Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeFkA666 View Post
    I am starting to think i am the only person in the world with a perfect pre lol
    *sings* You are not aloooooone, no one... is aloooooone...*/sings*

Name that tune!
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    Um, AND the $35.00 "restocking" fee.
    Meh. Depends where you go. My store doesn't charge that typically.
    Vellie, what did you tell Sprint about the first Pre you returned?

Bestbuy Carrying Palm Accessories - Page 2 - Palm Pre Forums

You shouldnt blame Palm or Sprint for your own mistake.
    I Finally accepted the fact that this phone just wasn't ready to be released...Returned the phone to LARGE sprint center in Houston....After explaining the reception problems I was still having (4th handset), the service guy told me "I can't exchange it, we're on a two week waiting list for pre's". I told him that exchanging it was the last thing I wanted, I just wanted to return it. So I did, no problem there....but while I was waiting another customer came in and SHE did want to exchange hers...Another service girl proceeded to get her signed up on the waiting list. She left. Then a guy came in with a Blackberry who was with Sprint, and wanted to "upgrade" to the pre. They got his phone number, told him it would be a few minutes, and then came back out with a new pre in the box......I asked the guy "What happened to your 2 week waiting list....???" He proceeded to tell me that "the waiting list was for exchanges only...they had pre's in stock, but they were for "new" owners, and that if they tried to exchange new pres for people that had problems, they would never have any phones." WOW....
    nobody cares lol
    It certainly makes sense. Move more inventory for people that are buying the phone, and not for those who already purchased the phone and are experiencing problems. Have fun!
    That is BS! They should be taking care of customer that need axchanges before the 30 day period
    lame topic....probably didnt even happen
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by mazook98 View Post
    I Finally accepted the fact that this phone just wasn't ready to be released...Returned the phone to LARGE sprint center in Houston....After explaining the reception problems I was still having (4th handset), the service guy told me "I can't exchange it, we're on a two week waiting list for pre's". I told him that exchanging it was the last thing I wanted, I just wanted to return it. So I did, no problem there....but while I was waiting another customer came in and SHE did want to exchange hers...Another service girl proceeded to get her signed up on the waiting list. She left. Then a guy came in with a Blackberry who was with Sprint, and wanted to "upgrade" to the pre. They got his phone number, told him it would be a few minutes, and then came back out with a new pre in the box......I asked the guy "What happened to your 2 week waiting list....???" He proceeded to tell me that "the waiting list was for exchanges only...they had pre's in stock, but they were for "new" owners, and that if they tried to exchange new pres for people that had problems, they would never have any phones." WOW....
    makes perfect sense to me. thats how things are ran at our store
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    That certainly goes against what I've heard. I think most stores are the other way around by giving priority to exchanges.
    I'd just go to another store.
    its actually the store managers discretion
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Its at the individual store's discretion. It makes more business sense to only sell the new Pres, and put exchanges on a waiting list.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    lame topic....probably didnt even happen
    LOL HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    you just made my day dude. I almost died laughing
    Turn on the Sprint navigation software for a while. That will heat up your phone but good. When I exchanged my Pre for the same issue, I just Sprint nav'd my way to the store. Another good way is to let the battery drain, then listen to pandora while charging it. Charging the battery will heat it up significantly. Pandora is to soothe you while you wait :-)
    This happened to me too in NY, and when I called sprint about it they said to go back and speak with a manager. The woman on the phone gave me her number, and told me that the store was going against policy to make more money. Then she said if the manager wouldn't exchange the phone, I should call her from the store, and corporate would step-in since it's a violation of their policy.

Anyways, the point is this probably wasn't a corporate store, and the managers were being greedy.
    Yes, I guess it does make more sense to sell something with problems to as many people as you can instead of trying to make your customer satisfied with their purchase. How stupid of me.
    I wish I was around this forum alot longer than I have been....Id love to be a Moderator and be able to get rid of these useless threads.

This should be off-topic anyway, as its only relative to the PRE as the product....has nothing to do with the PRE in terms of hardware, software information.

All it has to do with is the relatively boring, uninformative, and mind you, reptitive threads from someone that obviously has nothing better to do than post in a forum for a phone they dont want. Im not sure where the logic in that is?
    Did you walk in there with this attitude?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...esnt-work.html

Maybe that had something to do with it.