upgrade" to the pre. They got his phone number, told him it would be a few minutes, and then came back out with a new pre in the box......I asked the guy "What happened to your 2 week waiting list....???" He proceeded to tell me that "the waiting list was for exchanges only...they had pre's in stock, but they were for "new" owners, and that if they tried to exchange new pres for people that had problems, they would never have any phones." WOW....
    Did the bad Sprint people kill any babies or puppies while you were there? They prolly have the bodies in the back......or..... THE PRE IS MADE OUT OF DEAD BABIES!!! ZOMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I call BS. The Sprint store I have dealt with is the opposite. There's a waiting list to get a new one, but they always keep some in stock for exchanges.
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    My situation was at a non-corporate Sprint store, but I completely believe this is going on.
    NON-Corporate store....which means just a store affiliated with Sprint....which means the manager/owner can choose to do sales and exchanges at their own discretion.

Point in case, this topic has nothing to do w/ the PRE besides the fact its what he was returning. This thread needs to be in the Off-topic forum.
    Dude - they knew you were coming and put on a show for you, so you could come back and whine some more. They were all actors, and you fell for it!!
  11. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    this wouldnt fly at a corp store. at an indirect dealer i wouldnt have it any other way..as an employee of one and one who helps run our store its a big PITA on our part to swap pre after pre then not have any to sell. then i get to drive to the wholesaler and exchange all the defective ones..funnn

but on the flipside my pre has deffects and the replacement i just got doesnt even turn on..gotta luv it
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    I was told over the phone by Sprint customer service that if you are on waiting list to exchange phone before the 30 days are up, you will get the time extended until they get you a replacement phone.

Not doing it myself but asked the question when checking on another issue.

JM2CW
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Key information was left out. The woman who came in to exchange her Pre, was she hot? If she was, then the fact she didn't get to exchange right then and there is the story.

I believe it, and don't really care. Hell it just happened to me. My camera broke 36 hours after I got the phone, took 10 days of waiting to get a new one and the Sprint store was very upfront about having two different waiting lists and which one had priority. I waited a little, then called one of the store managers after a bit and two days later she had a phone for me. It's not the perfect situation, but understandable.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazook98 View Post
    i finally accepted the fact that this phone just wasn't ready to be released...returned the phone to large sprint center in houston....after explaining the reception problems i was still having (4th handset), the service guy told me "i can't exchange it, we're on a two week waiting list for pre's". I told him that exchanging it was the last thing i wanted, i just wanted to return it. So i did, no problem there....but while i was waiting another customer came in and she did want to exchange hers...another service girl proceeded to get her signed up on the waiting list. She left. Then a guy came in with a blackberry who was with sprint, and wanted to "upgrade" to the pre. They got his phone number, told him it would be a few minutes, and then came back out with a new pre in the box......i asked the guy "what happened to your 2 week waiting list....???" he proceeded to tell me that "the waiting list was for exchanges only...they had pre's in stock, but they were for "new" owners, and that if they tried to exchange new pres for people that had problems, they would never have any phones." wow....

get a life and go buy an i phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpanwalking View Post
    Oh good! The man who doesn't "need to own a phone to know he doesn't want it" is back to heap his infinite wisdom upon us! Hey guys, his wife hated the phone too! Hey, Dave, could you be a little bit more chapped that you hate the Pre? I don't think your hundreds of posts since launch got that across well enough.
    Oh yeah, did I mention he's never owned the phone?
    Give it up. I don't need to own it to comment on it. deal with it.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1812dave View Post
    Give it up. I don't need to own it to comment on it. deal with it.
    How do you figure?

I don't need to SPEAK japanese to understand it.....

I don't need to have a knowledge of nutrition to eat right....

I don't need to know how to perform open heart surgery to tell a surgeon how to perform it....
    Wow, I am: a) incredibly thankful that I got a good Pre; b) really hoping that Palm gets the manufacturing process right before this becomes even more of a black eye--I'm starting to see reports of poor quality in the regular press, which is bad; and c) really hoping that Palm does a recall to fix all the bad ones out there in the interim--I bet that the Sprint repair facilities could fix then with a few new parts. A recall doesn't have to cost the full price of the phone.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    This was most definitely a corporate store.....And no, I'm not an iphone fan....I left with no phone as of yet.....Not sure what to get now......
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    One time, at band camp.........
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    mods need to kill this thread - no value in it. OP was just trying to share an experience (although it may have been more appropriate to place it in another forum).